Online Playing

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

When i play online with my friend i get an error after 20 min.... that is really anoying
:)

Edited by Seregon, 09 April 2005 - 08:00 PM.

#2 Err0r

Err0r
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:55 AM

mismatch? yea i get that often too, even in regular gen

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:03 PM

On another Forum I found a comment about trying to fix that. they said delete the _tmpchunk file from the Zerohour folder in MyDocuments

I've not tried it yet, but on that forum they said it helped a whole lot

Make sure all your players do it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Seregon

Seregon
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:31 PM

Ty

#5 Guest_Alyssa_*

Guest_Alyssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

Pendaelose

You mentioned to delete the file _tmpchunk however i cant find it anywhere on my system

Do you happen to have the full file name by any chance

All of my zero hour is in the regular install path (no custom directories)

Thx in advance

Alyssa

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

Pendaelose

You mentioned to delete the file _tmpchunk  however i cant find it anywhere on my system

Thx in advance

Alyssa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I foud out after the fact that _TMPChunk.dat only exists if you are using the script tools in world builder... The good news is if you have a TMPChunk and you delete it you wlil be better off than having it, but that doesn't fix the problem completly.

But the Mismathc is a very ficle thing. I tried a whole night to get into one game with freinds and every game we had the error. I changed to a different comuter and had no problems at all... it was the same version of ZH with the same mod... go figure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#7 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

Pendaelose

You mentioned to delete the file _tmpchunk  however i cant find it anywhere on my system

Thx in advance

Alyssa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is in
.../My Documents/Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data/
File name is "_tmpChunk.dat"

#8 Guest_Alyssa_*

Guest_Alyssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

OK,

I deleted the file and I'm still getting the mismatch thingy.

Does anyone have any other ideas

I dont get this when I do the regulare game

Thanks in advance.

Alyssa

#9 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Maybe host the game on a faster computer. When I had my friend host game on his "supercomputer" there was virtually no lag no error. When I host a game on a "sloth" other friend's computer, terrible lag and mismatch error. Make sure your computer is fast enough too.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

I dunno... I still get problems and i've got a killer machine...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Alyssa_*

Guest_Alyssa_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:05 PM

Computer

AMD 64 3000
2gb XMS Dual Channel DDR2 RAM

G Force FX 5500 256MB

Windows XP SP 2

Direct X 9.0C
Nvidia Driver 7184

My friends computer is even better and hes hosting on my LAN

any other ideas are appreciated and thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Alyssa

#12 Guest_Cluster_*

Guest_Cluster_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

any other ideas? i have the problem too

#13 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Possibly it is problemm of regular generals. Have you such errors playing generals without any mods installed?

PS: I did not change any network settings. I have no idea why you have errors. Maybe there are problems with your net...

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

No i haven't got problems in the normal generals, but i have notice something, the missmatch comes always when the first player getting generals promotion star general 2

#15 Cluster

Cluster
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

i am not alone with this problem, wich version of the should i have?

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:10 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly version of ZeroHour and Version of contra make very little difference.
To play online you have to have the latest zerohour. If you are playing pure Contra then play with Creators last patch. If you are playing my remix, play with the latest version I have posted.... basicly, play with the newest, what ever you are playing. Even if you get the mismatch problem, at least you know you can report other bugs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Cluster

Cluster
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:48 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sadly version of ZeroHour and Version of contra make very little difference.
To play online you have to have the latest zerohour. If you are playing pure Contra then play with Creators last patch. If you are playing my remix, play with the latest version I have posted.... basicly, play with the newest, what ever you are playing. Even if you get the mismatch problem, at least you know you can report other bugs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't know wich version of contra i got, i have simple download the files from http://contra.game-mod.net/ and the patch from this page and my friend had downloaded the files also

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

i don't know wich version of contra i got, i have simple download the files from http://contra.game-mod.net/ and the patch from this page and my friend had downloaded the files also

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd recomend just get the latest one that you want to play and copy over the contra files in your zerohour folder. if you want pure contra just put back the original .03 and run the patch

For Contra .03 you only need
Original Contra
and
Contra EXP patch

OR
If you want my version all you need is
Contra-Remix
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Cluster

Cluster
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:53 PM

is the problem with the multiplayer game also in your version of cotra?
And i have the 1.04 version engl. from zero hour

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:48 AM

are you joking? I had the mismatch problem with NO mods... the problem is in the Engine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users