And on today's mod hater of the week: ACK!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#61 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

For you, yeah.

Not for everyone else.

#62 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

And as was foreseen, ACK is incapable of coming to an agreement. At least now no one can accuse me of not trying.

#63 jakeydude666

jakeydude666
  • Project Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:14 PM

agreed :w00t:
Now, how about those Beatles, what a good band

#64 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

No, that's off topic, thread closed!

Just kidding. :w00t:

#65 jakeydude666

jakeydude666
  • Project Team
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

hehe
I just hope he has realised and learns from this, but knowing how stubbern he is, i doubt he will learn anything
As A Great man once said, "thank you very much!" and we should be hearing that from ACK, as we have shown him the light!
ohh and the Great Man was Elvis, not Gunnery Sargent Hartman ("Bullshit! i bet you could suck a golfball through a garden hose")
-Jakey (Rocks)

#66 Mishkin

Mishkin

title available

• Project Team
  • 557 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration, Digging a hole under your house

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:10 PM

Damn! I was hoping that this could get resolved. It's just... anooying when he posts such negative things about our models... ah well, we know he's gonna do it again.
What the hell, Immo, bring out the next double!

#67 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

Ack is an arrogant ass hole whom has ostracized himself from everyone in the community except for the select few people whom are in his "clique"

I also recall a time when he would come into Black Cell servers and do nothing but be an team hampering ass, or use his little "hacks" for no reasonable reason.

He is also a self righteous bastard whom can not see his own flaws, Talking to him like talking to a mentally deficient 14 year old. Its nothing but circles that he continues to weave so he doesn't have to answer questions, And when he is forced out of his circle all he states is " Thats not a good enough reason, explain it better ".

Anyone who says they can tolerate ACK is either on his little clique, or hasn't been on the net long enough to know the " mod scene "

And lets face it, he has no grounds to be such a superior being... Since most all the work produced to date for his so called mods are far below average.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:23 AM

I think the work on RenAlert is quite good

Anyway last time i cheaked when somthing is based on somthing, it does not need to be a clone

#69 Aircraftkiller

Aircraftkiller
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  •  Banned

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:55 AM

Komataguri, nice try... But lying won't get you anywhere outside of places like this where you can rally your friends to feed on hate for people.

I came into the BC servers to cheat *once* and that was because they had accused me of cheating before, unjustly and without a shred of evidence that I had done anything wrong. So I showed them what a real cheat was, and then they had the audacity to cry foul. I had played in the servers for about two months and consistently killed over 30 players a game with a K\D ratio of 4.0 without any problem at all... But once you mention that you can't damage anything, you must be cheating... Even though someone on the other team was cheating, and that caused the problem to crop up. Being killed by someone using a standard objects.ddb cheat can make your client screw up with the server, so you're unable to gain credits or damage\repair anything.

As for calling me self-righteous, you know absolutely nothing about me. You assume constantly and believe that your assumptions must be reality.

And stop calling me a "superior being" or whatever else you equate to that FFS... I've never claimed to be superior to anyone and the few times where I do say my work is better than a particular set shown to me is, as previously stated, rare. It's like you make me out to be some kind of bogeyman so you can circulate rumors and make me out to be something horrible.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for hating someone at all, especially with such malevolence. That you could actually be so hostile to someone over the Internet, who you'll never meet or speak to, speaks lots for your own personality. Seek professional mental help or something champ... I wouldn't let my family around someone like you.

#70 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:11 AM

Didn't he say he was done with this thread before? *sigh* Just has to get the last word, doesn't he?

#71 BlckWyerve

BlckWyerve

The end of Tech civilization

• Project Team
  • 339 posts
  • Projects:Project? What Project? >_>
  •  Inside Looking Out

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:13 AM

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for hating someone at all, especially with such malevolence. That you could actually be so hostile to someone over the Internet, who you'll never meet or speak to, speaks lots for your own personality. Seek professional mental help or something champ... I wouldn't let my family around someone like you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO. Oh, the irony! You call people retards and constantly diss their mods, and yet HE needs help.

You're the one with an inferiority complex.

#72 Aircraftkiller

Aircraftkiller
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  •  Banned

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:36 AM

I don't hate anyone though, never have and never will... Although I do find it a bit amusing that you were bashing me earlier using almost the same kind of rhetoric that I use, and then say I need help?

Didn't he say he was done with this thread before? *sigh* Just has to get the last word, doesn't he?

I changed my mind when I saw something different that I felt should have been rebutted... Although I notice you have no problems with the multitude of people that spam their so-called hate for me here.

#73 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:55 AM

i'm i the only one who likes his mod?

#74 Aircraftkiller

Aircraftkiller
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  •  Banned

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:06 AM

In here you are, apparently. :-) The only reason most people are bashing what I make is because they didn't like what I had to say about theirs... Take it with a bit of salt.

#75 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

Or your attitude in the way that you comment on others work has turned us off. Or the way that you brush off any criticism, usually with a "clever" remark about the intellect of the person making it. Or the way that you manage to always make a straw-man out of someone's comments so that you don't have to consider any changes to your work.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#76 Aircraftkiller

Aircraftkiller
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  •  Banned

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:24 AM

If that were true, I wouldn't have changed a lot of my work then. You should look closer before you accuse.

#77 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:25 AM

Every comment from anyone that I have any respect for that I've seen has been brushed off.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#78 Aircraftkiller

Aircraftkiller
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  •  Banned

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

So? I never disputed that part. :-)

I said I changed my work based on what was written... Never said I wouldn't counter anyone that wrote things I disagreed with. I'm not going to be submissive to anyone, especially when they mask their hostility in the form of a half-ass critique.

#79 The End 007

The End 007
  • Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert Regeneration - 2D artist

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

i'm i the only one who likes his mod?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I quite like renalert and will probably download the BF version IF I buy the game (I wouldn't buy ANY game soley for a mod) what I dislike is Aircraftkiller's unwillingness to improve on his not so impressive work. There is a lot of good work there, but there's also a lot of sloppy work such as the Allied barracks, which to be frank looks like a slab of green concrete. Our barracks uses shading and lighting on the texture itself to make the top and sides appear to have the concave shapes between the supports it's not even something that needs to be changed the add to the poly count. And even with this pointed out to him he leaves it as this solid looking green block. That's what I don't like, when he listens and changes things, takes on board what people say he can come out with some impressive stuff. The Tesla Coil is a prime example, but when he hides behind the "this is how it was in red alert" excuse it quite often leaves the structure or tank looking.........lazy.
Posted Image

Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't be exhumed. - Muse - Sing for Absolution

#80 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

To be honest nit picking off details is utterly pointless considering the nature of the game.

ACK your modification is an total conversion of RA1 rite? Yet your using the BattleField engine which last time I check was an FPS which is an completly different genre from RTS.

Total Conversions will often have similiar gameplay, units and storyline these are true to the original.

Since we live in the present we are able to analyse units piece by piece, units have been balanced in ra-gen for instance like the stupidly powerful missile sub and quake tank which were in RA1. The units have extra details cos its an 3D enviroment, certain features behave in an different manner cos of the limitations of the engine. The game is being based upon the sprites and not the dodgy FMV's with brown tanks and some dodgy LST landings on beaches.

ACK giving positive feedback is possible you know, being an "veteran" doesn't mean you have to be an jackass.

Edited by Allied General, 13 April 2005 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users