Reality bites!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Realistics Master_*

Guest_Realistics Master_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:11 AM

Heres a list of suggestions for the next release or patch whatsoever:

Firstly, plz alter the AI, there have been many a time when i use Gattling Tanks to shoot at infantry released when any USA building is destroyed and the infantry just stand there to be killed!
Also, Patriot missile system in reality, destroys ballistic missiles with EASE but in the game the missiles are VERY slow and cannot even destroy Tomahawks, SCUDS. furthermore, the missiles are supposed to reach supersonic speeds 5 secobds aftr being launched. Can you tweak this so it becomes more realstic?
Another point, missile/tank/artillery explosions dont do A THING to infantry/tanks etc that are just one mm away from the explosion. Have you watched army shows? The infantry still get hurt when a missile explodes near them!
Yet another, Aurora Alpha/Betashould have this supersonic jet sound when they take off. For Aurora alpha maybe a piercing screech as it zooms off. For Aurora Beta maybe a loud booming sound when it takes off (like in the mod Pro:Gen)

Well thats all the announcements i have for today, tune in some other time and see what i have installed for you!

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:28 AM

Those are all compleatly true points... as a Soldier whose been across the pond I can tell you they are true cause I've seen them! You are absolutly right.

the bad news is that would ruin the game. One of the apeals of any RTS game is the very delicate game balance between Infantry, Tanks, and planes. To maintain that balance sometimes we just have to give up some realism. It would be a lame game if a single Fighter swoops in and kills 122 seperate targets at once with 100% acurate laser guieded weapons and then flys out without EVER having even been seen. If it was close enough to see then you know it must have dropped its payload miles back and you are already dead.

If you want more realism Go play Act of War! It sits a whole lot close to the realism border... its just less fun. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:56 AM

Also, Patriot missile system in reality, destroys ballistic missiles with EASE but in the game the missiles are VERY slow and cannot even destroy Tomahawks, SCUDS. furthermore, the missiles are supposed to reach supersonic speeds 5 secobds aftr being launched. Can you tweak this so it becomes more realstic?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Patriot missile system in reality have 63% chance to hit target. In Iraq War in 1991 there were a lot of cases when Patriot could not catch up Iraq missile. After Iraq missile hit its trget Patriot come after it and hit that target second time :p
I don't use "SCUD" word because arabs used different types of missiles: Elbrus, Luna, remaked AA missiles and also hand made ones :) (constructed from parts of other missiles)

Another point, missile/tank/artillery explosions dont do A THING to infantry/tanks etc that are just one mm away from the explosion. Have you watched army shows? The infantry still get hurt when a missile explodes near them!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite. Some munitions such as AP and HEAT shells can hit into ground near a soldier and not even harm him. Moreover real battle is more that you can imagine. For example, fragmentation munitions become less powerfull after rain because of lowered density of ground. Artillery become less acurate the longer it fires because of turbulent flows of air. And etc. It is impossible to implement all these reality features and furthermore nobody need it. It is just the game. The main is good gameplay.

#4 Guest_Realistics master_*

Guest_Realistics master_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:16 AM

What bout the Aurora Beta and Alpha boom sounds?

#5 Guest_Realistics Master_*

• Guests

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

Next set of suggestions:
Bullets to cause the dirt to splash when Gattling Tanks/Bullet firing units fire made to force fire.
Smoke from all flames as well as ashes.
Vehicle tracks to leave bloody tracks after smashing an infantry for at least 2s

#6 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

Next set of suggestions:
Bullets to cause the dirt to splash when Gattling Tanks/Bullet firing units fire made to force fire.
Vehicle tracks to leave bloody tracks after smashing an infantry for at least 2s

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what is your sytsem pentium 4 3ghz or so :p
and the bloody tracks is as far as i know impossible to code with generals engine

#7 Guest_Realistics Master_*

• Guests

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:24 PM

Next set of suggestions:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what is your sytsem pentium 4 3ghz or so :p
and the bloody tracks is as far as i know impossible to code with generals engine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well these are just suggestions for even more realistic gameplay. I know the flames have alrdy been made to look cool and all, maybe Creator can pregramme the black dust on the ground when Spectre Gunship fires for Gattling Tanks and maybe dirt splashes when tank shells hit infantry, Creator can programme it for bullet splashes.
Tank tracks are difficult indeed i understand but as i mentioned just more suggestions.

#8 Guest_Personhood_*

Guest_Personhood_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:24 PM

Patriot missiles should be larger.

#9 s@m

s@m
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Projects:Blue Fire

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

aurora should go faster when returning to the base becose it drop its bomb and it lost its extra weight :p

Edited by s@m, 25 May 2005 - 12:54 PM.

#10 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:22 PM

Patriot missiles should be larger.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aurora should go faster when returning to the base becose it drop its bomb and it lost its extra weight ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aurora is built that way cos all its fuel was used up into supersonic attack, that was the explination in the original generals.... :p

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#11 s@m

s@m
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Projects:Blue Fire

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

Really smart i havent thing about that :thumbsup:

#12 stack111

stack111

born with rags, on the road to riches

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:Zero Hour Mod Conquer or Die

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

this really bites me, the nuke general in 003 to me is pretty overpowered,

those retalators: the replacements for gattling cannons that are supposed to be horrible against mutiple targets(they are) are deadly when you have 3 of them next to each other just destory everything!

why isn't the price raised on those things, like to 1800 for one turret
that would go with nuke gen's "high offense, low defense"
Posted Image
"The great questions of the day will not be decided by speeches and resolutions but by blood and iron" Otto Von Bismarck

#13 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:01 PM

I will have to agree that nuke gen is very overpowered.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:29 AM

I will have to agree that nuke gen is very overpowered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is true, but Nuke is also so much fun cause they got the cool toys...

My outlook on nuke is... Make that UBER nuke a very expensive, very slow upgrade... make all nuke Silos more expensive, even when they drop normal nukes... Nuke also got the least powerful Iron dragon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#15 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

yah, true. nuke is very fun to play with.

How about instead of increasing cost and time for nuke. Lets make other generals up to par with nuke gen.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

Posted Image Posted Image

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:18 PM

yah, true. nuke is very fun to play with.

How about instead of increasing cost and time for nuke.  Lets make other generals up to par with nuke gen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm trying to d othat, but its not easy... Flame and Cybr got most of my attention, and air got a little. but its tough to do that much work to anybody... just reworking one general is a major task.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 stack111

stack111

• Hosted
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

nudge. nudge. :laugh: go here

if you haven't read this

Edited by stack111, 26 May 2005 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image
"The great questions of the day will not be decided by speeches and resolutions but by blood and iron" Otto Von Bismarck

#18 stack111

stack111

• Hosted
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

i think contra should have a super sonic fighter, we have plenty in real life
Posted Image

#19 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

i think contra should have a super sonic fighter, we have plenty in real life

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

most of the supersonic fighters in real life are already presented in Contra as Non-supersonic... most of the reason being few SS fighters can FIGHT while SS... they drop to normal speeds to engage for a lot of reasons, not the least of which being the G-forces.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 stack111

stack111

• Hosted
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

yes i know they can't dog fight or make sharp turns but staying on course when SS then unloading your missles then slow down for the turn, could be possible

Edited by stack111, 01 June 2005 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users