• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Gondolin

Gondolin
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, I exported the crop planes as geometry- 2 sided but your right in that in the "applied section" of the Navigator the new material does not show up. However, it still doesn't export the alpha settings or something, as in W3DView its the same (no alpha).

It seems pretty odd to me, but there must be something I'm doing wrong.

#22 Gondolin

Gondolin
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Ok, I finally solved my whole damn problem, I think. I was using the "Std Mtls W3D Exporter" in the W3D Export Utilities to export all my W3Ds which I thought was the correct way to do it...

I decided to just try out selecting File -> Export and poof...my alpha channels are exported, no extra material created on exporting! My forged blades and fire arrows look great, which is good, since I must have had the settings right for ages, just exported it with a freaking buggy exporter!

Anyone else had this problem, aren't you supposed to use the "Std Mtls W3D Exporter"?

#23 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

I've been doing the same as you with the same results. I'll try exporting instead of w3d tools. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the alphas weren't coming out!

#24 Gondolin

Gondolin
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

I just read up on those W3D tutorials again to double check, and I found that the "Std Mtls Exporter" is only for exporting Lightscape models, and though I have no idea what they are, I guess they aren't the ones we want.

I realized the "Olfaq Infantry Tutorial" says to use File -> Export, but the Proclone "Riggin the Titan" tutorial (which is one of the first ones I read) uses the "Std Mtls Exporter." I guess I never gave it a second thought. That might have been an obsolete file format from that older game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users