No replies to this topic

#1 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first tutorial ever. I'm going to explain users of Mod Manager how to work with asset.dat. Moderators, please edit if you see an error.

EDIT: changed some things to explain more about Mod Manager and to fix an error that occured at my computer

Requirements
Battle for Middle-earth v 1.02 or higher
Mod Manager by Hazard
A BIG editor

Do this once
- create a folder somewhere on your disk, for example "C:\Program Files\EA Games\bfmemod". this will be referred to as <modpath>
- go to your BFME directory and open the Tools folder
- copy AssetCacheBuilder.exe in this directory to <modpath>
- create a shortcut. the path of this shortcut will be "<path to lotrbfme.exe>" -mod "<modpath>".
- read the readme-file included with Mod Manager and learn how to work with the program (start with some simple ini mods, examples included)

Do this every time you have a new mod
- open the mod folder and got to the 'overwrite' directory. delete the file 'asset.dat' if it's there, you don't need it.
- open Mod Manager, select the mods you want, and click File -> Install mods
- open explorer and go to your BFME directory. open the file 1ModManager.big with a BIG editor and extract all files to <modpath>
- delete 1ModManager.big
- run AssetCacheBuilder.exe in <modpath>

Do this every time you run the game
- if you want to play WITH modifications, use the shortcut you created
- if you want to play the original game, for e.g. online multiplayer, use the original shortcut

I hope this will help some people who want to use multiple mods that alter graphics (like myself)

Edited by 2playgames, 29 April 2005 - 05:57 PM.

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users