548 replies to this topic

#21 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

In real life quad cannon have no hope of shooting down an air craft made after 1950,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quad cannon with automatic aiming system have some chances to destroy jets flying at low altitude.

Patriot missle launchers DO NOT attack tanks, or even planes, EVER  :dry: ,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nowdays they are developing new type of missile for Patriot that will be able to destroy ground targets. Possibly it is further development of ADATS project.

but I could also just call it a TOS II or III and do what ever I want ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TOS-2 and TOS-3 are under development already. As TOS-1, they will be heavy flame thrwing systems equipped with thermobarical or incendiary warheads. Of course, anti ground only. Their names are known, but regrettably there is no any other data (top secret)
TOS-1 Buratino
TOS-2 Carabas
TOS-3 Kirovograd

Or, if TOS realy offends you I could just call it missle tanki/site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I simply don't want somebody to distort reality very much. If you want an anti aircraft flamethrower then think up it, model it and give it a fantastic name. Of course, you can use Buratino too, but at first, let it be anti ground only like in reality. At second, it is Russian unit. Why must it be Chinese in game? Let China to have its own original flamethrowers.

If a patriot can be abused... so can a TOS, or we can rename it.  In real life there are very few missle launchers that attack everything the way a launcher will in game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do not to think up your own launcher? To say, PMS-4A (Pendaelose Missile System modification №4, A = advanced) :huh:

#22 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

I simply don't want somebody to distort reality very much. If you want an anti aircraft flamethrower then think up it, model it and give it a fantastic name. Of course, you can use Buratino too, but at first, let it be anti ground only like in reality. At second, it is Russian unit. Why must it be Chinese in game? Let China to have its own original flamethrowers.

its only chineese because the model fits China much moer than any other faction. But I realy like the MSP-4A name. I'll use that. past that its just physical resemblence. I've got no attatchment to the name TOS, its just what was with the model and it sounded good.

as for making a model.. I can make models all day long... its skinning that kicks my butt. always has. so I use models that others have left available for sharing. I know you know what I mean. a good few of the models in contra are available for DL on Gen-Dev... and thats cool. thats what they're there for.

But fret not... it is now the MSP-4A (PMScan be found elsewere :dry: )
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#23 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

is it possible to put planes inside an building like tunnel network but than on an airfield so theyre invincible??

grtz matador

#24 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:09 PM

is it possible to put planes inside an building like tunnel network but than on an airfield so theyre invincible??

grtz matador

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say yes.., but i'm not certain. The plane can for sure be given the enter building option, and the building can for sure hold units, but the locomotor for the aircraft might make it tough to make it happen. also you have the issue of landing stip holding. would the airfiled keep its door open for the plane if it was garrioned in the building????
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#25 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:04 PM

I would say yes.., but i'm not certain. The plane can for sure be given the enter building option, and the building can for sure hold units, but the locomotor for the aircraft might make it tough to make it happen. also you have the issue of landing stip holding. would the airfiled keep its door open for the plane if it was garrioned in the building????

dont care about that:P in only using it so my not stealth planes are stealth on the ground because i made already airfields with camonetting upgrade.
and it looks little dumb when you see a shiny A10 on the ground with no airfield were its standing on :p

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

you see a shiny A10 on the ground with no airfield were its standing on :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then give the A10 stealth when it is not moving. give it stealth with the condition unit is stationary

are you using my A-10??? :) ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:24 PM

you see a shiny A10 on the ground with no airfield were its standing on ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then give the A10 stealth when it is not moving. give it stealth with the condition unit is stationary

are you using my A-10??? :) :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ive add it to the granger :p
but i want it also protected against bombs ;)

#28 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

ive add it to the granger :p
but i want it also protected against bombs ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanted to add it to granger sooooo bad... I love air usa. But I decided that was plenty of reason no to. I love air cause the strong and flexable. I felt Cybr needed something cool to help make him destinct
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

hehe lol i got granger way over powered :p
commache 1 hit 1 destroyed tank ;)
but long reload times because was little unfair

#30 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

can some1 check this

; ***DESIGN parameters ***
  DisplayName      = OBJECT:BigAirfield
  Side            = AmericaAirForceGeneral
  EditorSorting    = STRUCTURE

Prerequisites
    Object = AirF_AmericaSupplyCenter
    Science = SCIENCE_AIRF

End

BuildCost          = 750
  BuildTime          = 30.0
  EnergyProduction    = -1
  CommandSet          = AirF_AmericaBigAirfieldCommandSet
  VisionRange        = 200.0
  ShroudClearingRange = 200
  ArmorSet
    Conditions        = None
    Armor            = StructureArmor
    DamageFX          = StructureDamageFXNoShake
  End

; *** AUDIO Parameters ***
  VoiceSelect          = AirfieldUSASelect
  SoundOnDamaged      = BuildingDamagedStateLight
  SoundOnReallyDamaged = BuildingDestroy

UnitSpecificSounds
    UnderConstruction    = UnderConstructionLoop
  End

; *** ENGINEERING Parameters ***
  RadarPriority      = STRUCTURE
  KindOf              = PRELOAD STRUCTURE SELECTABLE GARRISONABLE_UNTIL_DESTROYED FS_AIRFIELD IMMOBILE SCORE CAPTURABLE FS_FACTORY MP_COUNT_FOR_VICTORY AUTO_RALLYPOINT

Body                = StructureBody ModuleTag_10
    MaxHealth        = 4000.0
    InitialHealth    = 4000.0
    SubdualDamageCap = 6000
    SubdualDamageHealRate = 500
    SubdualDamageHealAmount = 100
  End

Behavior = AIUpdateInterface ModuleTag_AI
  End

behavior =
  GarrisonContain ModuleTag_10
    ContainMax                    = 8
    EnterSound                    = GarrisonEnter
    ExitSound                    = GarrisonExit
    AllowInsideKindOf    = AIRCRAFT
    ForbidInsideKindOf    = INFANTRY VEHICLE HUGE_VEHICLE
    ImmuneToClearBuildingAttacks  = Yes
  END

Behavior = ObjectCreationUpgrade ModuleTag_Patrol01
    UpgradeObject = OCL_AmericanPatrolAFG
    TriggeredBy  = Upgrade_USABuildingPatrol
  End

Behavior = BaseRegenerateUpdate ModuleTag_13
  End

Behavior = DestroyDie ModuleTag_14
  End
  Behavior        = CreateObjectDie ModuleTag_15
    CreationList  = OCL_ABPowerPlantExplode
  End
  Behavior        = CreateObjectDie ModuleTag_16
    CreationList  = AirF_OCL_AmericanRangerDebris02
    ExemptStatus  = UNDER_CONSTRUCTION
  End
  Behavior            = FXListDie ModuleTag_17
    DeathFX      = FX_StructureMediumDeath
  End

Behavior = FlammableUpdate ModuleTag_19
    AflameDuration = 5000
    AflameDamageAmount = 5
    AflameDamageDelay = 500
  End

Behavior = TransitionDamageFX ModuleTag_31
    ;-------------DESIGNED FOR MEDIUM SIZED FACTION BUILDING TRANSITIONS-------------------
    DamagedParticleSystem1      = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumSmoke
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ReallyDamagedParticleSystem1 = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumSmoke
    ReallyDamagedParticleSystem2 = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumExplosion
    ReallyDamagedParticleSystem3 = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumShockwave
  End

Geometry            = BOX
  GeometryMajorRadius = 112.0
  GeometryMinorRadius = 74.0
  GeometryHeight      = 25.0
  GeometryIsSmall    = No
  FactoryExitWidth    = 25
  Shadow          = SHADOW_VOLUME
  BuildCompletion = PLACED_BY_PLAYER
End

and

CommandSet AirF_AmericaBigAirfieldCommandSet
  1 = Command_StructureExit
  2 = Command_StructureExit
  3 = Command_StructureExit
  4 = Command_StructureExit
  5 = Command_StructureExit
  6 = Command_StructureExit
  7 = Command_StructureExit
  8 = Command_StructureExit
  End

i cant find something wrong :p
i used the code of chinook and palace

#31 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

have you tried putting infantry in the building? hae you set the TransportSlotCount used by your aircraft? I think by default they don't have it listed at all, or set to 0)

Edited by Pendaelose, 29 April 2005 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

i got this now

; *** ENGINEERING Parameters ***
  RadarPriority      = STRUCTURE
  KindOf              = PRELOAD STRUCTURE SELECTABLE IMMOBILE FS_AIRFIELD TRANSPORT SCORE CAPTURABLE MP_COUNT_FOR_VICTORY AUTO_RALLYPOINT

Body                = StructureBody ModuleTag_10
    MaxHealth        = 4000.0
    InitialHealth    = 4000.0
    SubdualDamageCap = 6000
    SubdualDamageHealRate = 500
    SubdualDamageHealAmount = 100
  End

Behavior = AIUpdateInterface ModuleTag_AI
  End

Behavior = ObjectCreationUpgrade ModuleTag_Patrol01
    UpgradeObject = OCL_AmericanPatrolAFG
    TriggeredBy  = Upgrade_USABuildingPatrol
  End

Behavior = TransportContain ModuleTag_08
    Slots                = 5
    DamagePercentToUnits  = 100%
    AllowInsideKindOf    = AIRCRAFT
    ForbidInsideKindOf    = INFANTRY VEHICLE HUGE_VEHICLE
    ExitDelay            = 100
    NumberOfExitPaths    = 1
  End

Behavior = ProductionUpdate ModuleTag_12
    NumDoorAnimations            = 2
    DoorOpeningTime              = 2000  ;in mSeconds
    DoorWaitOpenTime            = 3000  ;in mSeconds
    DoorCloseTime                = 2000  ;in mSeconds
    ConstructionCompleteDuration = 1000  ;in mSeconds
  End

Behavior = BaseRegenerateUpdate ModuleTag_13
  End

Behavior = DestroyDie ModuleTag_14
  End
  Behavior        = CreateObjectDie ModuleTag_15
    CreationList  = OCL_ABPowerPlantExplode
  End
  Behavior        = CreateObjectDie ModuleTag_16
    CreationList  = AirF_OCL_AmericanRangerDebris02
    ExemptStatus  = UNDER_CONSTRUCTION
  End
  Behavior            = FXListDie ModuleTag_17
    DeathFX      = FX_StructureMediumDeath
  End

Behavior = FlammableUpdate ModuleTag_19
    AflameDuration = 5000
    AflameDamageAmount = 5
    AflameDamageDelay = 500
  End

Behavior = TransitionDamageFX ModuleTag_31
    ;-------------DESIGNED FOR MEDIUM SIZED FACTION BUILDING TRANSITIONS-------------------
    DamagedParticleSystem1      = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumSmoke
    ;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ReallyDamagedParticleSystem1 = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumSmoke
    ReallyDamagedParticleSystem2 = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumExplosion
    ReallyDamagedParticleSystem3 = Bone:None RandomBone:No PSys:StructureTransitionMediumShockwave
  End

Geometry            = BOX
  GeometryMajorRadius = 112.0
  GeometryMinorRadius = 74.0
  GeometryHeight      = 25.0
  GeometryIsSmall    = No
  FactoryExitWidth    = 25
  Shadow          = SHADOW_VOLUME
  BuildCompletion = PLACED_BY_PLAYER
End

if already changed the slotcount of the aircraft

if i change the allowinsidekindof to infantry it works so this should work even it doesnt give an error. but.......... i cant land the planes on it:'(
can some1 help :)

Edited by matador, 30 April 2005 - 08:18 AM.

#33 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:25 PM

I bet its because the aircraft have 2 rightclick functions for the building...

its prefering garison over land, and the airlocomotor wont let them crash into the building to garison. thats a guess atleast.

can you still build aircraft on it? try building one and tell that plane to garison
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

i tried it with different tries but it dont work
i think its because its already in a building when it lands.
but i dont know why on the chinook code is that itnotallows aircraft as i cant put in a building. maybe it work with copters but ive deleted it.
now they are stealth on the way you sayd ealrier with copying the stealth code of the sentry done :p

#35 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:23 AM

I've got a bug.. I think its in Contra .03, but i've tinkered so much it could be my own doing... flame china AI overlords... it builds it, but the tank does nothing. even when I run a "All Hunt" script it just sits there. It will build an addon 50% of the time and nothing else.

I had another issue.. but I think I've got it about figured out.

Edited by Pendaelose, 02 May 2005 - 03:50 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 Cluster

Cluster
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

Is the creating off a difficult? How much time should i spend for making a mod?

#37 Guest_Guest_sam_*_*

Guest_Guest_sam_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

Is the creating off a difficult? How much time should i spend for making a mod?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mod like what?for examble a change of the unit cost is a mod and you need less then three minutes :p . to do it.but if you whan to make a god work with whole new unit and generas i think you have to spend days and months but i'm still learning and i cant answer you quite well :dry:

#38 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

Thou shalt spend every spare minute of thine life modifying games, cos for some reasoneth, it takes so bloody longeth.
^It's a commandment, should be added to the Revora TOS :)

Edited by killakanz, 03 May 2005 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#39 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:07 AM

Thou shalt spend every spare minute of thine life modifying games, cos for some reasoneth, it takes so bloody longeth.
^It's a commandment, should be added to the Revora TOS :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL Amen! :)

Worse.. it starts as just a simple cost change... then you want a full unit rebalance... then a new unit... then a new building... then a new general... Now it has taken every spare minute of thine life.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

LOL Amen! :p

Worse.. it starts as just a simple cost change... then you want a full unit rebalance... then a new unit... then a new building... then a new general... Now it has taken every spare minute of thine life.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
yes thats defenetly true. :umad: .i start tweeking the tweaked pandaelose's contra remix for myself and i have made a tweek on the tweek :) .but right know i dont feal so good so im going to put an end to myself because i've got to far and i dont want to modify mods i just love to download them, play them and ofer my suggestions about it :p .i've add and modify some units and weapons in a week and i'm stil learning (don't mention that i'm 15 years old).Creator and Pandelose i want you to see the new balances i've made,i will wor my tweekings for two more days and if you dont like it i will delete my whole folder with this stuff :dry: .i dont know if i get understanding but if i offend Creator or Pandaelose im sorry i just love your work :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users