548 replies to this topic

#461 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:30 PM

sorry for double posting but how do i give the inferno cannon capable of firing napalm and HE shells? separately. like Napalmshell weapon and Bomb weapon. with commandsets and everything

Thats a little more involved... I'd recomend you copy the weaponset and command set from a ranger, or some other unit that uses a weapon toggle. Then edit it to use the weapons you want.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#462 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:nil
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

like what? sorry for noobishness
well, i'm from singapore and now 15 years old. why do u require such information? i will tell you nothing else!

#463 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:19 PM

like what? sorry for noobishness

Nuke cannons, dragon tanks, rangers, SupW's MLRS. Any of these units use multiple weapons with a toggle choice. I recoemend examining these and comparing them to the inferno cannon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#464 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:nil
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:10 AM

thanks
well, i'm from singapore and now 15 years old. why do u require such information? i will tell you nothing else!

#465 Legend_28

Legend_28
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Projects:Making Maps.
  •  Loyal Fan to Contra!

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

How would i go about making Pats smaller?

Edited by Legend_28, 12 February 2008 - 05:41 PM.

- Regards Jamie

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo, (2 CPU's) @ 2.66 Ghz
2048 MB Ram
NVIDIA 8300GS with 512 MB video Ram
19" Wide Screen TFT

- That's why i just own!

#466 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

How would i go about making Pats smaller?

well, theres a "Right" way, and an Easy way.

The easy way is just go to the patriot site in the ini and add scale = x X being a number, 1 is normal size. Its VERY sensitive, to cut infantry scale in half a Scale = 0.85 is plenty. Normaly this line will go near the very end of the item in the Geometry area. Also, in that area you will notice a set of sizes minoradius, majorradius, and hight. You can edit these numbers, they won't change how it looks, but they will change how much space the game thinks the object takes up.

now, the RIGHT way is to edit the model and manualy change the size, then change the geometry to match the new model.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#467 Legend_28

Legend_28
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Projects:Making Maps.
  •  Loyal Fan to Contra!

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

Well untill i get time, ill go for thesy option, thanks alot for your help! :p
- Regards Jamie

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo, (2 CPU's) @ 2.66 Ghz
2048 MB Ram
NVIDIA 8300GS with 512 MB video Ram
19" Wide Screen TFT

- That's why i just own!

#468 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

Right!
So i'm going to start doing some basic modding has a hobby. It'll be C&C3 modding.
You guys are pretty good at RTS modding so any tips, tutorials? I know I'll need 3DS max and Photoshop, of some sort, but I have no mod plans, just simple units and stuff to learn the basics.
:sad:

#469 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

Right!
So i'm going to start doing some basic modding has a hobby. It'll be C&C3 modding.
You guys are pretty good at RTS modding so any tips, tutorials? I know I'll need 3DS max and Photoshop, of some sort, but I have no mod plans, just simple units and stuff to learn the basics.
:crazed:

thats how it always starts... just a few simple units and buildings...

Tanks and planes are the easiset. Buildings are a little more involved, but they arn't too hard either. Mechs are alot of work. Infantry are pointlessly complicated.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#470 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Infantry are pointlessly complicated.

Vehicles in CnC3 have skeletons. They are made with the same method as infantry. Thus, simple moding becomes history.

#471 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

why is it that the supply docks take up so much space in remix? Also when is the remix3 done or any new updates for it i would like to try some more of it.

#472 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

why is it that the supply docks take up so much space in remix? Also when is the remix3 done or any new updates for it i would like to try some more of it.

First, I have to point out this is the wrong topic for questions about the mod. This is also the wrong forum. Remix3 got it's own forum a very long time ago.

But I will answer the questions.

I have no idea why you would say the supply docks are so big, I've never changed the size on them.

It'll be released when it's done. If you want to find updates I recomend looking in the Remix forum.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#473 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

No the docks dont take up the space its like theres something that resticts you from building close to it It kind of sucks because the computers can build near it but also is there a way to stop computers from building on top of eachother?

#474 Guest_Confused Guest_*

Guest_Confused Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

I wanted to try out another mod, with this installed, but there is a serious error. Could someone tell me how to uninstall this mod (005)? :)

#475 suvi

suvi
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

I wanted to try out another mod, with this installed, but there is a serious error. Could someone tell me how to uninstall this mod (005)? :)

I have a problem.Today I installed this mod.Bud when I play for USA superweapon general in game missed some weapon and upgrade for example tomahawk storm,cyclone,money transfer atd
It is a mistake or I installed this mod wrong.
I have zero hour in version 1.0 because cracks on newest version doesnt work.
And is it true that in game are only special general and normal China,USA and GLA aren't ?
And last thing this general has much more money than I set up 20k for every one and they built how was not possible.It is very unbalanced.

#476 tenma91

tenma91
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:31 AM

I have a problem.Today I installed this mod.Bud when I play for USA superweapon general in game missed some weapon and upgrade for example tomahawk storm,cyclone,money transfer atd. It is a mistake or I installed this mod wrong.

All the things you are "missing" are not out yet. Contra 0.05 is the newest one out, all the stuff you listed is in Contra 0.06.
(Do not ask when 0.06 is coming out it will be done when its done.)

I have zero hour in version 1.0 because cracks on newest version doesnt work.

The newest patch (1.04) dose have a working crack...but I am not sure if i can tell you where it is on this forms. (Having a hard time remembering the rules right now.)

And is it true that in game are only special general and normal China,USA and GLA aren't ?

The Generals are:

China Generals------GLA Generals--------USA Generals
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Nuke-----------------Chemical-------------Air Force
Tank-----------------Stealth----------------Laser
Infantr---------------Demolition------------Super Weapon
Flame--------------- Assault ---------------Cybernetic

So to the best of my knowledge that is true.

And last thing this general has much more money than I set up 20k for every one and they built how was not possible.It is very unbalanced.

no comment

- tenma91

Edited by tenma91, 14 July 2008 - 09:34 AM.

#477 Guest_CR4ZYIV4N_Guest_*

Guest_CR4ZYIV4N_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

;)

It usualy says that if you make an invalid command or if you mess up the "End" of a block of code.

What I recomend, select the NukeGeneral.ini

do a find "supernukecannon"

then a find "Health"

The health should be a number like 900 or 1000 (I dunno what a berta has off the top of my head.)

You can change this number to what ever you like

Fir the damage, go back to the top of the "Supernukecannon" section.
do a find for "WeaponSet"

then look at what weapons it has listed there.

open Weapons.ini

Do a find on the name of the weapon you want to edit for the berta

the primary and secondary damage are some of the first things listed.
you can change them to what ever you want. Just keep in mind, if other units use this same weapon they will also be affected.

save your work.

Does it work now?

i want to do sumthing like that bot theres 1 problem....

my ini folder is empty.... i used a download thing called CrosuS, would that have something to do with it? help please

#478 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Download FinalBig tool and unpack INI.big.

#479 Max-o-l1

Max-o-l1
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Projects:Mapping, mainly to increase my skills so i can help contra at one day. And building my own Pc

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

umm, id odn't if this is the right topic for this but.. ;)
i'm trying to make a contra ds game (couse i have a R4 card)
i was trying to have the age of empires for ds game, then edit it, so the units of contra are in the game but i'm a little stuck, cuzz i don't really know how to edit it. the only game i ever editted was fable the lost chapters, but this is way more compicated. :p
any hints maybe? :ninja:

System to come...
Core i7 930
Corsair Dominator 1600-6GK
Corsair HX850
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
ATI HD5870
ASUS Xonar 1.03 HDAV
Logitech X-540
Coolermaster Sentinel Advance
COSMOS S
Samsung P2770HD
Western Digital WD6402AAEX
+Custom watercooling

yay to mapping!

#480 Guest_FrendlyM_*

Guest_FrendlyM_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys...I would like to insert in to original ZH just two things from contra:
1) heroes (Jarmen, Lotus and Burton because, as you know, in contra every general has hero with special abilities and I like that)
2) possibility to send money to team-mate

I already have FinalBig downloaded and I opened contra files with it, but I just can't find these things in it. And even if I found it I doubt I would be able to figure out where I should copy it to.

So please could anyone give me a hand?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users