The classic returns: Dune 2

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

I think you only get a new one if you have none left. If you still have other harvs left then you have to build a new one. It's the same in Dune 2000 and E:BFD AFAIK.

#22 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

Immo is right; you only get a free Harvester when you have none left (irrespective of the number of refineries or the amount of money that you have).

Also, Dune2 allows you to capture buildings with basic infantry. All you need to do is to damage a building into red, and send troops in. Sometimes they set off booby traps, and you damage the building further (often destroying it), and other times you successfully capture it. Whether you capture it or set off booby traps, you always loose the troops you send in. I find that light infantry squads are most useful for this.

Also, there is a Dune2 clone called Dune Legacy that not only allows MP and skirmish, but also enables mutiple unit selection and a few other features. These are features that the original lacked, but would later be implemented in CnC. Dune Legacy is a bit buggy (it has trouble ending missions), but is otherwise fairly stable. It is also open source (AFAIK), so you can contribute to the project if you want to.

#23 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

Thanks you guys :p. I guess I just didn't wait long enough, since I had no harvesters left..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users