• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

PLZ hostile, anyone for that matter, MME NEEDS MORE PEOPLE, the mod is dying, i dont want it to go to waste, it is intended to be the biggest until rohav, but if they come out before us were dunk. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE or else MME will die, nothing has happened in the last month, i've been begging people to help but they havent.

Even if you dont join, plz we need things done, like wargs with bows, hostile, you think you could do that, and beefed up regular wrags. PLZ I'M DESPARATE!!!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Shelob Riding Ringwraith

Shelob Riding Ringwraith

Clan Leader of |MeMw|

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • Projects:Taranto mod for bfme 2

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

Alright, i know you see a hint of desperatity in his eyes, but still, he speaks the truth. Even though Morgoth's team is helping us, nothing has happened yet. Hostile, can you help us out? and others?

#3 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Patience is a virtue.

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:01 PM

i've been very patience up to this point but it is on the verge of failure

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

If it is on the verge of failure now, how comes it was not on the verge of failure however long ago since nothing has been done? Only you can allow failure to happen. Be patient. Why is the mod failing? Lack of modellers, lack of coders? If you lack the skills required, learn them yourself. If you want a job done properly, do it yourself. If the mod fails, you can have no-one but yourself to blaim. Take the time to learn what needs to be done and do it. It may take longer than first thought, but it will get done.

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

#7 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:20 PM

I suggest first start doing something urselfs :p
Posted Image

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

i have been but i'm severly limeted

#9 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

Then take the time to learn something new. I remember when I first met Hostile and he could barely model. Now look at what he has achieved and the models he has made through time. Just take some time out to learn and then continue working on your mod.

#10 MTB

MTB
  • Project Team
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:28 PM

Certainly there are some people that are working with you than can do the parts you can't? I'd love to see this mod, and well every mod, work out. I can see how say, you don't have photoshop, but does someone that's working with you have it? I dunno much about the mod, I got into BFME modding during that month (havn't done anything) Maybe you and all your guys could get together, and organize up, see who does what. Like maybe you make some model, other guy skins it, other guy makes animation (if needed) ect..
edit: GT, about how long have you known hostile?

Edited by MTB, 15 May 2005 - 10:29 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

i have photoshop, and i want to learn how to model but my problem is i dont know how to open a model correctly, when i open it it looks like a pile of objects, i need it to look like a unit, how do i open a model?

#12 MTB

MTB
  • Project Team
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

Well, I'm not modeler, so I can't help you, but if you need help, just ask! That's even on hostiles' little thing :p
Posted Image

#13 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:33 PM

i will i have but he hasnt answered

#14 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:43 PM

Well PS isn't gonna open models. You need Gmax and the the Renx plugin to allow you to model for BFME. If you want to import existing models than install Coolfiles w3d importer for Renx.

The reason why your model looks like a pile of debris is because you need to extract the whole w3d file. So when you import the model it will have the skeleton to import also. Than it will stand upright.

#15 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

i have renx so tell me the steps plz. opeing, say vapulas haldir, theres 2 w3d file, import both at once?

#16 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

Actually if you are opeon a model using Coolfiles importer it will automaticly find the skeleton cause it's listed in the original file itself. You should just click the import button. (did you read the readme file that came with it?)

You may need to make the import button visible by customizing your toolbar. :)

Most people use the SKN add on to let you know it's the base model to open. See existing models...

#17 eRe4s3r

eRe4s3r
  • Project Team
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

meh ^^

Download this

Sergils Model and Coolfiles Anim importer Merged with help and bug fixes

load the script,
scroll down
select "How to -> Import Model + Skeleton, and follow the instructions
if u dont want to read them i can tell you though ^^

press "Load Skeleton"
select the skl file for the model you want to import
then import model (soldiers have a _skn.file )

--

If you want to import buildings its a bit different though, the "pile of objects" were actually animated a long time ago, well , until you import them, so dump em, and do some Modelling, just keep the names and "spheres"

Animations saved in Buildings will be used for the Build-Up Phase based on the names the object have, so you have to keep to the names (or fiddle with the ini) You dont need build up animations though

Try to build your new modell "based on" the model you try to replace, it will save oyu hassle like scaling .)

Oh yeah, another way is importing the _w models, they dont have build up animations and are mostly one object so its easier...

Listen to Admiral Gt, if u dont do it urself, it never gets done

Edited by eRe4s3r, 15 May 2005 - 10:54 PM.

#18 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:56 PM

is that the same one as you have on the tools page?

#19 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:57 PM

Hey eRe4s3r what does that importer do that Coolfiles doesn't? Is it better? Coolfiles even imports animations...

(EDIT) No it's not actually so I was curiuous. :)

#20 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

ok you lost me itheres a how to import button?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users