#21 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:45 AM

I said they were real.

I did say, however, I don't know if its a flashy box for display at E3, or if its going to appear as that upon its retail release.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By real, I meant, thats how its going to look on release.
Dan

#22 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

Looks so much better than X36024/7/365 or whatever they're calling it now. I'm not a console person.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#23 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

How can anyone say the N64 was the best console ever?

It used CARTRIDGES, in a world where the CD-ROM had already been crowned king. Yes it had GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and [GENERIC ZELDA GAME]...but the only people now who make games for Nintendo is...um...well, Nintendo.

The Revolution will not bring back the glory days. Ninty should stick to the handheld market. Aside from the DS, it holds all the cards there. The DS just sucks, though, so...

Nintendo need to release games that are NEW, not just rehashes. I mean, Mario 35TOUCHEDZ0R! won't do anything revolutionary that its predecessors didn't. Nor will Zelda: Desk-Lamp of Mystery...

It needs new ideas. Like Advance Wars (which prolly shoulda stuck to GBA...though I hope they do release some sequels ON the GBA).

Sony hold the market totally, though I am much more skeptical than AG as regards price. The PS2, despite production line technology, was £300 when first released. They also intentionally underproduced to keep the price up.

And if the PS3 has only TWO controller ports, well...*shakes head* they're puddled.

#24 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

The PS3 uses bluetooth technology for it's controllers; they're wireless. Chances are it'll be for 4 players upwards.

#25 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:58 PM

How can anyone say the N64 was the best console ever?

It used CARTRIDGES, in a world where the CD-ROM had already been crowned king. Yes it had GoldenEye, Perfect Dark and [GENERIC ZELDA GAME]...but the only people now who make games for Nintendo is...um...well, Nintendo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes, god forbid they stick to Cartridges, I mean...its not like Carts are SUPERIOR IN ALMOST EVERY FUCKING WAY TO CDS, Specially when it comes to load times.

OH yes, carts just suck.

Sony hold the market totally, though I am much more skeptical than AG as regards price. The PS2, despite production line technology, was £300 when first released. They also intentionally underproduced to keep the price up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And it was worth every penny, For a console thats over 5 years old AND STILL THE BEST AND MOST USED CONSOLE ON THE MARKET.

And if the PS3 has only TWO controller ports, well...*shakes head* they're puddled.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats funny, SINCE THE FUCKING PS3 HAS NO FUCKING CONTROLLER PORTS YOU IGNORANT FUCKING TWAT.

ps3 uses WIRELESS FUCKING CONTROLLERS, and can control UP TO 7 FUCKING CONTROLLERS AT ONE TIME.

a 5 second google search would have kept you from looking like the total fucktard you are, asshole

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:55 PM

a 5 second google search would have kept you from looking like the total fucktard you are, asshole

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately a 5 second google search couldn't have done the same for you.

#27 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you are infering one of my points is wrong?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

The PS3 can have up to 7 wireless controllers.

More specs: http://hardware.game...n-3-15015-S-4-4
Posted Image

#29 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you are infering one of my points is wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno, maybe the one where you had to be so insulting. We don't like attacks on other members here. Please try to be nice to each other.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#30 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

Quite right MM. I think Komataguri's mouth's got a little too fucking big. I'd love to wedge my foot right in it for all our pleasure.

Oh yes, god forbid they stick to Cartridges, I mean...its not like Carts are SUPERIOR IN ALMOST EVERY FUCKING WAY TO CDS, Specially when it comes to load times.

OH yes, carts just suck.

But nowhere near as cheap, have as good storage space, are as easy to produce...:huh: back in the Megadrive or Gameboy days, carts were good. But times have moved on. It's like AudioCassette when CD is there.

And it was worth every penny, For a console thats over 5 years old AND STILL THE BEST AND MOST USED CONSOLE ON THE MARKET.

But £300? o_0 Add another 200 or so and i could get a fucking laptop.

Thats funny, SINCE THE FUCKING PS3 HAS NO FUCKING CONTROLLER PORTS YOU IGNORANT FUCKING TWAT.

ps3 uses WIRELESS FUCKING CONTROLLERS, and can control UP TO 7 FUCKING CONTROLLERS AT ONE TIME.

oh, so now I'm supposed to know EVERYTHING, and googlesearch FOR everything. Like I care anyway. Not like I'm gonna buy one of these things. I'm not going to buy any more consoles.

#31 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:07 PM

oh, so now I'm supposed to know EVERYTHING, and googlesearch FOR everything. Like I care anyway. Not like I'm gonna buy one of these things. I'm not going to buy any more consoles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your gonna be stupid enough to bitch about something, You should atleast see TO SEE IF WHAT YOUR BITCHING ABOUT IS EVEN EXISTANT.

Fuckin twips, I swear to god I wish I could kill them all

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

*Starts to wonder why it was he'd asked for the Battle Room to be removed* :huh:

Seems we've got a new use for it, ladies. For Koma to get all his inanity off his chest.

#33 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

Children children children...
Shut up.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#34 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

This is why i don't like sony and their PlayStation, they breed snobish, arrogant pillocks that drag down the whole gaming industy just because they think they are best.

(There are some execptions to this comment)
Posted Image

#35 Aircraftkiller

Aircraftkiller
  • Banned
  • 124 posts
  •  Banned

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

I find it amusing that this nobody called Komataguri has more of an ego than he accuses me of having. Contradictory attitudes at their finest. :-)

The PS2 may have been overpriced and such, but fortunately I got mine free so I'm not complaining. It can still play DVDs and play my old Playstation games, plus it's the only system that Namco makes the Ace Combat series for (actually I don't think Namco makes any games for anything but Sony systems and arcades), so I doubt I'll be using any other console system.

The wireless controllers on the PS3 sound like an excellent idea. Although I wonder if the PS3 will have a recharge station or something similar for the controllers, as the idea of spending lots of money on batteries for a wireless controller is not very appealing to me.

Xeno, the only thing that breeds detestable people is that they're left to their own devices. People like Komataguri are the way they are because they don't know any better.

Edited by Aircraftkiller, 23 May 2005 - 10:18 AM.

#36 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:00 PM

I find it amusing that this nobody called Komataguri has more of an ego than he accuses me of having. Contradictory attitudes at their finest. :-)

Wow. Something we agree on :huh:

The PS2 may have been overpriced and such, but fortunately I got mine free so I'm not complaining. It can still play DVDs and play my old Playstation games, plus it's the only system that Namco makes the Ace Combat series for (actually I don't think Namco makes any games for anything but Sony systems and arcades), so I doubt I'll be using any other console system.

Lol, it's alright for some :) And no, Namco don't make games for anything else anymore. They used to make for Sega back in the day (Pac-Man series, mainly). Is AC05 any good? I am unsure whether to get it in case it's just an AC04 clone (although I love AC04, it's pointless to have 2 games the same).

The wireless controllers on the PS3 sound like an excellent idea. Although I wonder if the PS3 will have a recharge station or something similar for the controllers, as the idea of spending lots of money on batteries for a wireless controller is not very appealing to me.

*Nods*
Yeah, I see your point there...I'm not sure I like the idea of wireless controllers. I dunno why, but it just seems a bit odd to me.
*Has image of getting up to THE FINAL BOSS, without having saved for an hour or so, and then dying because YOUR POWER CELL RAN OUT*...
And for the record, I didn't know it had wireless until Koma mentioned. Just thought I'd get that in before Koma decides to accuse me of intentionally lying again.

#37 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

The controllers plug into any USB slot [ Either one of the 6 on the PS3, or one on your PC/MAC/Laptop ] to recharge its internal battery.

On full charge the controllers should play for almost 24 hours straight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:13 PM

Ok. That is pretty cool actually. Though I have been known to play games for more than 24 hours straight lmao :huh:

I still feel safer with them plugged into the machine, tho. I'm the sorta person who would go up to the TV to change the channel/volume if the TV actually allowed me to.

#39 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

If it uses a USB connection to recharge, chances are you can just leave it connected.

#40 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

anyone who plays for more then 24 hours without a break has more serious issues then a controllers battery dying

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users