112 replies to this topic

#41 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts
  • Projects:Tiberian Dusk: Evolution, RA2: Retaliation, YR: Shock Treatment

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:24 AM

Oh, you'd have breaks, but you would most likely spend a solid portion of that 24-hour period on the console. I have done that a few times. Of course, that was when I had no gf, no friends and no life, but meh.
Dethro - Time for the Electric Chair! (And I am as hollow as ever)
Posted Image

#42 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:35 AM

anyone who plays for more then 24 hours without a break has more serious issues then a controllers battery dying

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about spending 1 hour a day for 24 days? You probably wouldn't really notice the battery going dead, so when it did you'd be surprised.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#43 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:13 AM

no flaming but yes people should research.

AC05 brillant game, after you get the black planes and the battle at sea, awe inspiring plus you have great comrades and one is pretty cute too ;) Its also got some pretty damn good FMV and storyline, its an great, rags to riches hero story.

Its also considerably tougher then AC04 and for all you retro fans, there is a arcade mode with the mobius 1 F22 Raptor.

The PS2 sold for a high price since it was 5 YEARS ago, sony had effective marketing and relatively little competition.

Marketing and loyal fan base is also why it sold.

The XBOX an company associated with pc games, having little experience in the marketing and shitty adverts for life is fast, etc and charging £300 for there box.

Then a few months after release they cut the price drastically, also the console has that dodgy wire, only reason why ps2 goes funny is if people try to run pirated games or mess with the laser.

My PS2 is 5 years old and still runs perfectly.

Now in the next generation PS3 has the better graphics and processors (even though the XBOX needs to be "water-cooled" :)) and at E3 had games which were running at 100% of the console power instead of microsofts excuse that the xbox was only 30% powered. Yet again proves that Mircrosoft is SHIT at marketing.
Posted Image

#44 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

anyone who plays for more then 24 hours without a break has more serious issues then a controllers battery dying

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. I was playing Final Fantasy 8. That was a serious issue. My save on that was 104 hours (no I didn't do all that in one go...I did go for 29hours tho), and then it got CORRUPTED!

Anyway, enough of that.

*Will get AC05 preowned*

Yes. Their marketing strategy was to deliberately underproduce, and therefore make the console harder to get hold of. ^Price hikE^
I dunno if I'm just a skinflint, but I personally would not be prepared to pay more than £150 for any console. If they shipped at that price, they would get a lot more sales...and everyone would have 2 or 3 consoles probably.
And don't forget, once you've spent every penny on your new gizmo, you have to pay for the games too. I have a PS1 with over 200 games (mostly copied :) ), a PS2 with 15 (all orig, mostly PREOWNED), and an Xbox with just one (I got it at Xmas, but not bought any new games as I've seen nothing that grabs me).

Again, I begrudge paying £40...especially when the Americans get them for the equivalent of £25. And don't say it's importing costs bullshit, because Americans and Japanese don't even use the same TV SYSTEM (they use NTSC, we use PAL, so they are NOT bringing them over on boats. They only need to bring ONE set of the code, convert to PAL...). They are ripping us off.
If they lowered the price of games (instead of raising as they plan to), there'd be less of a piracy window, more sales, and more people gaming and buying games.

And before you ask, yes, I did think the same even back when I played Megadrive. Even then they were priced at like £30 brand new lmao.

#45 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

lol well i've at uni and have student loans ;)

In the old days its was £60+

most games cost £30 now and if you pre-order its warm and happy.

Also Amazon/Online anyone :)

Also Sony stragety is business sense, its creates excess demand thus inflating prices. They also have this sheek, modern living, cool kinda image.

also dont' expect charity from gaming, microsoft just want people's dough thats why they releasing it as early as possible.

PS3 however has the WOW factor like an IPOD or PSP

Also glad you getting AC05.

You can look forward to getting an plane with an giant laser :cool:

Edited by Allied General, 24 May 2005 - 09:55 AM.

Posted Image

#46 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. I was playing Final Fantasy 8. That was a serious issue. My save on that was 104 hours (no I didn't do all that in one go...I did go for 29hours tho), and then it got CORRUPTED!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My FF8 has over 130 hours into it.

But thats over the course of a year, a few hours at a time.

The most I've ever sat down and played a game is like..MAYBE 10 hours straight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

want to know what the ps3 really is ? then check this link

rofl :ohmy:
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#48 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

lol well i've at uni and have student loans  :p

...which you'll have to pay back one day! :)

want to know what the ps3 really is ? then check this link

rofl  :ohmy:

Lol that is pretty funny. :ninja:

#49 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

PS3 ight be stronger in power, but Im just not interested in PlayStation games, I hate most of them actually. You could attack MS on gamelineups that are there for PC as well, but those are actually the games Id play. OIf I had to choose my last chopice would probably be PS3, even though its the strongest console, but like the Cube and Xbox showed power isnt anything, Sony still won, mainly due to fanboyism.

As for design the 360 ownz the PS3 anytime IMO, and the 360 will have a much better lineup than the xbox, as rare will now actually deliver some games, plus the support of some big japanese developers.

As for marketing, the 360 was more widely spread than the PS3, the PS3 is only known among gamers, while the 360 had its presentation (not to discuss wether it was good or not) on MTv, gaining a wider audience (could be good or bad, time will tell)

Oh and wireless controllers is nothing special, all Next-gens will have it, and Nintendo's wavebird controller was the first one so dont credit Sony for that.

Speaking of controllers the new controller is dead ugly, they should sell it as a boomerang, not a PS3 controller.. what happened to the perfect PS2 controller.

I wont speak for Revolution yet, as to little detail is known, but what i do say is that I prefer X360 over PS3, even though i know PS3 will win (they allready have the blind PS2 fanboys, and as for specs they'll get the rest) but im not convinced yet, mainly due to the games and the fact I just hate PlayStation.

#50 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

every console, game has fanboys, trying to sound "higher" just puts you at a even LOWER level.

I like the PS3, wow shoot me :rolleyes:

Also Perfect Dark on the XBOX was awful and there E3 lineup was limp, when the best looking game on the box was an EA game and having XBOX titles and PS2 titles which looked and played more excitingly puts it to shame.

I compared that "playable" line up (replace playable with AWFUL frame rate) with the surperb looking formula f1, motor storm and killzone which actually LOOK LIKE NEXT GEN games.

XBOX 360 strength is the software support but seriously, i only expect games which have FPS/Racing or flag waving to appear on it and not ground breaking original games like Rez or ICO.

Mircosoft however does have a strong online support but this isn't gonna suddenly explode in Europe. Finally the games are DVD as oppossed to Blue Ray which is 50x more storage capcity, = bigger, larger games.

However i did enjoy Halo 1 & 2 a lot and also enjoyed that ninja game, mech games which are avaliable on it.

As such I am open minded, i dont' just see the cover of the book and think OWNAGE or CRAPPY!! ;)

Your blind hatred of Playstation has already turned you into a fanboy.

Also as for revolution best of luck, i had a snes and n64 and i hope nintendo can gain back some past glory fire.

I think you can't tolerate the fact that Mircosoft has vastly more experience in games and hardware development and yet they still fail to attract the masses.

Edited by Allied General, 25 May 2005 - 03:56 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

Wavebird was not the first wireless controller.

Fuck.

I had a Wireless controller on my NES for christ sake.

Also.

PS3 has the strongest line of up games in the history of gaming.

13,000 TITLES ALL ABLE TO BE PLAYED THE SECOND ITS RELEASED!

whooo!

Gotta love backwards compatability, an idea that Nintendo and Macroshaft ripped off of Playstation.

Edited by Komataguri, 25 May 2005 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

THE PS3 CONTROLLER DESIGN IS NOT FINAL.

Can you get that into your head people?? Stop moaning about it when it's likely it'll change.

#53 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

Also Perfect Dark on the XBOX was awful and there E3 lineup was limp, when the best looking game on the box was an EA game and having XBOX titles and PS2 titles which looked and played more excitingly puts it to shame.

What's the big deal about having an EA game that looks good? EA is a good company. Your apparent blind hatred for EA just means you don't want to see that.

I compared that "playable" line up (replace playable with AWFUL frame rate) with the surperb looking formula f1, motor storm and killzone which actually LOOK LIKE NEXT GEN games.

So, watching videos that are supposedly real time demos of the next generation games is better than seeing them actually running on the hardware? Xbox 360 is still several months from launch, so there are probably still issues with it.

Mircosoft however does have a strong online support but this isn't gonna suddenly explode in Europe. Finally the games are DVD as oppossed to Blue Ray which is 50x more storage capcity, = bigger, larger games.

Blu-Ray is currently limited to 50 gig, which is only 5 times the capacity of a dual layer DVD. And how exactly do you expect them to fill that much space? DVD is plenty big for most games now. With the power of the hardware, procedural texturing, and other things can be done that require very little storage space, but a lot of computing power.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#54 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

Actually, recent experiments show that Blu-Ray has a capacity nearing to 100gigs a disk

Edited by Komataguri, 25 May 2005 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:50 PM

It's still not 50 times the space. And for further confirmation of what I was suggesting about procedural generation of geometry and such for the game, check this out: http://arstechnica.c...u/xbox360-1.ars
Posted Image

#56 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

It's still not 50 times the space.  And for further confirmation of what I was suggesting about procedural generation of geometry and such for the game, check this out: http://arstechnica.c...u/xbox360-1.ars

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

more xbox fanboyism.

Just accept it, its an inferior machine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

So, since you are a Playstation fanboy anything that makes the Xbox look decent is fanboyism? That same site did a full review of the Cell processor in the PS3.
Posted Image

#58 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

Koma calm down a bit mate, you're taking this whole console thing too seriously. The PS3 does look to be the best of the 2 shown so far but that may change with the unveiling of the Nintendo console. I really doubt it, but you never know. :rolleyes:

#59 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

Koma calm down a bit mate, you're taking this whole console thing too seriously.  The PS3 does look to be the best of the 2 shown so far but that may change with the unveiling of the Nintendo console.  I really doubt it, but you never know. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You will do good to realize I am calm. YOU IGNROANT COCKSUCKING TWIP!!

j/k :p :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

You just displayed your ignorance by spelling Ignorant wrong.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Shit, I spelt it wrong aswell lol.

Edited by FK47, 25 May 2005 - 10:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users