6 replies to this topic

#1 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:20 AM

Hey guys, seeing as you probably know the game best, I thought I'd ask you whether its worth buying or not, and your thoughts about it?

Thanks
Dan

#2 RedNalDron

RedNalDron

The freindly newbie helper

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Drums in the Deep, A Moria Faction mod for BFME. My status: Beta tester/web designer

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

Hey guys, seeing as you probably know the game best, I thought I'd ask you whether its worth buying or not, and your thoughts about it?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea i think its worth buying but if you have read the info about it (prerelease info) you will get disipointed......

(and i seriusly HATE the single player campain.. there are only 1 good mission, moria)

ohh one more thing... its not worth buying it if you cant play it whit high or very high settings...

personaly i would save for STARWARS: empire at war (not realesed yet)

but if you have some extra money sure buy this game, it is fun but it misses much....
Posted Image

"Shadow and flame."

"Drums in the Deep" Beta tester

#3 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:43 PM

I've enojyed playing and modding it alot. The game is flexible enuff after you learn some basics. I'm not sure if you're more into playing or modding as I've not followed your past.

Though I do know who you are. The horde code is very useful for many TCs as well as just the LOTR setting.

#4 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:26 AM

Umm, I've kinda dabbled in modding before, but playing has to be the key. Thanks for your opinions
Dan

#5 nickthemenace

nickthemenace

Im a legend, lets face, I actually am.

• Project Team
  • 426 posts
  • Projects:HeroMod, Other Stuff :)
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:T3A Moderator

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

if your going with playing, id probably say you shouldnt get it.. its a good game, but others are just more fun to play.. rome total war is good for huge battles, age of mythology is just fun, and other ones are better if you plan to use strategy a lot.. just my opinion though :)

EDIT: i have come to my senses. BFME Rocks!

Edited by nickthemenace, 30 May 2005 - 08:53 PM.

nickthemenace
http://nickthemenace.gamemod.net/
The Guy Who Made It Possible To Have New Factions (And Stuff)(Before anyone else :p)
Posted Image

#6 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

if you like LOTR you should definitely try this game. also, it still looks very good on the lowest detail level (just make sure the props are on)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#7 Superficial Bob

Superficial Bob
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Projects:Campaign Heroes

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:19 PM

I'm not fond of RTS games but this appeals to me cause of the heroes have a more important role. And I happen to like both the campaigns. If you enjoy the whole gaining rank and such rpg elements you should enjoy this, I say it's definitely worth buying.

Edited by Superficial Bob, 30 May 2005 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users