• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:17 AM

I've probably been told before (but I'm amnesic ) but how exactly are ressources gathered in DDay ? it looks like the oil derricks are going to stay and that the repair vehicles seem to double as ressource gatherers .
but looking at some of those vehicles , doesn't it put some countries at a disadvantage ? france's chenilette lorraine for example has paper thin armor (less than a scout car !!!) and a top speed of 21 kph , that thing will just be a snack for anything with a gun !! :p

EDIT: quick comparison

USA M32 ARV : 85mm armor , top speed 38 kph
UK A27 ARV : 76 mm armor , top speed 64 kph
France chenilette-lorraine : 6 mm armor , top speed 21 kph
USSR TT34 : 90 mm armor , top speed 55 kph
Germany Bergepanther : 80 mm armor , top speed 46 kph
Italy autoficina campale 38 truck : no armor , top speed 86 kph
Japan Ri-Ki : 8 mm armor , top speed 32 kph

A soviet TT34 has more than 10 times the armor and almost twice the speed of a japanese Ri-Ki , a british A27 ARV has 12 times the armor of a chenilette and is three times as fast :D

I know it's a balance between originality and game play , but shouldn't france and japan get a truck like italy perhaps ? no armor , but at least speed to escape , instead of slow and barely protected coffins on treads ? :p

Edited by wilmet, 06 June 2005 - 10:17 AM.

apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:42 PM

Life isn`t fair wilmet .

#3 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

perhaps so :grin:

but seeing how the french , italian and japanese also have the weakest weapons compared to the other 4 I thought it might be a good idea to at least give them an edge in the ressource department.

Edited by wilmet, 06 June 2005 - 07:02 PM.

apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

#4 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:20 PM

No decission has been made about the final "money" system (to my best of knowledge).

We may let the repair vehicles double as miners or just get rid of the ore all together and use Oilderricks.

But since nothing is known....

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#5 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:08 AM

ore might look a bit strange in WW2, but I have no problems with it , but it would be nice if the ressource gatherers had to go to warehouses or stockpiles instead though :grin:

Edited by wilmet, 07 June 2005 - 08:36 AM.

#6 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:46 AM

The Ore will not look ike Ore. Your suggestion is pretty much what has been planned :grin:.

Aside from that, Andre is pretty much right. DDay will be slightly tweaked to make it fun and balanced, but we're sticking with reasonably "accurate" stats for the units for now, as playtesting will show what really needs fixing and what actually works well as-is.

#7 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:26 PM

sounds good :) just thought it might be worth mentioning though.

#8 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:27 PM

We're always open to suggestions/questions.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#9 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

A fun workaround over the ore problem would be to make the ore invisible, change the ore mine to a warehouse building or maybe supply storage or whatever, and make the ore not expand more then 1 tile. It would give an illusion that the trucks are loading from the warehouse, they would even have to stand firm for a sec or so, so that would make people think that they are being loaded etc.

Is this possible?

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#10 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

Sounds possible to me, but a 1x1 warehouse? Hmm.

#11 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:35 PM

Well is it possible to make it bigger or does the ra2 engine say a 'no no' to that?

If not then you could always just change the warehouse to a supply pile or something..

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#12 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

so the warehouse would spawn invisible / relooked ore around it basicly ?
it would need to spawn it close enough to it and in a limited radius so it doesn't look weird (so I guess this is this 1X1 thing you're talking about) and if so it would need to spawn ore faster to replace that which is picked up.

sounds like fun :sad:

Edited by wilmet, 08 June 2005 - 02:44 PM.

#13 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

complicated :S but sounds rational
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#14 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:31 PM

complicated :S but sounds rational

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so how much would each "payload" give the player?
Posted Image

#15 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

Dunno like 1 ore tile? If its possible you could boost the amount of cash held by ore or something so that it would fill a truck with 1 tile etc

#16 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:45 PM

have it refill very fast perhaps ? :cool: it doesn't need to be on just one tile , maybe there could be several places for it to collect ore from...

Edited by wilmet, 09 June 2005 - 01:47 PM.

#17 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:50 PM

Make it surround the building with ore but only 1 tile long, and i meant that the truck wont move to another tile to collect ore, that would look unnatural so too make the truck being filled by only loading up one tile.

(Chaotic lol)

#18 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

Blodo means like this:

X = Ore

X = Ore Mine

XXX
XXX
XXX

#19 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

indeed :huh:
if it works it would look pretty cool.

#20 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:23 PM

It would definitely be better than Oil only

(|337 gfx Gilbear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users