127 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

The old Remix thread has grown to large to be usefull. I figured a new release is a good time to split it up into seperate threads.

Creator, do you think I could get this thread and the release thread moved into a seperate block on the forum so they don't push down the list? maybe the Important thread list, or maybe their own. The last thread got enough trafic that I think the reason kinda speaks for itself...

If you have any bugs or just complaints about Remix 2, just post them here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

cyber general
you swiched the icons in the right corner from the missile defender & ranger

name of the new tomahawk stands wrong in the command set

and let those clusters explode not at the same time :p

make the A10 weaker vs. building because its an SUPPORT plane and not a planne for anti building

airforce gen

make the b1b stronger
and the superweapon little stronger vs. buildings

:sad:

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

cyber general
you swiched the icons in the right corner from the missile defender & ranger

name of the new tomahawk stands wrong in the command set

and let those clusters explode not at the same time  :p

make the A10 weaker vs. building because its an SUPPORT plane and not a planne for anti building

airforce gen

make the b1b stronger
and the superweapon little stronger vs. buildings

:sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have to check out those bugs for cybr's build menu... hadn't noticed them

I dunno about making the A-10 weaker... have you seen what an A-10 can do to a building in real life?? its scary... poor bastards start wishing they had just been bombed. It provides close support to troops, but is also quite capable of main attack. Honest to God I think the A10 is one of the scariest things in the sky... unlike most bombers that go away after dopping a few bombs the A10 stays around and makes passes until everything is dead. Thats how they do it for real and I tried to make them do it in game. Also the A10 call in power is designed just for building smashing.

b1b stronger... it wasn't meant to be a replacement for the B2, just a cheaper weaker alternative for fighting large groups of troops and vehicles. I think I need to raise the cost of the b2 back up a little and drop the cost of the b1 a little to make the relationship a little more defined.

and let those clusters explode not at the same time ;) I agree, I don't know how yet, but I'm sure I can figure it out in time... still, for now I'm pretty happy with the effect.

Stratiegic bombing isn't meant to be a base leveler in one go... its fires often and covers a huge area... the damage is actualy fairly high, but its very random because of how the cluster bomblets fall. Still, it CAN blow up most buildings in one pass... on rare occasion the cluster bombs land in just the right places and take out super weapons in one pass (I've seen it happen), or blow up every single powerplant in the base. That uncertanty factor is why it reloads as fast as it does.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

i thought the a10 was for anti tank and those things :p

and when flame general when you select those base defences and the new gattling tank (you know what i mean :sad: )
they have object: and then text

and on infantry general
weaken the uber antitank squads no tank comes through it

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:53 PM

i thought the a10 was for anti tank and those things :p

and when flame general when you select those base defences and the new gattling tank (you know what i mean :sad: )
they have object: and then text

and on infantry general
weaken the uber antitank squads no tank comes through it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what is it doing to flame gen's tank text? it looks just fine on my system
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

ill post a screen

#7 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:28 AM

Squads don't attack like they should. I had 6 terrorist squads and they couldn't take out a few emperors, they kept getting run over. And I was telling them to attack.
Leader of Star Wars: Legacy of War - a mod for Empire at War
Posted Image

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:46 AM

Squads don't attack like they should. I had 6 terrorist squads and they couldn't take out a few emperors, they kept getting run over. And I was telling them to attack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, try using Guard orders. i'll look into why they don't attack.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:01 PM

ok, could you also can you make the AI's mor balanced in terms of their attacks. I was playing 2 on 2 with Laser AI as my ally against Tank and Air force AIs and laser wiped them out so severly. I was under attach and couldn't do anything but laser wiped both of them out. Please look into this.
Posted Image

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

ok, could you also can you make the AI's mor balanced in terms of their attacks. I was playing 2 on 2 with Laser AI as my ally against Tank and Air force AIs and laser wiped them out so severly. I was under attach and couldn't do anything but laser wiped both of them out. Please look into this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the issue there is laser is very strong against tanks and air. Nuke kills laser with little trouble. I've not checked but I think infantry would do well against him also
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:04 PM

Thanks.

#12 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:50 PM

When I spawn rebels, they want to run back to base and don't listen to commands.
Posted Image

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:13 AM

When I spawn rebels, they want to run back to base and don't listen to commands.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when playing as who????
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:44 AM

Demo Gen I think it was.
Posted Image

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:00 AM

Demo Gen I think it was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you said spawn rebels, as in build them? I don't htink Demo can use rebel ambush, he gets terror cell instead of it.

also, was this a squad or a single troop??

Edited by Pendaelose, 14 June 2005 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:48 AM

you sure...must have been Assault Forces then. Sorry bout that.
Posted Image

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:51 AM

you sure...must have been Assault Forces then. Sorry bout that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Squad, single troop, or Ambush?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

Ambush. The didn't even attack.

#19 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

^was me.

I also noticed that the AI doesn't use its Gen power too often.
Posted Image

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

^was me.

I also noticed that the AI doesn't use its Gen power too often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can look into the rebel ambush bug, but I've used it recently with no problem. does it do this every time you use it? or just ocasionaly?

there have been no changes to AI Gen powers use...
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users