#61 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:27 AM

Look if youre too thick to understand it Shinigami just say so instead of trying to look tough. Regardless of where you live freedom of speech is and will be nonexistant. Governments will always control the media in a way. What if CNN suddenly turned nazi, you think no one would do anything about it? You'd have a manifest of 'freedom of speech' right there.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#62 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:34 AM

Look if youre too thick to understand it Shinigami just say so instead of trying to look tough. Regardless of where you live freedom of speech is and will be nonexistant. Governments will always control the media in a way. What if CNN suddenly turned nazi, you think no one would do anything about it? You'd have a manifest of 'freedom of speech' right there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

some control is nessecary like i said otherwise there is anarchy, too much control and have nazism and dictatorships
Posted Image

#63 Shinigami

Shinigami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I'm the one trying to be tough? Right, then. What I'm not too thick to understand, asshole, is that we will never have complete freedom of speech. However, we need to keep a certain level of it - a man shouldn't be allowed to scream racial epithets in public, for example, but he should have every right to calmly voice that he does not like other races. Of course the government controls the media, they control half of what we fucking hear from the media already. Christ, half of America is owned by three or four fucking people. Doesn't mean we need to sit here while they take away our Constitutional rights.

#64 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

And by writing that post you just agreed with me on the matter that complete freedom of speech is non-existant. Good show :p

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#65 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:36 AM

Really, if the man were causing a public disturbance, then he would be arrested.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users