Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:27 AM

Post them here.

#2 Qb1

Qb1
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Projects:BETA testing OnlyWar!! YAY!!:D

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:44 AM

how about, making skimmers atcualy like skimmers with the hole only gets glanced if its moving fast thing by puttin countermeasures on them, and make the countermeasures invisible or summut
if u did this u'd probly have to make the countermeasures fall slower becaus ethey were origionaly made for flyers
'''')''''''''(\_
'''(('''''_/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( ( ;._ \\

This is Wolfie. Cut and paste Wolfie into your signature and help control the Bunny population!

#3 Qb1

Qb1
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:47 AM

soz for doublepost my intrnet messed up

ed* wot u guys recon??

Edited by Qb1, 21 June 2005 - 08:11 AM.

'''')''''''''(\_
'''(('''''_/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( ( ;._ \\

This is Wolfie. Cut and paste Wolfie into your signature and help control the Bunny population!

#4 Qb1

Qb1
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 09:59 AM

soz for triple post lol wot do u guys recon???
'''')''''''''(\_
'''(('''''_/{ "-;
)).-' {{ ;'`
( ( ;._ \\

#5 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

not a bad idea actually

I'll have a try with it.. .see how well it works :p
Posted Image

#6 JavaTau

JavaTau
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:52 PM

Have I got Ideas! Some of them (or most of them) would involve additional models being made.

Tau

Pathfinders: Able to call seeker missiles from off-map.
Firewarriors: Able to switch weapon to carbine. (Faster RoF, less range)
Crisis: When first built, comes with no weapons or upgrades. Select weapons and upgrades to fill three hardpoints. Weapons include Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Flamer. Upgrades include Multi-Tracker (increased RoF) Shield Generator (endows Energy Shield) Target Lock (increases crisis speed) Drone Controller (endows 2 Gun Drones that work like American Battle Drones)
Hammerhead: Two types: Support Hammeread and Strike Hammerhead. The Support Hammerhead starts with a Twin-Linked Burst Cannon Turret that can be upgraded to either a Dual-Missile Pod turret or an Ion Cannon Turret; and has two burst cannons as secondary weapons. The Strike Hammerhead Starts with the Twin-linked Plasma Cannon turret, and can upgrade to either the Railgun turret or the Twin-Linked Fusion Cannon Turret; and has the Seeker Missile System as it's secondary weapon.
Hammerhead/Devilfish: Add a 'jump' ability to sorta leap over obsticles or other vehicles.

Cadians

Infantry: Special weapons start as Flamers, but can be upgaded to Grenade Launchers or Plasma Guns. Heavy weapons start as Heavy Bolters, but can be upgraded to Autocannon, Missile Launchers, or Lascannon.
New Troop: Guardsman armed with one use Demolition Pack. Fires Lasgun afterwards.
Leman Russ: Starts without Sponsoons; upgrade to either Heavy Bolter or Heavy Flamer sponsoons. Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter able to upgade to Lascannon.
Chimera/Basalisk: Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter able upgrade to Heavy Flamer.
Chimera: Turret able to upgade to Heavy Flamer, Twin linked Heavy Bolter, or Autocannon (this is a forgeworld thing)
New Tank: Leman Russ Demolisher: Slightly tougher Leman Russ with Demolisher Cannon turret, and choice of either Plasma Cannon or Multi-Melta sponsoons.
New Tank: Leman Russ Exterminator: Starts with Twin-linked Autocannon turret and hull-mounted Heavy Bolter; with option to purchase Heavy Bolter sponsoons.

--JavaTau--

#7 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:36 AM

well no offense but at this stage we ain't gonna be adding any more vehicles

at least not 'till the next release...

some of your ideas are incorporated in one way or another, and some are simply not do-able, or innapropriate... lemme explain:

Tau

Pathfinders: Able to call seeker missiles from off-map. [this is a generals power, not initiated by pathfinders, but dropped by tigersharks.. .and they aint seekers either, but big fat-ass doomsday missiles...]

Firewarriors: Able to switch weapon to carbine. (Faster RoF, less range) [they can change to rapid-fire mode which doubles the rate, halves the range.]

Crisis: When first built, comes with no weapons or upgrades. Select weapons and upgrades to fill three hardpoints. Weapons include Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Flamer. Upgrades include Multi-Tracker (increased RoF) Shield Generator (endows Energy Shield) Target Lock (increases crisis speed) Drone Controller (endows 2 Gun Drones that work like American Battle Drones) [not gonna happen, it's simply unrealistic to have the guys guns suddenly appear. thus at a later date, chances are we'll have a couple of pre designed variants to build... like an assault, general and fire support model or something]

Hammerhead: Two types: Support Hammeread and Strike Hammerhead. The Support Hammerhead starts with a Twin-Linked Burst Cannon Turret that can be upgraded to either a Dual-Missile Pod turret or an Ion Cannon Turret; and has two burst cannons as secondary weapons. The Strike Hammerhead Starts with the Twin-linked Plasma Cannon turret, and can upgrade to either the Railgun turret or the Twin-Linked Fusion Cannon Turret; and has the Seeker Missile System as it's secondary weapon.
Hammerhead/Devilfish: Add a 'jump' ability to sorta leap over obsticles or other vehicles. [would cause hideous balancing issues... simply not gonna happen.. the h head is bad enough, it's gonna stick with its rail gun and burst cannons, though we do have an ion cannon variant currantly not in game]

Cadians

Infantry: Special weapons start as Flamers, but can be upgaded to Grenade Launchers or Plasma Guns. Heavy weapons start as Heavy Bolters, but can be upgraded to Autocannon, Missile Launchers, or Lascannon. [we might have grenade launcher dudes some day, but not right now.. it's flamers and missile launchers only atm:P]

New Troop: Guardsman armed with one use Demolition Pack. Fires Lasgun afterwards. [kasrkin will have bombs]

Leman Russ: Starts without Sponsoons; upgrade to either Heavy Bolter or Heavy Flamer sponsoons. Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter able to upgade to Lascannon.
Chimera: Turret able to upgade to Heavy Flamer, Twin linked Heavy Bolter, or Autocannon (this is a forgeworld thing) [we can't do sponsons properly with this games' engine, they have to be fixed forwards or able to shoot through the vehicle... not gonna happen... same reason as the crisis as regards to guns appearing]

New Tank: Leman Russ Demolisher: Slightly tougher Leman Russ with Demolisher Cannon turret, and choice of either Plasma Cannon or Multi-Melta sponsoons. [we may well have the demolisher some day]

New Tank: Leman Russ Exterminator: Starts with Twin-linked Autocannon turret and hull-mounted Heavy Bolter; with option to purchase Heavy Bolter sponsoons.
[the ig have plenty of shit to kill troops, they don't need any more!]

the problem with all these ideas, well, most of them, is that you have completely missed the scale point that we are aiming for in OW... these battles are meant to be on a much LARGER scale than the tt game. Whilst having this level of customisation is great with very few units as i nthe tt game... realistically, in a battle where the commander is controlling 20+ tanks, he doesn't wanna be bogged down with picking guns and shite like that.

think of OW as closer to epic 40k than normal 40k :)

thanks for the contribution though :blink:
Posted Image

#8 JavaTau

JavaTau
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

I see your points, fair enough. I admit I did get a bit carried away there, I just like tanks!

About Crisis suits- I think that pre-made varients would work the best, now that I think of it. How about have like 2 varients available to begin with, and then 2 more once some important building is built (Shas'Ar'Tol Concil or something). Maybe start with Fireknife and Deathrain, then later unlock Helios and Firestorm. descriptions found here

#9 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 11:17 PM

sounds good

it'd add more units and be easier in modelling/skinning aspects than, say, an entirely new unit :cool:
Posted Image

#10 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:36 PM

f*ck off, I'm not skinning any more tau shit. :cool:
My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#11 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:12 PM

i guess boomer disproves the idea.. :p
Posted Image

#12 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Onlywar Soundartist

• Project Team
  • 595 posts
  • Projects:Onlywar 1+2 Wh40K Total Conversions

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:29 PM

Have I got Ideas! Some of them (or most of them) would involve additional models being made.

Tau

Pathfinders: Able to call seeker missiles from off-map.
Firewarriors: Able to switch weapon to carbine. (Faster RoF, less range)
Crisis: When first built, comes with no weapons or upgrades. Select weapons and upgrades to fill three hardpoints. Weapons include Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Flamer. Upgrades include Multi-Tracker (increased RoF) Shield Generator (endows Energy Shield) Target Lock (increases crisis speed) Drone Controller (endows 2 Gun Drones that work like American Battle Drones)
Hammerhead/Devilfish: Add a 'jump' ability to sorta leap over obsticles or other vehicles.

Cadians

Infantry: Special weapons start as Flamers, but can be upgaded to Grenade Launchers or Plasma Guns. Heavy weapons start as Heavy Bolters, but can be upgraded to Autocannon, Missile Launchers, or Lascannon.
New Troop: Guardsman armed with one use Demolition Pack. Fires Lasgun afterwards.
Chimera: Turret able to upgade to Heavy Flamer, Twin linked Heavy Bolter, or Autocannon (this is a forgeworld thing)
New Tank: Leman Russ Demolisher: Slightly tougher Leman Russ with Demolisher Cannon turret, and choice of either Plasma Cannon or Multi-Melta sponsoons.

--JavaTau--

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

99% of these ideas especially for the tau have already been proposed long ago, especially by me ^^

A few got approved, but most got left out due to balancing and coding issues.
Posted Image
-=OFFICIAL ONLYWAR 1 & 2 TAU ADVISOR=-

#13 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:51 PM

lol that's a good point :p jugger has become the official only war tau advisor :D
Posted Image

#14 Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Onlywar Soundartist

• Project Team
  • 595 posts
  • Projects:Onlywar 1+2 Wh40K Total Conversions

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:30 PM

Added that to my sig cal :p

But.. i still have most of the ideas somewhere in a textfile, saved for the future of Onlywar or perhaps Onlywar 2
Posted Image
-=OFFICIAL ONLYWAR 1 & 2 TAU ADVISOR=-

#15 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:21 PM

TAU ARN'T IN ONLY WAR 2 AND NEVER WILL BE!

#16 Boomerang Python

Boomerang Python

Only War Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 2,370 posts
  • Projects:Only War, Only War 2
  •  Colonel-Commissar

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:34 PM

well they might.. you never really know what the future holds for us.. now do we? No sir mister. But seriously Tau are the bitches of the 41st millenium.
And the Emperor is the uber-pimp of the world.

Edited by Boomerang Python, 07 November 2005 - 07:36 PM.

My DeviantArt - Check it out.
Posted Image
My Wii code: 6472 3114 4930 8707

"Om du kan stå, när alla andra sviktar
och sen klandras du för att just du står rak
Om du kan tro på ditt när andra riktar
sitt välbekanta tvivel mot din sak

Om var minut av nitti sen kan fyllas
med verk av dig som giltigt räknats ner
min vän, som jordens konung ska du hyllas
men du är också man, och det är mer."

#17 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:36 PM

and thus they need to be around to be bitch slapped by the imperium... or rather utterly vapourised by mass lasers and bolts and missiles and bombm and whatever else... :p
Posted Image

#18 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:07 PM

and the fact ive got a tau tigershark ax -01 model :p
Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

#19 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:18 PM

oooh cool :p
Posted Image

#20 =][= Inquisitor_Sevrius =][=

=][= Inquisitor_Sevrius =][=

International Wedgie King

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Projects:EXAMS...uuugh

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:34 PM

HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously but, it'd be more fun to bitch slap Tau then Necrons, slapping tin cans loses its grandeur over time-- where as belting the shit out of Tau poofters never gets old :p

Regards,
=][= Inquisitor Sevrius =][=
Commander, Emperor's Blade Deathwatch Assault Force
-> "Repent heretic, for today, you die" <-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users