Photo

The Balrog and the Army of the Dead

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: What should I do about the Army of the Dead and the Balrog spell book powers?

What should I do about the Army of the Dead and the Balrog spell book powers?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 July 2005 - 01:46 AM

Odder for me, when I summon AOTD and attac a Balrog, they all just stand on the balrog and do nothing, same for the Balrog

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I usually have to run the AotD back and forth over the Balrog for trample damage to produce any effect. The Balrog just kinda shifts back and forth until it either dies or decides to use it's fire breathing to kill most of the AotD...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Breakbacca

Breakbacca
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:21 AM

sorry but did someone know how to create a deathweapon for sauron?
I've ever created death FX but I need help for deathweapon

#23 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

sorry but did someone know how to create a deathweapon for sauron?
I've ever created death FX but I need help for deathweapon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check out the 3rd Age community found right here at Revora. Links to their website can be found all over my own, and their forums are just a click away from there. Best of luck!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:00 AM

These are my ideas: leave AoD for Gondor, leave the Balrog for Mordor OR a summon army from the Black Gate (something like that), at the moment i can't think of any for Rohan or Isengard, but for the Elves maybe the Tears of the Valar; unleashes a rain of fireballs that destroy everything in it's path in a targeted area.

#25 -Glorfindel-

-Glorfindel-
  • New Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

i don't want amry of the dead in game

#26 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:51 AM

To avoid having to redo AI for the initial release, I've decreased the amount of time the Balrog and AotD are present on the battle field before disappearing, rather than changing the powers.

Edited by Celeglin, 08 February 2006 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

:p
I was wondering how elves would counter them. Good choice.

#28 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

rohan superpower idea_ ride of the rohirrim, a massive rohirrim charge they cross tyhe map and are uncontrolable they cannot be slowed and smash nearly anything in their path, uber destruction but it happens fast so its not an ongoing destructo power more of a save my ass in a bad situation power

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#29 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:47 AM

Actually, that's a not bad idea SDK Kwen, except make it so that they can't attack buildings, and that they only trample, not attack. Also, i think that charging across the screen is just too powerful; maybe they can only charge in a targeted area, maybe like a quarter of the map rather than the whole thing. But otherwise that is a really cool power.

#30 arz

arz
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

Right this might sound stupid as a ultimate power for the elves but i think they should have a summon the white council power. It would be quite easy i think(it might be dead hard but i dont know anything about modding) The power would summon galdalf and the rest of the white council for a time limit. I think all you would have to do is reskin gandalf and change a few powers. Just an idea though. :)
"After all, how can a mere dragon expect to tell a man like yourself what to do? In fact, everyone should stand in awe of your brilliance of finding the only dead end."
- Saphira

Posted Image

#31 {EoW}Tmistro

{EoW}Tmistro
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  • Projects:Shogun, donating to other mods.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

but that is probably to powerful..First i think that aod should not be in it and either should balrog. For me aragorn aod is good enough and for balrog pretty much what rhiea said. This prob is stupid aswell but they could have a power called Return the Favor and have aid from everyone who they have helped in turn. For example isilldur and some 2nd age gondor soldiers would come and help rohhirm would help etc

#32 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:13 AM

well when you consider, late game 90% of the units are upgraded and such, just trample wont wipe them all out, since they dont attack its not going to do as much damage as if they were attacking, and pikes would still own them, only orcs would it be truely devestating

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#33 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:59 AM

But despite it not KILLING every unit, it would attack the whole map if I deciphered his message correctly. Too devastating. It would waste a whole orc spam... And the Mordor player would start having to waste money on Mumakil...

#34 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:19 AM

thats why they aren it, if a rohan player survives long enough to earn this power, they deserve to wipe the map, and this charge isnt going to be huge, just about 50 rohirrim (thas not many, thats 10 hordes)

#35 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

In that case, that's fine. :thumbsup:

#36 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:19 AM

rohan superpower idea_ ride of the rohirrim, a massive rohirrim charge they cross tyhe map and are uncontrolable they cannot be slowed and smash nearly anything in their path, uber destruction but it happens fast so its not an ongoing destructo power more of a save my ass in a bad situation power

Not a bad idea. I've decided on how to change the existing super powers for once I start AI after the initial release, and this helps a bit with Gondor. Thanks.

Right this might sound stupid as a ultimate power for the elves but i think they should have a summon the white council power. It would be quite easy i think(it might be dead hard but i dont know anything about modding) The power would summon galdalf and the rest of the white council for a time limit. I think all you would have to do is reskin gandalf and change a few powers. Just an idea though. ;)

Interesting idea, but no good for the Elves, seeing as Elrond, Cirdan, and Galadriel can all be purchased.

but that is probably to powerful..First i think that aod should not be in it and either should balrog. For me aragorn aod is good enough and for balrog pretty much what rhiea said. This prob is stupid aswell but they could have a power called Return the Favor and have aid from everyone who they have helped in turn. For example isilldur and some 2nd age gondor soldiers would come and help rohhirm would help etc

I like the idea of summoning 2nd age characters in a 3rd age mod less than I do having the Balrog/AotD show up... Sorry. But thanks for the effort :) .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Gherick

Gherick
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

How about giving Aragorn new model(Black Gate outfit) and slightly larger AOTD? And giving "Elessar" ultimate Gondor power? It would summon Elessar on 10 lvl with these powers:

1 lvl. Athelas
2 lvl. Blademaster
4 lvl. mount/dismount
6 lvl. King of Gondor- Gives 2 lvls of experience(stronger version of Capitan of Gondor)
7 lvl. For Frodo!- blue glorious charge on foot
10 lvl. Oathbreakers- bigger army with King of Dead included

He would last for 2 minutes.

And Rohan army would be "Helm's Deep army" it would summon Eomer and Gandalf on 10 lvl and few battalions of FU Rohirrim, Rohirrim Archers and Royal Guards....

They would last for 1.30 minutes.

#38 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:45 PM

eomer cant be with the helms deep army has rohan can already buy him. the other 2 would only work if aragorn stays with rohan and gandalf with gondor. it would be stupid to be controlling 2 of the same heroes

#39 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

How about giving Aragorn new model(Black Gate outfit) and slightly larger AOTD? And giving "Elessar" ultimate Gondor power? It would summon Elessar on 10 lvl with these powers:

1 lvl. Athelas
2 lvl. Blademaster
4 lvl. mount/dismount
6 lvl. King of Gondor- Gives 2 lvls of experience(stronger version of Capitan of Gondor)
7 lvl. For Frodo!- blue glorious charge on foot
10 lvl. Oathbreakers- bigger army with King of Dead included

He would last for 2 minutes.

And Rohan army would be "Helm's Deep army" it would summon Eomer and Gandalf on 10 lvl and few battalions of FU Rohirrim, Rohirrim Archers and Royal Guards....

They would last for 1.30 minutes.

That would make me stressed to make sure I do all the abilities in the time allowed :D

#40 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

Elessar would suck, because he is only one unit. Though hero, he can only attack one at a time. Also, if you summon a full AoTD with Elessar, it wouldn't be too different with the current power.
Also, it would be too wierd to have 2 Eomers at the same time..... How about just Gandalf?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users