269 replies to this topic

#1 Shinigami

Shinigami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:00 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8234503/

I find it hard to believe that these extremsits and I worship the same God. When will they learn that they have no ****ing right to impose religion on people, and that homosexuality is a choice, not a disease?

#2 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:54 AM

precisely that it's a wrong choice. I'm glad you didn't say it's inborn...

I don't know where you got the idea that they're "imposing their religion" on people. I find it hard to believe that you worship the same God.

and oh please don't call me homophobic... that word itself is such an oxymoron, as if being homosexual was something normal, and rejecting it is wrong.

Edited by Godwin, 24 June 2005 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:09 AM

I don't know where you got the idea that they're "imposing their religion" on people. I find it hard to believe that you worship the same God.

'Healed' by God
Conservative Christians hold
conference to 'cure' gays

Did you even read the website? :w00t:

They imposed to their religion and said that they cured gays; as if gay people are bad.. or mentally ill. Ò_ó

Jesus when will these phucks ever learn?
-.-

Edited by Hooligan, 24 June 2005 - 07:10 AM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#4 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:34 AM

Homosexuality isn't actually a choice, it is something inborn. Hormones and stuff, I don't know exactly, but it is. Think of it - who would choose to be gay? To be discriminated all around and hated by a great many of people? They just love men in the same way you can love a woman. Wouldn't you hate it if people would think of you as 'ill' or 'stupid' because you're attracted to a woman?
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#5 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:39 AM

I'm pretty much an atheist , but doesn't the bible say "judge not lest ye be judged" or some such thing?
In other words live and let live , they're not harming you in any way. :w00t:
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#6 Sari

Sari

I am Legend/Out for Blood

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

...as if being homosexual was something normal, and rejecting it is wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse me? Of course it's freakin' normal! I really, really don't understand why some people view homosexuality as some sort of disease, or perversion. What exactly is it that drives these mindsets? What do you fear? It shouldn't make an ounce of difference whether they sleep with men, women or both.

I'm pretty much an atheist , but doesn't the bible say "judge not lest ye be judged" or some such thing?
In other words live and let live , they're not harming you in any way. :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Truer words were never said. It's a total hypocrisy to call yourself Christian and yet discriminate so badly. Whatever happened to "love thy neighbour" and all that?

Rrgh! Sorry, this is just something that bugs me. A lot. :p I can't view the webpage btw - just gives me something about "Bad Request (Invalid Header Name)". Meh. But if this is similar to all the other anti-gay articles, then I've probably got the gist of it.

Edited by Sari, 24 June 2005 - 06:47 PM.

#7 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

People would not choose to be gay. It's part of a bizarre trait that some people have - they can't believe other people think differently. E.g. "Wtf? You like MEN? But that's impossible! I don't, so it must be!"

And it's largely christianity and other major religions that have caused homosexuals to be singled out. Before the major monotheistic religions, back in the days of Ancient Rome, Greece, and Paganism, there was absolutely no idea of sexuality - you simply had sex with what you found sexy. And, as long as it's two consenting adults, I believe that's a far better way of looking at it.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#8 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

I don't give a dam what the rest of the word thinks of me.
I chose to be a Bisexual.
If they think that its wrong, than it's their ignorant minds that have the problem. There is no reason to hate people that love the same sex. The reasons they come up with are all the same, hatered, plain and simple, hatred.

#9 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

and oh please don't call me homophobic... that word itself is such an oxymoron, as if being homosexual was something normal, and rejecting it is wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A new study shows homosexuality could be down to your genes. I reckon some people might be amazed, it is possible, it might not be a mental thing. I do agree with Shinigami, its pathetic. The neoconservatives have no right telling people that homosexuality is wrong. Its totally their choice. I believe we should stick those conservatives into rehabilitation themselves to stop them being "pricks" :p

I guess that just links to what comradej said though.

Yes, these people use the bible for their own pathetic fascist intentions, i doubt they really believe in god, they don't abide by any of the rules really. Its rather pathetic IMO.

#10 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

personally i dislike homosexuality but i don't automatically condemn them for it.

please show me a homosexual productive animal which isn't human :p

What pisses me off is when minority start asking for rights which should be automatically excluded.

Gay adoption for instance, for f*ck sake you want kids but you are gay, flipping deal with it.

Same with women that want equal pay but have children, they call it discrimination when a guy is chosen but lets face it the guy can work longer and harder in 99.99% of instances.

I'm throwing political correctness out of the window and showing the cold hard facts :cool:

Edit: this is unusally cold and hard of me, i'm usually more "tolerant" but what is acceptable by society is not a norm.

Edited by Allied General, 25 June 2005 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

My view:

Whatever floats your boat. Doesn't mean I have to be the same as you, but if you're gay, you're gay. I won't hold it against you.

Simple.

EDIT: Btw, AG, there are gay dogs, cats, dolphins, whales, marmosets...a long list of rodents and marsupials. All mammals, no less :p

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 25 June 2005 - 12:15 PM.

#12 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

personally i dislike homosexuality but i don't automatically condemn them for it.

please show me a homosexual productive animal which isn't human  :p

As ash said there are hundreds. Heck my rabbit was gay, it would try to rape anything that moved, including its hutch-mate. lol

Seriously i remember seeing this ridiculous news paper report about how gays-rights activists protested because a zoo split up a few gay monkeys and they literally forced the zoo to put them back together lol.

What pisses me off is when minority start asking for rights which should be automatically excluded.

Gay adoption for instance, for f*ck sake you want kids but you are gay, flipping deal with it.

I understand, i myself thing it affects the child and would. Heck even that derek gay guy on Big Brother just recently said he doesn't think gays should be able to adopt because of what it does to the children, and that guy is gay. So yeah i do agree. If you wish to adopt it must be a mother and father thing IMO.

Same with women that want equal pay but have children, they call it discrimination when a guy is chosen but lets face it the guy can work longer and harder in 99.99% of instances.

I disagree, alot of discrimation goes on against women with kids. They should get equal pay because its unfair just because they work less. They should still get the same rate of pay if they can do the job. So i disagree.

My view:

Whatever floats your boat. Doesn't mean I have to be the same as you, but if you're gay, you're gay. I won't hold it against you.

Simple.

Exactly, why should i care if someone wants to be gay, they are no threat or danger, they are all human beings and should have their freedom respected, not breached just because of their sexuality.

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:01 PM

Amen, Comrade.

I also disagree with gay adoptive parents, and also with mothers getting less money. My mum's a single parent, for Christ's sake. There IS no father figure in my household...what would you suggest, AG? We starve to death on pitiful state income support because we can't afford to pay the bills? Because we would, if my mother didn't work full-time. Even now we can only just scrape ends-meeting, so to say mothers should get less pay is bloody well insulting...

#14 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

Of course it is. Any view otherwise is completely selfish, as is the view that homosexuality is a decision. i'm bisexual, but I didn't choose to be.

"Cold hard me" must mean "bigoted me"...
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#15 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:45 AM

I am against homosexuality. The thought discusts me. Do I care if someone else is gay? Of course not, give me one reason why I should.

QUOTE(Allied General @ Jun 25 2005, 12:09 PM)

I disagree, alot of discrimation goes on against women with kids. They should get equal pay because its unfair just because they work less. They should still get the same rate of pay if they can do the job. So i disagree.

If the woman works harder, or equal, then by all means, give her equal pay. What bugs me in today society is if a woman isn't getting equal pay, it must be discrimination.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#16 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

Whatever floats your boat.

nuff said
Posted Image

#17 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

we have social benefits.

Its discrimination agaisnt hardworking men then, if women with kids are given "special" treatment.

Everyone should be equal, no-one should be favouritised :lol:

however statistics suggest companies hired minorities to fufil the quota.

I myself am an ethnic minority so this isn't some white racist trash talk or something.

Basically if you work as much as an other, then you should be paid as much.

If you work less time or can't work extra hrs why employ you?

The bleeding heart sometimes has to give away to cold business performance.
Posted Image

#18 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:50 AM

first as usual in such a hot potato of a thread: i have friends that are bisexual, and i know people who are homosexual, and i can't say that knowing this affects my social relationship to them more than it did before i learned of it.

but one thing i find it a bit annoying is that certain gay people are making such a big fuss out of it. the majority of gay people probably act decent and tries to fit into society as much as possible. but i can't stand those who have to go in parades and have to make sure that the gay monkeys in the zoo are not separated and stuff like that.

it becomes almost nationalistic when they do that. "we are gay, and we are very proud to be gay, and if you don't like it we are gonna put a bunch of lawyers on your sweet ass because you dare to say so.". you can put parallells to extreme feminism where they burn bra's and try to "kill the pigs" who keeps them down.

im all for gay people to have the same rights as other people. but when they are acting like they've been put into consentration camps, things are going too far. sure, gay people have been discriminated, hated and feared throughout the last 1500-2000 years(this is all religious you most likely know, plenty of greek pottery and whatnot showing that homosexual acts was quite common around that age). but that doesnt mean that its their time to be king of the hill and be the ones to discriminate.

equality to all humans, and no exeptions because of prior troublesome situations. thats probably what im trying to say here, i believe.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#19 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

Personally i dont mind homosexuals as long as they dont try to pull any moves on me. However this is a battle of beliefs, not of facts. Homosexuality is a choice, only a republican would be narrow-minded enough to believe that everything they do is wrong. I have one thing to say for all the conservative fuck-tards out there, GROW UP! For god sakes everyone is diffrent and if you cant accept that, you need to STFU. And go to a country full of religous psychopaths such as Isreal.
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#20 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:04 AM

I still find it funny when someone tells you to grow up, and uses fucktards, and stfu in the two neighboring sentences. Republican has nothing to do with racists, although, there more racist rebublicans than democrats. More middle easterners are terrorists than others, does that make them all terrorists?

Like I said before, I don't care if you're gay or not, but the "typical" gay people you see are not someone I'd want to associate with.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users