• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#41 Sari

Sari

I am Legend/Out for Blood

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

My comment actually made sense, how come there is a large number of men, that enjoy watching female homosexuals, but treat male homosexuality as it's a plague?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually yeh, that's a good point. o.O I dunno, speaking from experiance, men seem to fear anything that 'threatens' their manliness. Or maybe that's just the morons out there.

...to destroy the very fabric of civilization. I find it absolutely hilarious that you can think "they aren't bothering anyone"
And based on your secular society, love=sex, tell me how many gays do you know who do not equate or admit part of their relationship to a sexual one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The world destroyed by homosexuals? Riiight ... obviousely that was their big plan all along.
Tell me, how many straight couples do you know who do no equate or admit part of their relationship to a sexual one?

#42 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:03 PM

And what about worms or snails, who are amphibians?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The word is 'hermaphrodite' :dry: Amphibians are stuff like frogs and toads :p

Also, as for why guys like to watch lesbians...most are sex-obsessed, and any image of the female form (the more the better) is something they get off on.

How is gayness destroying civilisation? It would only do that if EVERYONE was gay. Which we aren't.

#43 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

Oops, out of the 4 possible translations my dictionary gave me for the Dutch word, I chose a wrong one :dry: :p.
Homosexuals are just as much people as non-homosexuals.
And they have just as much right to get married as non-homosexuals.
Love is not just about sex. Typically a male idea.
Love is about all those things I said, and sure, sex is mostly part of love too, but not always. Did you have sex when you were 12 and had a little girlfriend? I don't think so. (at least I hope you didn't. Please note that this is a fictional situation).
Love and sex are two different things. Sex is a good way to express your love to someone though. But it's not the most important thing about love. IMO it is much more important to have someone you can have fun with, you can trust, and you can count on.
I know men think a lot about sex and stuff, but love is above that. It can include sex (it usually does), but love is the main thing. Think about it, if you ever had sex with someone you didn't love, and three days after you'd feel really bad because for example a familymember had died, would that person help you and treat you with the love you needed? Support you and be there for you? No, they wouldn't. Because they only like you physically. Love is so much more than just physical, it's psychological too, you love that person's outside and inside. You care for them, and if they are in pain, you want to help them.
A sexual relationship is gone when the sex is over, when you two are not in the same place anymore. The sexual feelings you had are gone then. Love is still there, even when you are apart. Even if you haven't seen each other for a week or so, it's still there. Love is so much more, and you'll find out when you have fallen in love yourself.

#44 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:04 AM

Well, I'm going to be blunt, sex has nothing to do with love. Never slept with someone I loved, don't plan to unless I make it to old age (which I probably won't).

I heard a comedian yesterday that made me laugh, she said:
"Why is it that men are threatened by gay men, and not gay women?"
"Seriously, my brother sees two guys kissing in the street, and talks about how discusting it is. Put a picture of two naked women in front of him and ask him what's missing and he'll giggle and say me"
"You'd think men would be more threatened by lesbians, that's just more competition"
She went on for a little while longer, but it actually got me thinking... the gays are eliminating some of my toughest competition. They're removing all the good looking, sensitive guys from the playing field, moves me up one space :dry:
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#45 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:30 AM

lol, funny stuff there. :dry:

[double post removed]

Edited by ImmoMan, 05 July 2005 - 11:22 AM.

#46 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:23 AM

lol double post there :dry:

#47 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:42 AM

And typically, nobody answered my question.
Posted Image

#48 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

@ Godwin, because I don't think I know a gay guy. And definately not two having a relationship together. I don't know any lesbians either. So either people hide it or I don't know any homosexuals.

#49 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

And then you can be so sure that gays are all about "love"? Oh sure it may start there, it's obvious they like the same sex, and can live together and do all kinds of stuff together.
What's the difference with friendship then? What's the difference between having a gay partner and just having a friend of the same sex? Obviously, it is the sexual activities, the sexual orientation involved. These are sexual preferrence we're describing, not... "likeness' or whatever.

So once again, what about gay marriage? That's going way too far in my opinion. I would have totally absolutely no problems with gays if they don't come up with stupid ideas like this.
Posted Image

#50 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:16 PM

I only agree in gay marriage for one thing. Thats because these people lose so many rights no being able to marry. They can't claim insurance if the other one dies, say one works and ones a bum, then obviously life insurance won't be claimed because they aren't legally married. I believe gay marriage should be allowed to the extent that those rights are gained for gay people living together, however they shouldn't be able to adopt.

Either we have gay marriage or a register that gives those gay people the rights a married couple get but obviously not actually considered married.

#51 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

Yeah. Just use another word than 'marriage'. 'Gay couple unification' will do.

Since marriage implies bride and groom, which doesn't work if they're of same sex...who wears the bride's dress in two guys? :)

#52 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

Well there are those... homotransexuals, or whatever they're called...
Posted Image

#53 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:14 PM

Yeah. Just use another word than 'marriage'. 'Gay couple unification' will do.

Since marriage implies bride and groom, which doesn't work if they're of same sex...who wears the bride's dress in two guys? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would also stop the religious peoples going apeshit over it too.

#54 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

And then you can be so sure that gays are all about "love"? Oh sure it may start there, it's obvious they like the same sex, and can live together and do all kinds of stuff together.
What's the difference with friendship then? What's the difference between having a gay partner and just having a friend of the same sex? Obviously, it is the sexual activities, the sexual orientation involved. These are sexual preferrence we're describing, not... "likeness' or whatever..

Fact is, you could say the same thing about my male friends and boyfriend. That is a different connection. I am much closer with my boyfriend, he knows me like I know myself. Friends don't know me that well. Just enough for friendship. I mean they know me, but not like my boyfriend does. My boyfriend understands me better than most of my friends do.
My hobbies are more the same of my boyfriends' than of a friend. My closest friend at school likes games too (just as I do), but he likes fighting games and RPG, while I like RTS and FPS more (as does my boyfriend). You feel different about the one you love.
You will know what it feels like when it has happened. I'd rather lose a friend than lose him. Simply because he's not only the one I love, but he's also a great friend (friendship is important in love). And I'm certain that people who've loved someone for quite some time (since I do not mean the GF you have since a week) will agree with me, if it all goes well, eventually you can't even imagine a life without them. They are an important part of your life. You think about them at least once a day, probably even more. I don't think of all my friends every day. Feelings of love are different than 'just' friendship feelings. And the love gay people give, is just the same as the one non-homosexuals give, only it's to someone of the same gender. But they feel the same butterflies in their stomach, the same insecurity when talking to the other one. (when they are in love). Only sex is different. And marriage, and getting kids.
Furthermore I think they can talk about some things well. Think about it, who else than your lesbian partner would understand so well what a period is like.
Sex is different, it doesn't happen in the 'traditional' way, but as long as both have a good time, who complains? They'll find out ways to enjoy theirselves, the sexual intercourse is not the main part of the whole kissing-sex-thing. And it's mostly not the part that lasts the longest. And it's definately not the best part for the women (or so that's been said, it might be shocking for some of you men to hear :)).
About adoption, I think gay people should be allowed to adopt a child. What's the difference of having one woman adopt a child (a single mother), or two women?
I mean if a man and a woman have a child, and the man dies, does the mother give up the child? No, of course not. So why shouldn't a single woman or two lesbian women (or two gay men) not be allowed to adopt a child? It's be difficult for the child maybe, but we are all different, I have darkbrown hair, your hair has (probably) a different colour. We are all different, this is just another difference. It's not bad, it's not something they should hide or anything. As long as they do give their child sex education.

#55 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:01 PM

looks like you've been smoking too much.

On an purly "natural" stance, an gay couple cannot produce offspring simple as that without artificial, outside help.
Posted Image

#56 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:06 PM

I don't smoke :)
So what if they cannot? That doesn't mean that they can't adopt a child, now does it?
Some men and women also cannot, and they are allowed to adopt (in fact, if all the techniques, (don't know the English words) fail, then that's a plausible option).

Edited by Blaat85, 05 July 2005 - 04:07 PM.

#57 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

child adoption by gay couples is f*cked up and many members disagree with it, you a lack of heart towards that child's upbringing, its also selfish too.

An couple which wanted kids naturally will at least have the right "tools"
Posted Image

#58 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:27 PM

I think its wrong for 2 men or 2 women to bring up a children, so i disagree with child adoption. If the homosexual had a child from a previous relationship obviously that doesn't matter, but i wouldn't give them rights for child adoption, i don't think its fair on the kid.

#59 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:21 PM

I think the couple should decide whether the child being teased is a factor or not. I don't see anythign wrong with gay adoption.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#60 Sari

Sari

I am Legend/Out for Blood

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:41 PM

Was all that "sex doesn't equal love" stuff aimed at me? If so, I'm really sorry - I didn't mean my response to sound like that! What I was getting at is that straight couples are just as flawed as homosexual couples and vice versa - not everyone distinguishes between a sexual relationship and whatever the opposite is. Basically, you can't have a go at gay couples for being "only about sex" because, just as with straight couples, that's only a generalisation.

Personally, I agree with gay couples adopting a child. Why the hell shouldn't they? They're just as capable of giving love and support as any other couple. And as far as the being teased goes ... hell, you can be teased because your parents are fat. Are we saying fat people shouldn't have kids? And this is just the small-mindedness that allows such awful discriminations to linger - no one should ever be afraid to accept themselves for who they are. Frankly, any child who gets raised with these beliefs is already far ahead of their peers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users