remake for generals?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kaine_*

Guest_Kaine_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:25 PM

hi i like ur mod but i hate the serious error / sync (missmatch) problems in zero hour thats why i beg you now to release a version for generals.

i know its very hard to convert it for generals because there are some serious changeses. but please do us all a favor if you have someday some time and ur zerohour mod is finished then convert it.

cya one of your biggest fans :dry: :p

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

hi i like ur mod but i hate the serious error / sync (missmatch) problems in zero hour thats why i beg you now to release a version for generals.

i know its very hard to convert it for generals because there are some serious changeses. but please do us all a favor if you have someday some time and ur zerohour mod is finished then convert it.

cya one of your biggest fans  :dry: :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its true ZH has the missmatch problem.. I put up with them nightly, can't play with more than 2 players even, but to move it back to Generals is not at all an option... (at least for me) theres hundreds of hours invested in getting to where it is, and too much of that would be lost if it moved back to Generals.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

To be honest, it wouldnt do any justice to revert it back to generals. Even though ZH has had lots of problems, i think they are fixable... even though i don't know anything about modding etc.

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#4 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:13 AM

To be honest, it wouldnt do any justice to revert it back to generals.  Even though ZH has had lots of problems, i think they are fixable... even though i don't know anything about modding etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the worst of the problems are in the engine. It needs a severe patch BAD. The modding has little to nothing to do with the missmatch errors , the lag, and the conection problems.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:51 PM

u know its not possible to fix the biggest problems in zero hour like nuke cannon deploy... lag and map - waypoint bugs because they are hardcoded.. (not fixable - ask for example some old developer of zero hour dunno his name but he has a forum called deezire) even he could not fix it he said that it would must be decoded and recoded but since decoding is illegal nobody would do it.

any if you would convert it to generals you would not lost the technologie from zero hour because the most things can be "translated".

i know my enlgish sucks but i try my best ;)

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:38 PM

u know its not possible to fix the biggest problems in zero hour like nuke cannon deploy... lag and map - waypoint bugs because they are hardcoded..  (not fixable - ask for example some old developer of zero hour dunno his name but he has a forum called deezire) even he could not fix it he said that it would must be decoded and recoded but since decoding is illegal nobody would do it.

any if you would convert it to generals you would not lost the technologie from zero hour because the most things can be "translated".

i know my enlgish sucks but i try my best ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actulay I'd be afraid of a lawsuit if I moved everything over from zerohour to generals... if it was good enough it would effect zerohour sales... hehehe and I'm not going to pee on EA's foot if you know what I mean.

there are alot of game features and ai modules not available in generals that are in zerohour. there were more changes than just content in the expansion.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

Actually its not a problem to recode it. Yes its protected by copyright etc, but that only applies to sales. Providing you are still offering it free they technically they can't do anything, but as soon as you charge for it, then there is a problem.

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

Actually its not a problem to recode it.  Yes its protected by copyright etc, but that only applies to sales.  Providing you are still offering it free they technically they can't do anything, but as soon as you charge for it, then there is a problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It also applys to making copyrighted materail downloadable or even just downloading it. A perfect example is the poor souls getting prison time for downloading a movie. ZeroHour is copyrighted material. It is iliegal to make that material available to anyone who does not own zerohour.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

its me again... sorry i hate to register in forums....

the most things are allready in generals but some units are just not used... you would know it if you would have read post in many forums eg deeezire...

and dont forgett the moder of contra mod allready put in new units so that unter the eye of the law everything would be legal ...

ur example is not usable because u dont make a coplete iso image form zero hourdownloade u r just making a mod for generals that unlocks everything that is not used with some improvements...

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:16 PM

its me again... sorry i hate to register in forums....

the most things are allready in generals but some units are just not used... you would know it if you would have read post in many forums eg deeezire...

and dont forgett the moder of contra mod allready put in new units so that unter the eye of the law everything would be legal ...

ur example is not usable because u dont make a coplete iso image form zero hourdownloade u r just making a mod for generals that unlocks everything that is not used with some improvements...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, the Zero hour units are all copywritten. to "Unlock" it in generals as you put it is actualy copying that material out of ZeroHour and repackaging it as a mod for generals... thats illegal. You can't legaly take the content of the expansion pack and make it available for Genera's players.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 s@m

s@m
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Projects:Blue Fire

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:17 PM

Dont take any risk with copyritghts...
My whole problem with Generals solved after i downloaded the last version of the remix AND upgrade my PC,that mens:if your PC can handle the Mod=no lag=no technical dificulties :huh: .At least tha worked for me

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:20 PM

Pendaelose youdont understnad what i reallymean maybe its my fault or my english teachers ^^

the zerohour untits are under copyright but notthe contra UNITS that replace the orginal zerohour units...

what the problem of making e.g. a new model and skin for the saboteur and place it in generals?

#13 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:21 PM

Dont take any risk with copyritghts...
My whole problem with Generals solved after i downloaded the last version of the remix AND upgrade my PC,that mens:if your PC can handle the Mod=no lag=no technical dificulties :dry: .At least tha worked for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sam Is right ! Dont take any risks with this stuff... I have no problem with lags and technical dificulties such as sam does... :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

Sam Is right ! Dont take any risks with this stuff... I have no problem with lags and technical dificulties such as sam does...  :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anything, I would think move Contra on to a NEWER engine. but the copywright issue still looms a little because ZeroHour isn't really an old game yet. though publishers tend to be much more fogiving if your mod encourages sales of the NEW product. I would move to BFME long before I moved to Generals. It would be in the same spirit as the Zerohour mods that provide TiberiumSun or Redalert in the ZH engine... but even still I don't see a engine move in the near future. I would rather move onto another project than persist one on through the generations.

Thats my 10 cent.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

Sam Is right ! Dont take any risks with this stuff... I have no problem with lags and technical dificulties such as sam does...  :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If anything, I would think move Contra on to a NEWER engine. but the copywright issue still looms a little because ZeroHour isn't really an old game yet. though publishers tend to be much more fogiving if your mod encourages sales of the NEW product. I would move to BFME long before I moved to Generals. It would be in the same spirit as the Zerohour mods that provide TiberiumSun or Redalert in the ZH engine... but even still I don't see a engine move in the near future. I would rather move onto another project than persist one on through the generations.

Thats my 10 cent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EA is now working on a new c&c and i think that it is the next red alert... There are three ways :Generals 2,Red Alert 3, and Tiberian twilight !!! One of those is the nproject that work right now !
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#16 stack111

stack111

born with rags, on the road to riches

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:Zero Hour Mod Conquer or Die

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:44 PM

They should make a generals 3, that would be cool :)
Posted Image
"The great questions of the day will not be decided by speeches and resolutions but by blood and iron" Otto Von Bismarck

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:13 PM

did u guys not know that the new c&C parts will be too in the saga engine of zerohour

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:36 PM

Zerohour and BFME are both in the same engine. yes, I do expect the newer releases to come out in this same engine.

don't forget that same engine does not mean same performance or even same bugs... its just means same foundation.

There is an enourmus amount of work done to the engine between each new game to use it. there are huge advantages to moving along with the times.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:38 AM

Zerohour and BFME are both in the same engine.  yes, I do expect the newer releases to come out in this same engine.

don't forget that same engine does not mean same performance or even same bugs...  its just means same foundation.

There is an enourmus amount of work done to the engine between each new game to use it.  there are huge advantages to moving along with the times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats right ! But stack M.E.C.H. said that it is not sure if it will be generals 2 or red alert 3 or tiberian twilight... I read that too M.E.C.H. i think it was in ea site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users