#1 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:04 PM

Alright, I've gotten a few scant replies here and there, but I'd like to get some good, solid feedback before I move on with the mod (I want to get the heroes as close to being completed as possible before starting other things). So, just go ahead and post anything you think I need know and, if possible, touch on some of these issues:

Costs: Are they reasonable?

Galadriel's Power of the Lady: Too weak?

Galadriel's Elven Healing: Should it have a longer reload time?

Celeglin: Does he need to be nerfed, or have is cost brought up?

Leadership: Is there too much of it flying around?

FX for special abilities: Too much? Tacky looking? (exception of Galadriel's Light of the Valar as it's not done yet)

Anything you feel like letting me know would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 HastyNancingEnt

HastyNancingEnt

Skinner that hates coding

• Project Team
  • 276 posts
  • Projects:Third Age Unleashed

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:41 AM

i would like to beta celegin
Leader of Ent Productions
Head Skinner of Third Age Unleashed
HNE Mod Page

#3 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  • Projects:various |MeMw| maps/ mods

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

I didn't get to use every power yet, so I can't tell a whole lot about balance.

-All powers, power descriptions, hero buid descriptions, and most hero names are missing from the CSF. Consequently, I didn't know what they did.
-Celeborn is unclickable.
-Celegin is god-like. His range is an entire screen, and he does huge damage. He levels up really fast too. I say have him do less Level 1 damage, and make him take more experience to level up. That would make it more balanced.
-Arwen levels up really fast too. Give her more experience to level up, but not too much. Defenitley not as much as Celegin.
-Galadriel's Palantir power only summons literaly right on top of her. I know you were having some problems with it, so if you can't fix it remove it.
-All cost were reasonable, and you balanced it by having relatively short build times. It wan't too hard to get the heroes, even with Rohan's economy. Maybe it was because I was playing an Easy AI...

That's all I can say, until I play it some more. I didn't get any heroes leveled up very high.
Anything later then now isn't soon enough.

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:52 PM

i would aso like to beta test this mod, and i have been a beta tester for many mods, so i'm not doing this just to get at the mod, i can realy help.

ohh yeah, and uhh... if you need any coding help, i can help a bit

Edited by |MeMw| Haldir, 29 June 2005 - 03:53 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#5 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

-All powers, power descriptions, hero buid descriptions, and most hero names are missing from the CSF. Consequently, I didn't know what they did.

They're all there, even check the CSF file included. For some reason, it's not being read though. They show up fine on my computer. I haven't the slightest idea how to fix this.

-Celeborn is unclickable.

Try his feet ;) . The bounding boxes on him and Celeglin are screwed up. I have to redo them.

-Celegin is god-like. His range is an entire screen, and he does huge damage. He levels up really fast too. I say have him do less Level 1 damage, and make him take more experience to level up. That would make it more balanced.

Will do.

-Arwen levels up really fast too. Give her more experience to level up, but not too much. Defenitley not as much as Celegin.

She's supposed to. That's what Elrond's there for. When Arwen is near Elrond, she earns... I don't remember how much, but more experience.

-Galadriel's Palantir power only summons literaly right on top of her. I know you were having some problems with it, so if you can't fix it remove it.

Yeah, it's been removed. I need to come up with a new power though. I left it in just in case some one wanted to take a look at it and maybe find a solution.

-All cost were reasonable, and you balanced it by having relatively short build times. It wan't too hard to get the heroes, even with Rohan's economy. Maybe it was because I was playing an Easy AI...

Alright, thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bump Celeglin's price up to 2500 (unless I nerf him enough to merit being only 2000, which may very well happen).

Thanks a bunch Ecthelion!

Edited by Celeglin, 29 June 2005 - 06:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

I didn't know there was a csf file included. I found it's in the .big file, which it shouldn't be (I don't think). For WOME, Halbarad put the .str (same thing as csf, right) in the data folder.

Arwen leveled up fast even when Elrond wasn't built.

If you need a new power for Galadriel, maybe it could be some kind of elven wood.

Another problem is that Arwen uses the exact same voices as Eowyn. I just want to make sure you know that. ;)

Edited by |MeMw| Ecthelion, 29 June 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#7 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:20 AM

lol, yeah, I've just been too lazy to get rid of her Eowyn voices until I get her some of her own. There's a staff position open for that for whoever's interested and knows what they're doing.

And I'll bump up Arwen's required experience. Elven Wood for Galadriel may work.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

may i beta test? i've beta tested many mods before Epicwarfare, WOME, nicks hero mod, i am the creator (well thinker and leader) of MME i have created many mods, all of them well balanced factins (i know what needs to be done to have a balanced faction), my e-mail adress is vileartist@kirleyworks.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

I'm sorry but beta closed yesterday. If you didn't get in before then, you're going to have to wait until the next one comes out (which shouldn't be too long). Sorry :blink: !

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:28 PM

:O i asked 2 days ago!
i just remined you today!

... then i would like to beta test the NEXT one

Edited by |MeMw| Haldir, 01 July 2005 - 06:29 PM.

#11 [OoM]TheNazgul

[OoM]TheNazgul
  • Members
  • 54 posts
  • Projects:Inside The Battle:Mod

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

LoL nice haldir
you just keep trying to get in
Posted Image

His Infernal Majesty

#12 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:35 PM

yeah well, i can wait until the next relese, ohh by the way celeglin, do you mind if i use the design from your webpage in mine? i dont know how to dop the box thing, and i love how it looks, so do you mind if i use it?

#13 |EG| Witch-King Riding Shelob

|EG| Witch-King Riding Shelob
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

Well everything in my review I told you in a pm.

And Ecthelion, you didn't have to actually play and level them up, you could have done what I did. Open up the .big file do what was needed to be done to make them spawn at level 10 for free, So you didn't have to wait :p

Edited by |MeMw| Witch-King Riding Shelob, 03 July 2005 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:44 PM

Oh... yeah... :p

Well, the hard way *coughmywaycough* tests for balance too. I wouldn't have found half the stuff if I just had them start at level 10.

#15 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

yeah well, i can wait until the next relese, ohh by the way celeglin, do you mind if i use the design from your webpage in mine? i dont know how to dop the box thing, and i love how  it looks, so do you mind if i use it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, I'm not 100% sure I understand you. But if you want to use the layout/image scheme from my website, I'd have to say no. Thanks for taking an interest, put I'd really like my work to stay original. Thanks again.

Edited by Celeglin, 03 July 2005 - 10:46 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

... thats not good, the site is ready but not online, now i'll have to do 4 hours of html code all over again...

#17 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

Should have waited until I replied then.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

well................ :| :| :| :| :|

~~~~~~~~~

okay look i made a mistake by not asking you before i madeb it, but i didnt copy you i just used the design with the links tat the top and the boxes with script, heres a pic, tell me if its acceptable before i restart

~~~~~~~~~

here:

~~~~~~~~~

try again

~~~~~~~~~

sorry

#19 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:59 PM

So long as you didn't use any of the images from the site (buttons, backgrounds, headers, etc.) go right on ahead. I didn't copyright having buttons and tables :dry: .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

of course not, all the art is custom, the only think is the way its setup it has the 10 links on top, and the writing is in boxes, but none of the stuff is stolen, everything on there is mine, just the setup is yours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users