#1 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

I want upload a FAQ to the C&C:R site with the most common questions that I heared in years about the project & new questions are welcome (if are good questions will be included on this list, please, don't use this topic to spam, thanks):

Q1: What I need to play C&C:Reloaded?
A1: Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge and the YR game update v1.001 avalaible here (Westwood FTP)

Q2: Is required Tiberian Sun to C&C:R?
A2: No, C&C:R is a Yuri's Revenge Modification.

Q3: What system requeriments are required to play?
A3: The same system requeriments to play Yuri's Revenge.

Q4: How I can to be a Beta-tester to play C&C:R?
A4: v0.99 of the C&C:R project not need beta-testers because all the people can play & report bugs to improve the mod.

Q5: When will be released C&C:Reloaded?
A5: never... (hide your pistol ;)). To be exact the v0.99 will be released the 7 of july of 2005 as public beta & the v1.0 will be released in the summer of 2005.

Q6: Can I use my old Tiberian Sun maps to play with C&C:R?
A6: No. Before to use your TS maps you need convert your TS map using a little tutorial & changing the internal units names of TS by the C&C:R internal names (for example Nod buggy is BGGY & in C&C:R is called TSBGGY). Basic tutorials to convert maps can be found here.

Q7: How I install C&C:Reloaded?
A7: You need create a new folder inse RA2 folder & in this new folder unzip the C&C:R files. After thiese steps run "menu.bat" or "Mod Manager.exe". Another method is create the new RA2 sub-folder & unzip the Mod Manager, then execute the program & go to "Search updates" window & download all the mod files.
Then if your RA2 folder is here: C:\westwood\RA2\
your C&C:R files should beplaced here: C:\westwood\RA2\XXXXXXX\ (where "XXXXXXX" is any name for the C&C:R folder)

Q8: C&C:R Mod Manager does an error & can't be used... why?
A8: Could be that you not have installed the .NET framework in your system & is necessary to use .NET programs. You can download the free .NET framework from Windows Update.

Q9: I'm french but I have the english version of C&C:Reloaded, how I can change it?
A9: if you use the Mod Manager you can go to the Options & change the language of the program & the Mod Language. To take the Mod language effects enable the "Force Download" option and go to "Search Updates" windows & download the last update (will be included the french files). To return to the english language you can to do the same steps. Special thanks to CnCBoy to the French traslation :lol:

Q10: I see civilian Power Plants to the AI, why?
A10: Is a modified graphic version of these Power Plants & is a AI idea that I had to not to be limited by the RA2 game engine & not to share Allied Powerplants with the GDI & Soviet Powerplants to Nod.

Q11: My side exploded at the start... why?
A11: Because you not readed the text about this in the Skirmish main menu :)
To play with RA2 sides you must disable the short game mod due to the addition of the 2 TS sides (game engine liimitation).

Q12: Why All sides only have 1 Superweapon? where is the Genetic Mutator, Iron Curtain & Chronosphere?
A12: Due to the Game Engine limitation has been disabled secondary Super Weapons to balance the game. genetic mutator has been used to the GDI Ion Cannon & the rest has been disabled (but can be added on maps).

Q13: How can I enable C&C:R Theme Packs or Assault Map Packs?
A13: Put the packs into the RA2 folder or into the C&C:Reloaded folder, C&C:R Mod Manager or menu.bat will detect them & will to do a copy of them into the Reloaded folder (if not have a copy). In the next mod activations will be enabled those packs.

Q14: Where is the GDI Firestorm building?
A14: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation.

Q15: Where is the GDI component tower defense?
A15: Disabled to help the RA2 AI. Each component turreet is a independent building.

Q16: Where is the GDI & Nod Gates?
A16: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation.

Q17: Where is the Nod Cluster missile?
A17: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation.

Q18: Where is the Hunter Seeker Super Weapon of Tiberian Sun?
A18: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation.

Q19: Where is the EMP defense of Tiberian Sun?
A19: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation.

Q19: where is the ... of Tiberian Sun?
A19: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation (If isn't ported to C&C:R is by a Game limitation or that has a lot of secondary effects).

Q20: Exist a project to brake YR limitations & enable new features, will be used to C&C:Reloaded?
A20: Because I don't want depend of a patch of another person the RockPatck will be used as C&C:R expansion but not as necessary part of the C&C:R core. The promissing development of the patch will help to solve hardcoded problems like the 3 sides limit of Yuri's Revenge etc... I haven't more info about the expansion because I haven't worked on it ;-)

Q21: ??????
A21: ??????

Edited by FS-21, 06 July 2005 - 01:08 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

Question: Would you be against me writing a manual for this mod? (For example of my manual, see Robot Storm ;) )

#3 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:26 PM

Why I should be against you? I'll see that later that I'm busy ;)

Edited by FS-21, 06 July 2005 - 01:26 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:48 PM

Okay, I'll get on that some point in next few weeks after release dude :) I'll link you to it.

http://rstorm.cncgui.../RobotStorm.zip <- Manual. Be warned, it's 100meg unzipped (word document, heh...i think someone did a pdf for me, but that doesnt have hyperlinks in it ;))

#5 Mr.LoL

Mr.LoL
  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

FS-21 , can you replace the GDI and Nod gates by new ones who work on RA2 ? Gates are helpfull in the tiberian world because of the dangers (mutants, monsters , veins ... )

#6 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:01 PM

First of all, there is only one gate structure that exists in basic RA2, and it is the single top-left/bottom-right gate that appears in the first Allied mission, on your side of the bridge leading to the Soviet base. Sure, that gate can be made, but what about the other one? That'll be harder, since it doesn't use the exact same logic (I think, anyway).

#7 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

You are 100% right about the RA2 logic Mr. Darkness (welcome again :rolleyes:) for this reason isn't added in the mod (& I tried a lot of experiments with gates).

#8 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,982 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

What are those then? :rolleyes:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#9 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:35 PM

These are RA2 gates & has a different logic (the TS gates has a graphic part that is used to walk but now the TS gate images always hide units & this RA2 gate is a cheap/unique solution to do gates) I think that I haven't saved images of the TS gate bug (a image is better than 1000 words) :/

EDIT: I found a better answer about the TS gates bug :rolleyes:

Kravvitz's answer in slipnirstuff forums

Edited by FS-21, 06 July 2005 - 08:44 PM.

#10 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,982 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:43 PM

http://www.sleipnirs..._1036200376.bmp

This?

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#11 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:45 PM

Yes, & I edided my last post with an answer in sleipnir stuff forums about this TS gate bug (this is the why only we have this stupid gate in RA2 :/)

#12 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

Looks to me like that was an image layering issue... I'm not sure how to hack that out, but it's most likely hidden somewhere in the art.ini file.

#13 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

I got a question about he Mammoth Mk.2

Shouldn't it have a build limit?

About the gates, couldn't you edit the bib out of the images?

#14 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

If we could modify the gate construction to lay down the bib as an overlay (like pavement in TS), then you wouldn't have the "units hidden by gate bib" issue.

Dunno if this is possible, though.

#15 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,982 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

Make it moving horizontally then? Like MooMan did in YR^2.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#16 Guest_Anduck_*

Guest_Anduck_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

Q19: where is the ... of Tiberian Sun?
A19: Disabled due to the RA2 game limitation

no laser fence posts :mellow:

#17 The Defender

The Defender
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

No offence but Laser Fence & Gates SUCKED - if power off then fence goes off and the gates were so slow going up that enemy units could pass through plus they were so weak they may as well have been made of cardboard - I don't see why people fuss other bits that really have NO use when they should be focusing on helping with bugs etc
Kane lives through death
Peace through Power
I AM the future - Kane
Terminate ALL Biological Lifeforms - THE Defender

#18 Painkiller

Painkiller
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:19 PM

Question: Once i've got C&C Reloaded properly installed and all the files are in the reloaded folder do i need to keep those same files in my red alert 2 folder or can i delete them?

#19 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

You only need the Reloaded files in the Reloaded folder. In the mod manager, it copies the files into the RA2 folder, and deletes them when you deactivate.

#20 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:27 PM

well gate speed can be increase and so can gate HP ...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users