• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gondolin

Gondolin
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

I haven't fully reasearched answers to these questions yet, so sorry if there are obvious available resources on them, and if so just point me in that direction.

1. Game Interface Artwork - I'm creating a small (if possible) total conversion, and so obviously I have to change the game menu artwork and stuff like the Palantir images. I've seen screens of this being achieved for example Rise of Rome, but I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't the easiest thing to do. What file names is this artwork under and is there anything special about them, or anything about where they are coded/referenced to?

2. Camera Zoom and Angle - In this mod a few units will be extremely large and some extremely small, the differences will probably be enough to require an extension to the zoom capabilities. Is this possible?

In addition, though probably impossible, can you make it so that you can change the angle of the camera (on the x and y axis I mean) instead of the normal top Z axis angle control?

3. Lastly, I need to make some units with large quantities of passengers, most of them turrets. I need these passengers since the unit has many many more than 3 weapons, so how do you code them as passengers, but have them "permanently garrisoned"?

Thanks for any help, I'm just trying to get a head start before I delve into the Trial and Error Phase of this project, which at times can be a tad frustrating :rolleyes:

#2 Lord Of Gifts

Lord Of Gifts

I'm not corrupt, I'm morally flexible.

• Hosted
  • 889 posts
  • Projects:Battle for the Galaxy, EaWZone, Spy Mod
  •  Ph34r the blue text!
  • Division:EaWZone
  • Job:Webmaster and Modding Community Leader

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:50 AM

1. Palantir stuff is in apt\palantir.big and apt\palantirexport.big
2. I don't know.
3. I don't know.

#3 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:59 AM

1. You may also find some interesting stuff in controlbarscheme.ini . The image for the title screen is load_w_ea.jpg found in art/textures (other menu images can be found around here as well such as titlescreenuserinterface and loadpage_bg).

2. Dunno

3. Dunno

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Gondolin

Gondolin
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the tips on the Interface Art, I'll check that out.

My most urgent problem is the Passenger/Turret issue. I believe Hostile knows quite a bit about it. The problem I can't figure out is how to get the passenger turret to be permantly contained by the unit upon creation. Do you have to use the OCL functions? I'm not sure I understand that whole TransportContainModule processs very well, but I haven't yet tested ingame (though I'm sure what I have won't work yet.)

#5 pabtyf

pabtyf

T3A Forum Moderator

• Project Team
  • 209 posts
  • Projects:Finally finished my degree!!!!
  • Division:T3A Staff

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

I've managed to changed pretty much every part of the interface.. If you need any help give me a shout (PM or email).
(btw I'm pretty sure the controlbarscheme file is redundant now, It's all done with the apt files.)

Edited by pabtyf, 07 July 2005 - 12:16 PM.

#6 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the tips on the Interface Art, I'll check that out.

My most urgent problem is the Passenger/Turret issue.  I believe Hostile knows quite a bit about it.  The problem I can't figure out is how to get the passenger turret to be permantly contained by the unit upon creation.  Do you have to use the OCL functions?  I'm not sure I understand that whole TransportContainModule processs very well, but I haven't yet tested ingame (though I'm sure what I have won't work yet.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I believe you can name the starting units of the TransportContain. Try putting this in your tranport contain code to see if it works.

InitialPayload        = YourUnits 4

Also, if you do not place buttons in the commandset to allow the unit to leave the transport than it should become permanant.

#7 Gondolin

Gondolin
  • Project Team
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:14 AM

Thanks Hostile, I'll check that out.

I have a further question concerning that. How would I have the passengers pop into the TransportContainModule upon a certain upgrade?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users