Naval Yard

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

The GDI naval yard is a build option on maps without water. Bug? Me thinks so.

#2 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

If your map only has declared The RA2 shipyards (Allied, soviet & yuri) has not buildable isn't a bug because the GDI & Nod shipyards are different buildings (& a non C&C:R map not have these 2 buildings). ;-)

Edited by FS-21, 07 July 2005 - 07:54 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#3 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:54 PM

unfixable unless good 'ol FS21 feels like editing all westwood maps to disallow its making... :sad:

see fan maps for example..they give naval yards for pure game as well while map not have water.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#4 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:12 PM

Alright. I usually remove the naval yards from my maps when I make fan ones, but some people are too lazy or just stupid. Anyway, spotted another bug. Was playing Nod vs. GDI, I was GDI on the right side. Map was Pinch Point. My elete Umagon was terrorizing their base. After blowing up miner after miner causing economic stresses, the Nod side randomly built a Soviet refinery with a Sov. War Miner, without the Sov. tech tree. I have attached a SS.

Posted Image

Also, this has actually happened 3 times this game.

Edited by Crazy Carl, 07 July 2005 - 08:16 PM.

#5 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:15 PM

I forgot to inlude this in the FAQ.

Due to the side emulation this is a secondary effect but I'll work in a solution based in the AI power plant idea (forgeting the use of a super patch that exist :sad: ...)

A question, your case is without destroy the Enemy nod base? :rolleyes:

Edited by FS-21, 07 July 2005 - 08:16 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#6 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:27 PM

No, I had not destroyed their base. However I was using Umagon's C4 charges on miners. They were forced to create more and more and sell from their base. It was an Easy AI. I simply forced them to sell their base. So in a way, I destroyed their base. Anyway, they sold their war factory for more cash, so they couldn't make more miners (stupid AI). Then they sold a refinery, and followed by making a Sov refinery. They sold that when I blew the war miner, and made another. I blew up that miner as well. They sold that, then made another sov refinery. For a total of 3. At that point I killed them.

EDIT:

I've noticed another thing with the new AI. I was playing a 6 player FFA with me as allies and the other 5 were all Easy AI sides, one of each side. The map was Bay of Pigs (2-6). GDI was located on the far left, but on one of the side spots, not one of the main 2 end spots. The GDI player only made like 1 minor attack the whole time. It just kept making more and more units and defence structures. I think I counted about 30 RPG's in that GDI base. Not to mention about 60 Jumpjets all just standing there in his base and probably 20 SAMs. He had turtled himself the whole game. Not sure if you meant for the AI to be this way or what, but it seems kind of silly for the AI to never attack. Don't hate me, I just notice things.

Also, I told you about this already, but I experienced and IE while playing on Arctic Circle online with a friend today.

Edited by Crazy Carl, 08 July 2005 - 01:32 AM.

#7 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

I've noticed similar AI issues...but the AI gets confused because of the side number, which is why it doesn't know how to react when GDI and Allies play at same time.

Bug: It seems there are some map problems. In the map select screen, if you look hard enough you'll find two map entries that say: MISSING:
If you click on 'em you get IE. Just so you know :p

#8 Guest_Best_*

Guest_Best_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This screenshot shows a GDI-Menu.
Will there be different Menus for GDI and Nod in the next Version?

#9 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

Isn't a bug, GDI/Allies must use the same sidebar except in the future with the RP addon that each side will to have a sidebar (currently GDI is a emulated side & share sidebar with Allies)

Edited by FS-21, 11 July 2005 - 12:11 PM.

#10 Guest_Bribro_*

Guest_Bribro_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

Not to mention about 60 Jumpjets all just standing there in his base and probably 20 SAMs.  He had turtled himself the whole game.  Not sure if you meant for the AI to be this way or what, but it seems kind of silly for the AI to never attack.  Don't hate me, I just notice things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same happened to me.. I was in Sinkholes.. 5 player, 2 vs 3.. me (NOD), my allied (GDI).. and GDI also built soviet rafinery, as Crazy Carl said..

Another bug.. my enemy made an ifv+engineer (repair vehicle), it kept moving around the repair bay and then it repaired one of my tick tank when it arrived near it :dry:

This is not a bug, but.. I think that tiberium shower is unbalanced, because it leaves tiberium all around, making impossible the construction of buildings in that area.. Human players can send some harvesters, but Artificial Idiot usually don't do this.. :lol:

#11 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:32 PM

Hmm, I have never seen GDI build Soviet stuff. I have seen Nod build a soviet Ref, and I have seen GDI build an aliied Ref. And yes, GDI is good at turtling. I find that a group of prism tanks and a few GGI BFs is quite enough.

#12 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:46 PM

GDI AIs shouldn't build anything belonging to the Soviet tech tree due to the side emulation method used by FS-21. It should only end up constructing Allied structures through this.

#13 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

TS Retro featured grey Nod SAM Site - can you add such in 1.0 version FS-21?

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#14 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

Not to mention about 60 Jumpjets all just standing there in his base and probably 20 SAMs.  He had turtled himself the whole game.  Not sure if you meant for the AI to be this way or what, but it seems kind of silly for the AI to never attack.  Don't hate me, I just notice things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same happened to me.. I was in Sinkholes.. 5 player, 2 vs 3.. me (NOD), my allied (GDI).. and GDI also built soviet rafinery, as Crazy Carl said..

Another bug.. my enemy made an ifv+engineer (repair vehicle), it kept moving around the repair bay and then it repaired one of my tick tank when it arrived near it ;)

This is not a bug, but.. I think that tiberium shower is unbalanced, because it leaves tiberium all around, making impossible the construction of buildings in that area.. Human players can send some harvesters, but Artificial Idiot usually don't do this.. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GDI wasn' like now (a side that wants "peace" :lol: ) & the problem is that was jammed by defensive triggers :dry: but I want rewrite all the defensive triggers before the 1.0 (but this GDI AI bug with the big number of jumpjets will be fixed in the v0.99b2)

I forgot disable the "IFV+engineer" trigger (was only for research) before the 0.99b1 release like the Nod repair vehicle, will be fixed :)

This AI problem could happens depending of the avalaible land that has the AI to build & if he can send & hasvest the tiberium but not always happens this case. Artificial Idiot always was bad in all C&C games :p

TS Retro featured grey Nod SAM Site - can you add such in 1.0 version FS-21?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Speeder, it was planned but after the 1.0 but because only is recolour can be done to the next update ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users