Help, please?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

I have done everything just as the instrustions on the site say but when I click on the .bat file is says "Bad command or file name"

#2 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:36 AM

What windows you have running?

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#3 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:18 AM

I followed what the site said too, it says that it can't find YR

I'm running Windows XP Professional

#4 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:25 AM

Good luck that I made these screenshots before the realase by precaution ^_^

This is your RA2 folder, then the C&C:R files should be placed in a new RA2 subfolder (in this case reloaded)
Posted Image

This one is the C&C:R folder with all the mod files:
Posted Image

Then if RA2 is placed in (for example) C:\westwood\RA2\ your C&C:R folder will appear here: C:\westwood\RA2\reloaded ;)

I think that I should to do a bit more clear the error menssages of the Mod Manager to avoid these type of questions.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#5 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

thats what i did whan i got the error

#6 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

an you PM the Screenshot error or tell me in what part of the activation crashed ("Enabling AUDIO of C&C:Reloaded... "Enabling MIX files of C&C:Reloaded... "Enabling other things of C&C:Reloaded... etc)? I have an idea but I need more info to be sure.

While your error is being investigated can you use the Mod Manager?

Edited by FS-21, 09 July 2005 - 08:55 PM.

#7 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:00 PM

@ Slye_Fox

Try using the .bat file instead of the .exe. I had to.

@FS-21

Maybe using a Clickteam installer.exe woulda been easier than programming your own...it's just caused problems :p

#8 theidiot

theidiot
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:42 AM

Ok well i dont want to make another topic but im having a problem too. When i start the mod manager it says Red alert2 not found. Heres a picture.

http://groups.msn.co...hoto&PhotoID=10 Sorry it wouldnt let me upload this picture as a picture so heres the link.

#9 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

Thanks by the picture, is better than 1000 words :p but not show in what folder are the C&C:R files & where are the RA2 files (C&C:R should be placed in a RA2 subfolder, not in a independent folder)

Finally I think that I need to do a MM upgrade to show in this type of error where is the C&C:R folder & "where" should be located RA2 to be detected :lol:.

Edited by FS-21, 10 July 2005 - 12:53 PM.

#10 Guest_MrRuben5_*

Guest_MrRuben5_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

Excuse me but the coding of the menu is very sloppy, and why do you use alot of loose files and not an extractor like xccml?

I can't run the mod because it says yr isn't found, and when I go in the batch I see that it checks for expandmd21.mix ???? Excuse me, but everyone will agree with me that Westwood didn't put that much effort into making patches and fixing bugs...

#11 Guest_Dr. Leo_*

Guest_Dr. Leo_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:42 AM

Excuse me but the coding of the menu is very sloppy, and why do you use alot of loose files and not an extractor like xccml?

I can't run the mod because it says yr isn't found, and when I go in the batch I see that it checks for expandmd21.mix ???? Excuse me, but everyone will agree with me that Westwood didn't put that much effort into making patches and fixing bugs...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's no need to be rude. I've been watching all of the hard work that FS-21 has put into this mod since at least early 2003, and the least you can do is show a little respect. Also be advised that this is a beta release, meaning that some things will be fixed later on. All of the expandmd files are used for the mod itself.

Good luck with trying to run the mod.

#12 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:19 PM

here is a pic

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.JPG

#13 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

This is a question for FS-21. Do you need the yuri patch 1.001 to activate the mod if you do then they might not have it because I ran it excatly the same way you said to run it my downloading first then move the MM Reloaded folder into the RA2 folder and just hit activate mod on the MM so and it works I don't know if the patch is needed but I do know that most of these mods have to have the patch to ran.

#14 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

You will need the 1.001 patch to run the mod. he unpatched version doesn't look for any expandmdXX.mix or ecachemdXX.mix files besides the ones already precoded to be found. When patched, it will actively look for and load any material in any additional files.

#15 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

So this maybe why the others can't get their mod to work because I have Reload working since the last Reload mod verison (before .99b1)I did not remove that patch at all.

#16 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:15 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MrRuben5 :dry:, it says that isn't found because:
1º) isn't installed in the right folder (can be unzipped in the same RA2 folder but to install it you must to do a copy of the "Mod Manager.exe" & rename it to install.ccr until I find how the program can know his own filename & then will not be required the install.ccr ;) )
2º) You has placed in the right folder the C&C:R files but you not have any of the required YR files to be considered "detected". Mod Manager scan if exist in the RA2 folder the next 4 files:
RA2MD.exe, ra2md.mix, gamemd.exe, expandmd01.mix. This ultimate file is VERY important because is created when you updates the mod from the v1.000 to v1.0001 and is required to ALL mods to have YR updated to the v1.0001 or they will not work well or simply they will not work.

If any of the 4 files aren't found will show the text "Not detected Yuri's Revenge" & by security will not continue ;-)
The next MM version will show if the YR v1.0001 isn't found in the RA2 (scanning if exist the expandmd01.mix that I said before) to forget this type of questions :huh:

Ah, and I disagree to use XCC mod launcher by few reasons that I said in the "information" comment in the download page of C&C:R :p

This is a question for FS-21. Do you need the yuri patch 1.001 to activate the mod if you do then they might not have it because I ran it excatly the same way you said to run it my downloading first then move the MM Reloaded folder into the RA2 folder and just hit activate mod on the MM so and it works I don't know if the patch is needed but I do know that most of these mods have to have the patch to ran.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I said the 1.0001 is always required (for this reason MM scan a typical file in the v1.0001 update and I think that the dosmenu does the same check, now I'm a bit tired to revise if is true but I think that yes)

EDIT:
I revised the dosmenu checks, only scan if exist these 2 RA2 files: ra2md.mix & expandmd01.mix & continue with the rest of activation/deactiavtion, if not exist then this error screen will be showed.

Edited by FS-21, 13 July 2005 - 10:29 PM.

#17 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

:p No FS-21 my mod works perfectly I just thought that maybe he doesn't have the patch and thats why it is not working.

Edited by Lurker, 13 July 2005 - 10:36 PM.

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:23 AM

I have a problem too, I will be playing fine then it crashes, and I have a problem with the Mod Manager just like this guy http://groups.msn.co...hoto&PhotoID=10
Also certain Models won't show up like the harvestors, Tick tank undeployed and many others. I put everything in a RA2 Subfolder, then I ran the MM but I get the same thing.

#19 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:48 AM

right, i have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated YR, and reloaded works
i think there were some reminants of blitzberg in the folder

Cool mod by the way

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:09 AM

I re-installed and updated, but everything was going fine (I failed to mention that I was playing in Skirmish), then it crashed again. Certain Models still wont show, incuding the Lasher Tank, Transpot disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users