Singleplyer missions?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:51 PM

Will Reloaded have Single Player Missions?

#2 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:57 PM

I don't see why it can't. You want to make them?

#3 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:32 AM

Single-player missions have been on the table for a while, though the main thing that would slow them down is the lack of briefing videos and appropriate voice clips. I mean, no mission is complete without something along the lines of "Where the hell are those reinforcements?? *kshckk*"

#4 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:55 AM

Well, mission videos would be a bit difficult. However, I'm sure there are some people who could impersonate the YR and TS voices. Cabal would be a bit hard, and anyone who can hit a James Earl Jones voice is a god, but it could be done. Or even just some random soldier. I do an alright russian. Maybe there could be a competition to see who could be the voices. Then they get a list of lines to record. Wouldn't be that difficult.

#5 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:46 AM

Will be single player campaigns but only I'll work in missions after the v1.0 release of C&C:R.

About the missions could be possible that for an espcial case re-use RA2/YR bink videos (these mini-videos that can be saw in the radar window) & convert if is required any TS mini-radar video if is required. the biefrings I would like investigate if the bink videos can be configured the frames speed & show the history in frames each "x" seconds (is only a theory that could work but as I said before I'll not think in campaigns until after the v1.0 release ;))

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#6 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:22 AM

Well, like I said, you could always just use voices. Get some people that sound like the In-Game voices and hand them a script. Sure, no video would be a bit taken off, but it would also reduce file size alot.

#7 Mr. Darkness

Mr. Darkness
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:24 PM

File size is only an issue if you're making the missions so they're bundled with the complete mod. If you offer them as separate downloads, you're pretty much good.

As far as missions go, you can offer the missions in one download and videos in another. The video download will replace a "placeholder mix" containing brief one-second videos for use in-game. It'll allow people to choose to play with or without the briefing videos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users