113 replies to this topic

#21 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:59 AM

Don't delete/close this topic, it can actually be helpful. I forgot about the its/it's thing, but now I remember.

The way I see it, the better your spelling is, the smarter you appear. And personally, I'd like to make a smart impression on people. Even if I make spelling mistakes once in a while, I try to do not. I'm too lazy to actually look up spelling of a word, so usually I take a word that means the same (as in this case, where I don't know how to spell Synonime).
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#22 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

and downloading hentai pron and showing dead people is high standards? wtf?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, is showing horrifically long IM discussions on forums high standards? :D

Not that im bashing anyone, im just making a point here :p

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#23 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:50 PM

Owned.

As said, he wasn't directing it at anyone. If it was implying anything, it was implying the people responsible to read it and do something about it. He put it in CNC Reloaded because a large congregation of people who contravene the 'how to not sound like a moron' pointers seem to appear there.

If I were him, I'd have cloned it in the MOAPYR and RA2 and YR Editing forums also :blinky:

#24 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:21 PM

OMG dis is so fuking cool. LOL!!! Yeah we get the picture :blinky:

Personally this topic would be better under spam, but i can't be bothered to click more than once to move it.

#25 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:33 PM

I love creating topics that I get flamed for. It's one of the best ways to entertain myself. :blinky:

Anyway, it is ok to talk with some form of casuality online, but it is quite another to speak in a language that nobody else can read. It's alot easier to talk to someone when you can understand what they said.

As was said, this wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just try to sound intelligent, and we just might treat you that way...

#26 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:34 PM

Agreed.

#27 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:22 PM

so what do u think a spam factory is for? meaningful discussions? people its some words not nukes falling on usa or something :blinky:

again i'm not offended but its a forum lighten up.
Posted Image

#28 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:54 PM

:blinky: Ok Crazy Carl and Fenring I see your point with people that type very crappie that is worse than gribbish but I will still type shorthand (lol,ASAP,wtf,btw and others)just to quicken the typing speed. :blinky:

#29 Lord Dragonclaw

Lord Dragonclaw

I am Epic.

• Project Team
  • 611 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Epic.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:03 AM

agreed ppl type like that for the speed its not a writing class in school
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:19 AM

and what do you mean by that :blinky:

#31 Lord Dragonclaw

Lord Dragonclaw

I am Epic.

• Project Team
  • 611 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Epic.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:28 AM

I mean that its easier to type shorthand so u can post faster. its not a school why should ppl be forced to write perfect? *remembers SHK* *shuddders* teh one forum that forcd its members to write with no flaws at all if they misspelled one word the mods/admins edited it and put (mods name) was here im bold italics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:40 AM

I kinda like the idea. Does it hurt you to add a "y" and an "o" to your letter "u" to get the proper word? Or is it really that hard to add a few extra letters to "ppl" to get the word "people"? The whole shortened IM speak has a place. This isn't IM. Use your little abbreviations in the medium where they might actually be used. Like maybe on your T-9 phone that takes forever to type a message. Otherwise, give me English.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#33 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:42 AM

I always typo you insted of your for some reason. Can't quite figure it out.

#34 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 27 July 2005 - 12:55 AM

An occasional typo is fine. It's people intentionally posting things in IM speak or 1337 that get me.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#35 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:28 AM

hay guyz lawl ¬¬

#36 BlckWyerve

BlckWyerve

The end of Tech civilization

• Project Team
  • 339 posts
  • Projects:Project? What Project? >_>
  •  Inside Looking Out

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:39 AM

This topic needs to be duplicated and pinned in every forum on the Internet. Just because this isn't school, it's not an excuse to look like a dumbass. Think of it like this; IM is like..the cafeteria. Anything goes, really. A forum is like a classroom discussion. You have to actually work to not look like a blubering buffoon in front of people.

#37 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:17 AM

:blinky: Ok I don't get the idea why you people think IM and messaging borads are related to school because IM and messaging borads are very close to what they are it is just that IM is instant messaging and message borads are for posting but still posting is like what you do at IM-ing and borads are not instant it just matters how long will someone will reply think of it this way since you guys are talking about school, borad messaging is like passing notes to your friends which you won't receive a reply right away and IM is like stand next to someone and talking to them but use proper english through and since the way of the future has came now you talk to your friends anywhere and everywhere they are to the internet by email,IM,message borads and if you know the shorthand words and the meaning of them it is ok to use them in some standards.Also I think people should learn what are the meanings of the abbreviations so they can be used properbly.

#38 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:19 AM

Exactly.

Nobody wants to read the text if they have to spend 3 hours figuring out what one sentences means when put back into english.

I'm saving this thing to my computer, to make sure it stays for a long time. I might even print it out. :blinky:

#39 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:23 AM

:blinky: Ok I believe there should be a vote on this very important topic if this should be kept or not and also who agrees with I just said.

#40 Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:11 AM

Well, up to this point, I don't think I've agreed with anything Lurker has said. So I would vote against him on this. Anyway, I just felt that something needed said, as forums everwhere are being overrun by fools. I'm finding these people's typing harder to read than a 3 year old's handwriting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users