#1 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:16 PM

A new day has dawned. Over the horizon, comes a new modding group. Slipstream Productions is a new mod studio dedicated to creating mods of the highest quality, yet still having fun doing it. We currently have three mod projects, including Halogen, Defcon, and the newly announced Ace Combat: Distant Thunder. Today is our launch day, and already we are blasting out information for you to see. Every single mod has an update today, and over the next two weeks, there will be an update from one of the mods every single day. For starters, there are new renders from Defcon, renders and ingame screenshots from Halogen, and renders and ingame shots from Ace Combat: Distant Thunder. You can see a sample of them below, and each one links to its mod site where you can see all of the newly released images, and full size version of all of them.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#2 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

This might be abit off topic, but is Ace Combat a sequel to Air Combat?

#3 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 28 July 2005 - 11:13 PM

No, it's not :p

*jaw drops*

Oh. My.

I think I'm going to fall in love with the ACO4 Mod. I hope it doesn't go TOO overkill on the fighters...is five per side too many? (Don't forget to add some bombers too, like the BlackJacks and Bears). I would have thought there wasn't much scope for vehicles, either, since ingame they all use the same.
Still, we all know that ISAF rule the air, Erusea rule the sea (I'd SO love to see the Tanager close-up, and I hope this mod gives me that chance), so it's fairly even I guess...

That mod, HaloGen and Only War might be what make me buy Generals on their release.

Clarifier: I LOVE ACE COMBAT 4.
Must...buy...AC05...

I didn't know you ran HaloGen, MM. :)

EDIT: Just checked unit lists of ACDT...my advice would be to change the standard Su-37 for the S-37 Berkut, for the sake of variety :) and also because I flew that plane more than any other until I bagged an X-02 :w00t:
Don't forget to include the F-4 Phantom in tiger stripes! :lol:

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 28 July 2005 - 11:26 PM.

#4 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:58 AM

Do you think there might be a Holoalert you know for red alert 2? Damn I wish I had C&C Generals to play that kickass HoloGen mod when it comes out, but I only have a Pentium 3 :w00t: which I need 4 to make it run better.

#5 Opals25

Opals25

Aiee!

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Projects:Being a dick.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:05 AM

This might be abit off topic, but is Ace Combat a sequel to Air Combat?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Air Combat came first by Namco, then Ace Combat 2, 3, 4, and now 5.

As for the jet lists, they're still not final. Some things will change overtime. We expect a more finalised unit list soon enoguh though.

#6 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:15 AM

I didn't know you ran HaloGen, MM. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't know I did either.
:w00t:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

#7 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

Oh. I stand corrected on 2 issues :p

It's just that HaloGen moved from Derelict with you, so I assumed you had some major part in its development.

#8 Opals25

Opals25

Aiee!

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Projects:Being a dick.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:57 PM

It started out between me and Mobius, Chrono came aboard on the idea, and Mastermind was able to provide us the webhosting. :p

#9 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:18 PM

Wow, even MM doesn't want to be hosted at Revora. I'd have soooo much confidence in my Revora hosting if I led a mod here...
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#10 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

I would assume it's hosted on the same server as Revora and the others though.

#11 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:33 PM

Wow, even MM doesn't want to be hosted at Revora. I'd have soooo much confidence in my Revora hosting if I led a mod here...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MM is hosted here. Remember, GenDev is here :p. MM's tools are here. His blog is here. He moved Defcon to improve the name of the new network that he is running with Opal, Chronomaw and the other guy I forgot the name. But Revora still boasts of great mods like C&C Reloaded, D-Day, Generals Only War, Contra, Vietnam Reborn, among many others.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#12 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slipstream is a separate project. Just because one of my sites is hosted elsewhere doesn't mean much. I still spend time here, and still work on developing Revora. The difference is that SSP is a better place for Defcon. GenDev is here because it fits here. You usually put things in the place that is best for them, no?
Posted Image

#13 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:11 AM

So Revora isn't a very well place for mods?
- SoulReaver

#14 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 01:15 PM

:D ComradeJ 1, MM 0.

I don't see how a new studio is 'better' or 'worse' a place for some Gens mods than Revora...maybe there's some alterior factor I don't know but yeah.

#15 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Revora is a very good place for mods, but he prefers SlipStream for one reason: The whole place is focused on creating (few) mods. All the staff concentrates their efforts on that, which doesn't happens at Revora, because Revora doesn't host only mods, but also host blogs, creative things, events, etc....
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#16 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Revora is a very good place for mods, but he prefers SlipStream for one reason: The whole place is focused on creating (few) mods. All the staff concentrates their efforts on that, which doesn't happens at Revora, because Revora doesn't host only mods, but also host blogs, creative things, events, etc....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like you agree...?
- SoulReaver

#17 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:51 PM

Does that mean I can get a personal blog hosted here :D?

#18 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Revora isn't a good place for a mod that depends on the generosity of others to do the 3-D work.

Does that mean I can get a personal blog hosted here :D?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.
Posted Image

#19 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:05 PM

Geeze, I can't believe you all slaughtered MM's announcment of SSP. We should be asking about it's direction, future projects, ultimate goals, which games it plans on focusing on, who else will be helping and so on.

Maybe some of the above replies makes a case for why this project is better suited on it's own.

#20 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, you might be right there.
What games will it focus on? The three mods hosted there look nice, but since I'm not really familiar with Halo or Ace Combat, it means a little less to me. Nonetheless it will be interesting to hear what it will focus on and how it will differ from the mods hosted at Revora.

Edited by Blaat85, 30 July 2005 - 09:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users