a nuclear tipped gattling cannon

ok against veliches
speical for mowing down infantry

usa

A Fortess
like a castle with 1 cannon per coner
caple of building dozers

usa super weapon gen

a chain gun comptle with a working paitort missle system only defends against air and missles

toxin gen should have a triple ballered toxin spewer
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:54 PM

For China might as well call it "Depleted Uranium Bullets" or something like that...

#3 Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*

Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

hmm lets see...

for the gla demolition general:

an advanced stinger site. deals MUCH more damage then normall stinger sites because it uses highly explosive stinger missiles. and its missiles travel much faster at least when fireing at aircraft. it also has slightly longer range. missiles also hit infantry more often instead of missing so much.

for the usa laser general:

a MASSIVE laser cannon. it takes up alot of space though and its capable of killing any unit in 1 hit (minus auroras). it costs alot and also needs ALOT of power. it can also shoot at aircraft but not recommended for anti air because its turret turns so slowly. it also has a long reload time to balance the 1 hit kill ability out. this defense also has a HUGE amount of health.

for the militia:

a missile launching defense site its sort of like a patriot it can fire 8 weak but fast missiles at once. (i feel the militia need better defenses) it can detect stealth and fire at air units too. the missiles are good vs tanks and air but suck vs infantry.

for all china:

a missile launching defense it isnt very good though fires 2 powerfull but slow missiles. long reload time best used as a support defense for gattling cannons untill you get bunkers with 5 tank hunters up. its cheap it costs 1000 and can also shoot at air but the missiles are slow so its not recommended for anti air. also different versions depending on the general you picked: nuke gens leaves radiation fields and explode like tactical nukes it costs 1400 for him. tank gens has anti tank missiles VERY strong vs vehicles and tanks it costs 1200 for him. infantry gens has 2 more missiles but its weaker in firepower costs 1100 for him.

for the gla toxin general:

a toxin factory. what it does is contaminate a LARGE area with gamma poisons. VERY strong vs infantry and can slowly but steadily damage vehicles. you can also controll it when you want it to poison the ground or you can turn it off if you dont want it to poison the ground just so you can avoid friendly fire. also because of this im thinking of a new upgarde for the toxin gen it makes all vehicles immune to toxins and all infantry gain chemical suits. well he IS toxin gen he should at least be able to resist his own poisons right?

for all usa: a machine gun nothing special just an anti infantry defense. detects stealth.

well anyway im done for now i got alot of ideas but i think ill stop right here. anyway vanguard if you can put these in the mod id like it alot. :rolleyes:

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:26 AM

the usa anti infantry would be nice and the china missle platform is a great idea too!

#5 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:17 AM

An idea for the United States: Modular Bunker.

This would have several versions. The most basic would simply house a number of infantry. All would have complete NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protection for its garrisoned troops.

Mortar Bunker - the anti-infantry version would fire high explosive mortar rounds at high rates against incoming infantry, slowing advances and allowing the garrisoned troops time to fight the attack back. Little damage against vehicles, unless it would be a direct hit against a light vehicle.

Air Defense Bunker - This would rapidly fire cheap, surface-to-air versions of the common AIM-9 Sidewinder. Very effective against slower moving air vehicles, such as helicopters and transports. Unable to attack ground targets (infantry still could, of course), but does detect stealth.

Anti-tank Bunker - The Americans have a new idea to fight back the masses of Chinese tanks: their own, modernized, home-grown version of the Krupp Acht-Acht. This 88-mm cannon, in World War II, was more powerful than larger Allied guns, and was just as capable of smashing B-17s fourteen kilometers in the sky as it was blowing the top off of T-34s three and four kilometers away (most anti-tank weapons of the war were effective at ranges up to 500m, American anti-tank weapons, in particular, were very under-powered in Europe, until the end). Ehrm, sorry, WWII is my field of study and I tend to lecture about it. :p

Laugh at me that you will, why in hell would the high tech Americans use a cannon? Especially one designed decades ago? Well, I happen to be awestruck from stories I read about the '88', so I chose it arbitrarily. :p But cannon today would still be viable in defensive purposes, as all the electronic countermeasures in the world designed to spoof missiles would be utterly useless against a shell. The cost of a depleted uranium round (what this would be, as it would strictly be for anti-tank work), would be far less than an expensive missile by a factor of at least 10.

Spark Bunker. This would not be a rip-off of the Tesla coil, nor a lame version of a laser turret. The Spark Bunker would be a permanent ECM emplacement. If it is able to be coded, units in its area of effect would be stealthed, incoming missiles (either targetted within the area, or merely passing through) would miss, and if this bunker targets a vehicle, a special missile with a small EMP warhead would disable the vehicle.

#6 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:52 AM

I like that modular bunker idea. How about an infantry bunker with space for one vehicle and can be upgraded like your idea with one of several weapons platforms?

Also, there's a thing I heard about a while ago called Metalstorm. It is basically a big box full of gun barrels. It has no moving parts, instead the bullets are lined up inside the barrels and are fired by running electricity through the powder. It can fire pretty much anything at one million rounds per minute. It is computer operated.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

The vehicle-garrisoning thing would be with the roadbloack idea I proposed, and if a hull-down position could be coded, tanks would be able to deply defensively by themselves.

Besides, if you garrison a tank inside a building, the building would have to be huge, making it a massive target, and the tank would have a very restricted arc of fire. :(

#8 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:08 PM

Metalstorm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wasnt that an old tatic in olden times to defend against arrows
Posted Image

#9 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:42 PM

I don't know but that's the name of a new weapon that hasn't entered service yet.

The building to garrison a tank might be big, but it could leave an opening all the way around it except for 3 very small points where the roof attatches to the body. Or, the bunker closes around everything except the turret to keep all capabilities of the unit.

Yes the roadblock is sorta what I was thinking of. Good idea.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:47 AM

Dragon's Teeth.

These are little more than concrete blocks arranged in a fashion that denies the enemy the ability to move vehicles through. They were an integral part in the Seigfred Line.

An upgrade, probably costing $2,000, would booby trap the positions with anti-personnel mines, slowing infantry advances through the defense.

To defeat this, the best way would simply be to go around it. Artillery would be of little value, but a massive, sustained bombardment might produce holes that a few vehicles could slip through.

#11 Guest_Wilko_*

Guest_Wilko_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:51 AM

Hi lads,

I've been watching this mod for a while and I've got an idea for the GLA. ( This has probably been suggested but hey :) )
How about a version of the Stinger Site that starts off empty, that you can fill with 3 of your own troops, much like the Militia Bunker.

It could be quite useful as you could put 1 Rebel in with 2 RPG Troopers, making an anti-infantry and anti-armour defence.

Just a thought....

#12 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:15 AM

Dragon's Teeth.

These are little more than concrete blocks arranged in a fashion that denies the enemy the ability to move vehicles through.  They were an integral part in the Seigfred Line.

An upgrade, probably costing $2,000, would booby trap the positions with anti-personnel mines, slowing infantry advances through the defense.

To defeat this, the best way would simply be to go around it.  Artillery would be of little value, but a massive, sustained bombardment might produce holes that a few vehicles could slip through.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea. I think there is something like that called hedgehogs or tank traps. Unless the USA absolutely has to have something more advanced, every side should get them because they are nothing but three steel beams stuck in the ground that tanks can't drive over. USA gets some that come with 7th Panzer's roadblock. Maybe all USA defenses can be upgraded with them, if China uses trenches they can get them(without them tanks can roll right over trenches, and with a few upgrades they won't even know it) and GLA Workers builds them individually, and in their case they can't be seen until they get close.

Anyway, they are really tough to destroy because it's hard to hit them with a tank shell and missing is unlikely to seperate them enough to drive through, so the best option is some little guy with a pack of C4.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:12 PM

My ideas for any side revolve around these principles:

China: permanent, lower-tech (compared to US) defenses. The theory being they are more likely to be defending fixed positions.

GLA: Cheapness, in both cost and honor. Hence why I have few ideas for them:P

USA: Prefabricated buildings, in that they'd be shipped in a C-130 and plopped down where needed, augmented by high technology units.

Dragon's teeth were the concrete structures simply designed to deny tanks crossing; hedgehogs were those weird, x-shaped structures that you may remember on beaches. They were often boobytrapped, and designed to tear the bottom off of landing ships at high tide (when the amphib landings were most likely to occur).

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:14 AM

Just make the militias 50 cal have a longer range.
That is all.

#15 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:18 PM

Yeah I remember hearing about the hedgehogs stopping an amphibious assault, but they're also useful for stopping tanks because they can't drive over them. I think they're common in most countries.

Panzer I like your ideas for the general defenses. Maybe USA defense structures are built in the form of a vehicle at the Command Center/War Factory and you simply drive them into position and unpack it? Or, for a slight price increase, call in a C-130 like you said to drop them anywhere. Can either of these be coded?

China just builds them with Dozers.

GLA Workerrs build defense structures, but you can pack them into a truck(included with the structure) and take them somewhere else. Maybe you can do that with several structures. Not the Tunnel Networks, though.
Posted Image

#16 Guest_00 Nobody_*

Guest_00 Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:09 AM

My ideas:

1. Laser Gen. gets a Mini Particle Cannon instead of the fire base or PAL base, like his mobile particle cannon. :lol:
2. Nuke Gen. gets a Nuke Cannon, like a fire base, but much more powerful and much slower at firing. :cool:
3. Toxin Gen. gets a toxic cannon, like a fire base but with anthrax spreading shells. ;)
4.Tank Gen. gets a tank bunker, but able to hold 2 tanks instead. ^_^
5. Airforce Gen. gets a cruise missile launcher instead of legionnare missile system. ^_^
6. Supw. Gen. gets a rail cannon as a different type of fire base, like her rail tank. :wub:
7. Demo Gen. gets a HE cannon, fires HE arty shells. :blush:
8. Infantry Gen. gets a propaganda cannon, a weak, fast firing artillery (arty) with a gattling cannon and a propaganda tower mounted on it. ^_^
9. Stealth Gen. gets a sniper site, powerful against Infantry, and fits the fact he brags about his snipers being able to kill all your men, heard in the Gen. Challenge. ;)
10. Leang (If she remains, which I would like) A firestorm cannon, (also goes to China) which fires a napalm shell, creating an instant firestorm. :dry:
11 GLA: stealth bunker, which is a camo-netted (built that way) bunker, able to hold 6 men. :D
12. China: Firestorm Cannon (See 10.). :p
13 USA: fire base that has 2 cannons, $500 more expensive, also an alternative to regular 1 cannon fire base. :)

Tell me what you think of these. ;)

#17 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:22 AM

USA: Defensive Fortress

(Ripping off from Karl's ideas, and about everyone elses' too) Huge fortress, with a Patriot Missile System (not the sissy Generals one, but a huge monster of a missile launcher that can shoot down missiles and planes alike with 90% accuracy using really powerful, big missiles). There would also be a Metal Storm Gun (stolen from Link) that can mow down infantry like wheat to a scythe, and kill tanks within three seconds of withering fire. Garrisonable with up to ten troops. Level 5 Gen point needed. :p

Laser: Laser Vanguard

Rapid-fire PAL Base, with a wicked gattling laser cannon that can pick off tanks and planes easy as pointing out cattle at a slaughterhouse. Garrisonable with five troops, who man the other laser guns.

Super: Artillary Base

Fires Tomahawks in triple bursts, then if enemies get close, it reverts to an EMP discharger, firing concentrated EMP energy, which damages the enemy as well as shut it down.

Air Force: Drone Station

Uses a team of powerful drones to launch attacks against attackers.

12 Drones, 4 of each.

Anti-Tank Drone: Fires two missiles, then has to fly back to the station to reload.

Tank Drone: Basically a Mini-Crusader, these fire a tank shell and a PDL/targeting laser.

Air Drone: Very fast, with long range, these can attack planes with a pair of missiles. Not good armor though.

The actual base can be garrisonned by three soldiers.

#18 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:00 AM

if you ask me the GLA needs improvement a better anti infantry defence like something like a quad site would be better than a 50. cal site but likewise it would be more expensive.

the nuke cannon firebase sounds like a good idea because of the USA firebase being a shell based thing, china needs something like a firebase.

By the way general leang is long gone... since PR 5.0 i think
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#19 THEEVERGOD

THEEVERGOD

I am TEG, bow down before me!

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Projects:The PR Mayhem Map Series. Currently on PR Mayhem 2
  •  The Almighty PR Unoffical Mapper, TEG!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:37 AM

if you ask me the GLA needs improvement a better anti infantry defence like something like a quad site would be better than a 50. cal site but likewise it would be more expensive.

the nuke cannon firebase sounds like a good idea because of the USA firebase being a shell based thing, china needs something like a firebase.

By the way general leang is long gone... since PR 5.0 i think

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had already sugested the quad site in my idea's. And yes the boss general was taken out due to bug issue and the fact that you can only have a certain amount of teams to AI so AI for her could not be created as well as Militias I think.
THEEVERGOD, Fear Me!

Posted Image

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:03 PM

i guess we think a little alike then Evergod...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users