* "Map loading" screen showed a random selection of Soviet-type graphics and colours - Lybian, Cuban, Iraqui.
* Graphics and captions for options in "Structures" menu looked nothing like those in the RS manual, more like a mix of RA2 and RA1.
* No sound - so no "construction complete" or "unit ready". Considering everything built ridiculously fast even on the slowest game speed setting, I was probalby falling miles behind the AI.
So I quit - and noticed that XCC Mod Launcher for RS did not offer a "deactivate the mod" option the way it does with AR2.
Then I tried to play AR2 - that's when things really went sour:* "Map loading" screen showed a random selection of Soviet-type graphics and colours - Lybian, Cuban, Iraqui - instead of Nemesis or Genesis.
* First time I started a map, I immediately got "the computer has been defeated".
* The 2nd time, nothing on the playing area screen at all, so I couldn't even deploy my MCV.
* No music or sound.
* Conclusion: RS corrupts or fails to restore the standard installed files.
Then I tried standard YR:* All graphics appeared normal.
* No sound, so no "completed" announcements.
Finally I tried standard RA2 - same results as YR.
BTW I have the YR 1.001 patch and no other patches.
Looks like I'll have to scrub and re-install RA2 and YR.
Edited by Apollo, 03 September 2005 - 02:15 PM.