Philcha's Reports

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 philcha

philcha
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

The manual says the Nexus Zephyr Drone requires Rader. But in the current version of RS it requires Tech Centre.

#22 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

I believe that Comrade Jerkov has not updated the manual yet because there are some changes he needs to add.

Edited by Lurker, 17 August 2005 - 03:54 PM.

#23 philcha

philcha
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:15 PM

Example: on map Bering Strait (one of the original RA2 maps) from start position 6 (bottom, quite far to right) there's an ore field NNW of the start (it's on the way to start position 4). My Drone Miners could not get up the ramp to this ore field because they got stuck at the point where they have to go round a cliff and immeditely up the ramp.

The problem may be specific to some units in RS, as I've had no such problems with Allied Chrono Miners or Soviet War Miners in the same position on the same map.

Or it may be a RA2 / YR problem - I've just noticed it with a few other units - Siege Crawlers (walkers), Wraith artillery (hover).

Edited by philcha, 17 August 2005 - 11:58 PM.

#24 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:11 AM

Example: on map Bering Strait (one of the original RA2 maps) from start position 6 (bottom, quite far to right) there's an ore field NNW of the start (it's on the way to start position 4). My Drone Miners could not get up the ramp to this ore field because they got stuck at the point where they have to go round a cliff and immeditely up the ramp.

The problem may be specific to some units in RS, as I've had no such problems with Allied Chrono Miners or Soviet War Miners in the same position on the same map.

Or it may be a RA2 / YR problem - I've just noticed it with a few other units - Siege Crawlers (walkers), Wraith artillery (hover).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Partly RA2/YR bug, the ai likes to get stuck :blink:
Posted Image

#25 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:25 PM

Yeah. I'll change this. It's not THAT major, though to be honest...it's only the manual. The gameplay's what's important, right? :blink:

I update based on:
a) Things I observe myself ingame
b) Things Apollo tells me have changed.

I don't build Zephyr Drones when I play NEXUS, so any changes are more likely to be told me by Apollo...who has made no mention of this to me.

Anyway, next time I do an update of manual I'll change this. I'm not uploading a new fresh version just for the sake of three words.

#26 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:36 PM

There is answer ^

Solution: Don't build so near cliffs... :blink:

#27 Nyerguds

Nyerguds
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

:blink:  good old ROTD reverse engineering  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite... since I worked on the ROTD exe.

#28 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:02 PM

XCC Launchers stop responding the first time i use them on a Windows 'session'. I dont know why, but when i click to start the mod it does it. Same with every mod that uses XCC Launcher though.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 Gamr973

Gamr973

Self Proclaimed Forum Zombie Ninja

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 03:30 AM

Wasent westwood mostly under the control of EA when they made this game? if so they cannot be blamed for this after all Generals is proof that ea is not good with command and conquer.

u dont use zephyre drones? theyre good for secureing areas like techbuildings and ore fields send these along with some heavy robot tanks and u can defence a navel positon or defend pretty much anything else.

Edited by Gamr973, 10 March 2006 - 03:34 AM.

"Im not retreating, Just fighting in the other direction."
Posted Image

#30 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:22 AM

My tactics work differently than others. :sad: Still...this thread is 3months old...no need to revive it for this :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users