65 replies to this topic

#61 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:12 AM

We will have to agree to dissagree. A Catholic can't convert a Jew, a Jew can't convert a Muslim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn right ye are. Yet still the US is trying to convert Afghanistan and Iraq into capitalist bastions. The culture is just too different.
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#62 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

besides you two being crazy... :p Seriously, these people live capitalism everyday. It's called a market where haggleing and negotiations for materials and goods happen everyday.

They are the essence of capitalism. If you ever did business with middle eastern people, you would know them to be the toughest negotiators, the highest to scrutenize, and the most knowledgable in the rules of the game at hand.

It's a workout doing business with such people. So don't tell me they are not capitalists. They are the TOUGHEST.

#63 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

So if they carry out your ideals better, who are you to bring your type of govenment to them? It should be the other way around then...
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#64 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:36 AM

We're not bringing any form of economy to them, they are capitalists. The only thing we've brought is democracy.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#65 theliberator

theliberator

Octoberfest :) Oans, zwoa, gsuffa

• Project Team
  • 533 posts
  • Projects:Rise of the Reds

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

The only thing we've brought is democracy.

What still has to be proven by history!

#66 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

The Federal Republic of Germany, France, Japan, Italy, most of the Balkans, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Denmark. The United States and the Allies brought democracy back to them from the clutches of Nazi tyranny. You brought up history, not me.

There is no country on this earth more capitalist than Saudi Arabia. They're sitting on the majority of extractable petroleum, you can't tell me that they're not going to be quite capitalist due to that. Not to mention, countries like Iraq, Kuwait, and Iran are also sitting on the same oil. Wouldn't they be capitalist too? Of course. They want a buck as much as any other person on the planet.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users