an idea for the super weapon general

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*

Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:56 AM

ive got another idea this time for the usa super weapon general. ok my idea is a new super weapon for her an EMP cannon. what it would do is simple: it fires a blue particle beam upwards but the beams wider and bigger. anyways when it hits the area you target it explodes in an EMP flash shuting everything around it off and causes a mini earthquake dealing around the damage of a nuke. it also shakes the screen as well as sends units flying in random directions.

well what do you think vanguard? id realy like it if you could put this into the mod. maybe as a replacement for the ICBM or particle cannon or a new weapon. :blush:

#2 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:32 AM

That is not a bad idea, Destroyer.

There was a movie a while back, I forget the name, but it had a space-borne weapon system that caused an earthquake. Feasibly, it would shut down electronics in its area of effect.

#3 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

That's like a Nuke and an EMP bomb combined... Both of which already exist, on China's side even.
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#4 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:27 PM

The movie was Goldeneye, I believe.

#5 Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*

• Guests

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

That's like a Nuke and an EMP bomb combined... Both of which already exist, on China's side even.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes but the nuke and EMP bomb arent fired together plus the EMP bomb could be shot down this cant and the nuke doesnt send units flying in random directions. and the idea isnt a nuke for usa its a new weapon one that makes an earthquake and EMP flash shuting everything around it off and dealing slightly more damage then a nuke does. that and i think an EMP super weapon would be good for the super weapon general she does use EMP defenses so why not have an EMP based super weapon?

#6 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

You wouldn't have to combine a nuke and EMP. In reality, a nuclear blast releases a massive EMP when it detonates. I agree that it should be included.

Also, the Superweapon Gen should have a nuke with less radiation and maybe an EMP. For the effects, make the Chinese mushroom cloud look darker and deadlier while Alex has a nuke that just does a bright flash and not much of a mushroom cloud. The USA has the largest nuclear arsenal in the world, but they like to keep civilian casualties to a minimum.

Also, I think the MOAB was originally designed to be on a cruise missile. You could give the MOAB Storm to Alex using the Tomahawk Storm skin. Every other USA general gets the MOAB-equipped ICBM.

Is there any way to make the radiation cloud spread across the map in a random direction without showing it until people start dying? That would make people think twice before building 500 nuke silos, especially if it can kill people inside buildings.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*

• Guests

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

like i said im not trying to combine a nuke and EMP bomb with this idea more like make a new weapon one that releases a earthquake and EMP blast that shuts everything off not a nuclear blast.

#8 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:22 PM

Good idea, but it sounds like something that would be hard to put on an ICBM. Give something like that to some planes(Aurora?). Anyway I think Superweapon Gen should have nukes.
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

make the SW general ICBM an EMP ICBM rocket

#10 Guest_Guest_destroyer_*_*

• Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

Good idea, but it sounds like something that would be hard to put on an ICBM.  Give something like that to some planes(Aurora?).  Anyway I think Superweapon Gen should have nukes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no not on a missile i meant a new super weapon and a new building for it the EMP cannon. it fires a gigantic particle beam that makes an earthquake and shuts everything off in an EMP blast.

#11 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

Goldeneye and Under Siege 2, was the ones I was thinking of.

#12 Ace22

Ace22

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:43 PM

Would the EMP cannon do the damage of a particle cannon, too?

#13 Pals

Pals
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

How bout a giant emp sphere. Like a giant blue ball that deals damage equal to a particle cannon but also disbles everything (minus infantry) in the blast radius (if it isnt killed). But the emp radius would be slightly larger than the actual damage radius.
I live in the Middle East. And, no! I don't ride a camel!

Sometimes you are the only one who can make a difference.

What exactly is 'normal'?

Don't ask questions you don't want answered.

#14 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:06 AM

I think it should deliver damage in a single pulse of energy, rather than over a period of five seconds or whatever it is.

You could give some bullshit reasoning that the energy of a nuclear blast is focused into a single concussive discharge, EMP and all, delivered right to your opponent's door.

They'd still pay for shipping.

#15 Ace22

Ace22

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:47 AM

I could think up the Bullshit. :blush:

#16 Pals

Pals
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:50 AM

I think it should deliver damage in a single pulse of energy, rather than over a period of five seconds or whatever it is.

You could give some bullshit reasoning that the energy of a nuclear blast is focused into a single concussive discharge, EMP and all, delivered right to your opponent's door.

They'd still pay for shipping.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like that, so does it seriously reduce the cost of this weapon :blush: , seeing as they pay for shipping fees. Just kidding!

Edited by Matt, 16 August 2005 - 04:51 AM.

I live in the Middle East. And, no! I don't ride a camel!

Sometimes you are the only one who can make a difference.

What exactly is 'normal'?

Don't ask questions you don't want answered.

#17 zerozf01

zerozf01
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

mini emp rockets launch from a missle pod n able to turn around ?? or something like that

#18 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

I like the single-shot particle cannon. Call it a pulse laser or ion cannon and say it uses the same orbiting mirror as the PUC. Give it a relatively small blast radius(the USA is careful about killing only their target, not everything around it), EXTREME damage, and a powerful EMP. If it hits an infantry unit that relies on electricity(Minigunners, Burton's C4, Hackers' laptops) shut off their weapons but allow them to move. Can that be coded?
Posted Image

#19 Guest_7th_Panzer_*

Guest_7th_Panzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:35 AM

I disagree about the effect of the weapon against infantry.

Break out the marshmallows, they're gonna fry!

#20 Ace22

Ace22

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:48 PM

I think that can be coded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users