YNT Bug/Changelog

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

Struggling for spare time

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:20 PM

These apply to the most recent public version of YNT:A.
Known Bugs
1. Soviet AI builds Boris too early(before battle lab is built). *Fixed, but still testing*
2. The AI as the Terror Troops crashes at game start.

Other Changes Needing Addressing
1. Advanced Tech mode not complete.
2. Advance Wars mode not complete.
3. Star Wars mode not complete.
4. Star Trek mode not complete.
5. Terror Troops AI.

And of course, if you have one to report or if you'd like to make a suggestion, I'm all ears. :dry:

Edited by Yurisarmy, 26 August 2005 - 01:15 AM.

Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#2 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:38 PM

I found the Allied AI making a Yuri taskforce bug.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#3 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

Check the TechLevel setting in the AI file for Boris. It might be set really low instead of at 10 like it should be.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#4 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:15 AM

Yep, I didn't change it to 10. Seems to be ok, but still need to run some checks. Total Armageddon seems to work again, now that I have Rock Patch 1.06. List updaterized.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#5 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:13 PM

I think you need a few basic triggers for the Terror Troops to prevent a game crash.

You might even have a missing HVA in there somewhere too. :shiftee:

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#6 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:57 PM

I got the basic triggers, and I checked for missing hvas, but the stuff is still in the works. It's already much better now than it was earlier. :sad:
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#7 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

I hope it works. I want to try it out. :sad:

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#8 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

Hi there! Okay from now on I'll post my suggestions here. As I was saying please add a handsome hero aircraft unit with unlimited cluster missiles for land targets for the allies that takes-off and lands anywhere like a chopper since its aegis missile for air targets can't be put on a true aircraft that needs airpads. Or you can make it better but the all-around capability is still there. And for Yuri, how about an additional powerful evil henchman?

Please reconsider my idea in distributing the Allies' country-specific powerful tanks to the Soviets. I don't think the Soviets can match-up well in the game mode where I get to play the all the country-special units of the chosen side. This will make the air-vs-land battle interesting! As for Yuri, I don't know.. maybe make his air, ground and naval units balanced as possible.

Thank you for hearing me out!

#9 eva-251

eva-251
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Projects:New Star Strike
  •  A Person

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

They match out fine. Heard of Kehen Nuclear Tank? or Stryker?

#10 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

Yeah, the Soviets get quite a bit of side-specific power(Stryker) but there aren't many other side-specific tanks. There are lots of aircraft so I will balance everything out with what's available.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#11 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:05 AM

If you are considering my sugestion on the hero aircraft of the allies, I think it would be better if it is not a hovering aircraft. I tried some other mods and some "chopper-like" aircrafts can be made on an airpad or on service depots even. I wonder how the modders do it. However, the said aircrafts must leave immediately from their docking station so as not to take-up space; eg on an airpad, so that another "true" aircraft can be made after the "chopper-like" aircraft has left its space. You can name the hero aircraft Gen. Voxeler's Strike Eagle or something like that! :lol:

I noticed that in most mods, if the units are produced more quickly some units, like the IFV's which can be produced very quickly compared to most vehicles, their production is reduced to a half. for example if I click on to its cameo 8 times, the war factory will only produce 4 and so on. I have to click it once after an IFV is out of the war factory to produce the desired result.

Thank you very much!

#12 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:58 AM

Also F-2002s are way too expensive compared to the Black Falcons.

#13 eva-251

eva-251
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  •  A Person

Posted 15 September 2005 - 06:48 PM

Also, I have told Yurisarmy about this, and has been fixed most likely. A good build speed is .35 to .4. Not too fast, but pretty good.
*Thinks of Juggernaut Tank, SS Army
12000 cost, .35 of a minute for each 1000 credits. Not only that, 20% slower buildtime for the SS Army.

Hero aircraft units dont seem real logical. I mean a Super Tank or a Commando I understand. :roll:

F-2002s, well, have u used them In a anti-building role yet?
"Use F-2002s to level enemy buildings"

Also to Yurisarmy: Will there be any changes to ships to make Ship to Ship Combat more fun? Also, is the Destroyer stronger? I HATED how a mighty destroyer, the workhorse of the navy gets sunk by a tank with a 120mm Gun. You can always do what I did, and replace Missile Armor with Ship Armor. I can do warhead %s for you aswell as strength values.
Make the Destroyers warhead different, increase the damage it does to vehicle armor types by 25% or so. Make the Damage somewhere around 120.

Edited by eva-251, 15 September 2005 - 06:52 PM.

#14 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 15 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

Good suggestions Eva, and yes they have been modified from then.

@Margwapogi: You raise an interesting point about the F-2002. It and the Black Falcon are both effective towards the same target(subject to change now that I think about it), however the Koreans have a reputation of having a badass air force, which is why they are so powerful at their price. The F-2002 on the other hand is available to two countries instead of one.
So here are my changes for the Black Falcon vs. F-2002 issue:
F-2002: Higher armor, general building attack
Black Falcon: Price increase to 1850, lesser armor, specific building attack(for example defenses only, instead of everything)

As for naval combat, I will look into the tank vs. ship combat and try to improve it so the Destroyer isn't so weak against tanks or powerful against other ships.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#15 eva-251

eva-251
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  •  A Person

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

Destroyer, powerful aganst other ships. WTF? Um, the Destroyer is the only notable direct naval combat unit. Sub does not count.
So do you want the Ship armor replacements?

#16 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:58 AM

I used F-2002's to level buildings. Yes they are effective but compaired to the 3 powerful shots of the Black Falcons, they are quite overpriced! Since you are planning to make the Black Falcons defense structure specific, you might wanna leave their speed and armor the way it is. Do you ever consider lowering the price of F-2002's?

#17 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 16 September 2005 - 01:11 AM

Destroyer, powerful aganst other ships. WTF? Um, the Destroyer is the only notable direct naval combat unit. Sub does not count.

What I meant by"...Destroyer isn't so weak against tanks or powerful against other ships." was that they don't get overpowered towards other ships when given increased attack/defense towards tanks. I figured that was implied.

@Margwapogi: The F-2002 used to be even more expensive than it is now. Perhaps a price reduciton to 2200-2400...
And for a hero aircraft: Top Gun General [InsertNameHere] or something. :dry:
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#18 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:34 AM

[quote name='Yurisarmy' date='Sep 16 2005, 08:11 AM']
[quote]
@Margwapogi: The F-2002 used to be even more expensive than it is now. Perhaps a price reduciton to 2200-2400...
And for a hero aircraft: Top Gun General [InsertNameHere] or something. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Top Gun General Margwapogi!! :cool: just kidding! How about your name? Or some Korean name, like Kim or Young, since they have the most dangerous pilots in the world. This guy must have trained the Black Eagles and the Black Falcons.

#19 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hmm yeah, a Korean guy would work best for it. Good idea! General Yung of the Korean Air Force!
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#20 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:57 AM

I'm glad you liked my idea! But please make the hero aircraft unit with the Korean General available for all the Allies. Ok?

Do you also consider adding "spies" for all sides? Spetznaz will do for the Soviets. His inability to cloak makes up well with his ability to attack and hijack vehicles. Yuri should also have a spy of his own with unique abilities like arming it with the chaos gas weapon for tanks and viral darts or psionic blast for infantry.

And while you're at it, why not make the Stolen Tech Units distributed for the other sides as well? I noticed that in YNTA mod there are new 6 Stolen tech Units. If you want you can distribute them in the following manner:

Allied Spy to any battle lab: Allied BMP and Allied MiG
Soviet Spy (Spetznaz) to any battle lab: Twin-Barrelled Howitzer and War Master Tank
Yuri Spy (Scourger, Stupor, Hallucinator, Distorter or any name you have in mind will do) to any battle lab: Laser Tank and Su-27 Flanker

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users