YNT Bug/Changelog

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

Struggling for spare time

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

While the Allies do get most of the Stolen Tech stuff(which I'll move some of it around), there should be specific items you get depending on the battle lab you infiltrate, not depending on the spy.
Example: You're the Soviets and you capture an Allied side's base, you build an Allied spy and infiltrate a third side's(who happens to be Soviet) lab, so you can get Soviet tech using an Allied spy.

I wil of course make the hero aircraft available to all Allies, just as Kehen is available to all Soviets.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#22 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

If you want you can still consider the list I mentioned about stolen tech but this time instead of the Allied/Soviet/Yuri Spy to any battle lab, replace it with any Spy to Allied/Soviet/Yuri battle lab. But the Allied MiG and Allied BMP should change their name obviously. You might wanna consider making the Soviet BMP as a stolen tech vehicle only because it has the same functions as Flak Truck.

How about Yuri? Will he get a new hero unit too? How about Cyborg with immunity to dogs and viral darts, and eqquipped with a long range all around armor piercing gattling gun for infantry, vehicles and aircrafts and grenades for structures. Think of it as a cross-breed of Arnie Frankfurter and Sammy Stallion.

October is somewhat near! Please make the size of your mod as minimal as possible so that people like us who still rely on dial-up modems won't get so frustrated. If you want you can make separate patches for campaigns and add-on music. Or please make a "lite" version.

That would be all for now. (Is that a 'whew!' I hear?) Good luck on your mod! I shall be eagerly awaiting it!

#23 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

You might wanna consider making the Soviet BMP as a stolen tech vehicle only because it has the same functions as Flak Truck.

No, Flak Tracks are anti-air/troop, while BMPs are amphibious and anti-troop.

Please make the size of your mod as minimal as possible so that people like us who still rely on dial-up modems won't get so frustrated.

I hear ya on that one. I'm one of those dial-up users, and it's a pain for me to download/upload anything as well.

Campaigns won't be ready for the next beta until I get everything ready for them. And you're right, a 'lite' version without themes or backgrounds(except for title screen) will be made. The lite will still be at about 7mb, as my previous one was about 6.7mb. The full version will be in excess of 22mb so far(But I still gotta clean up so it may go down slightly).
And no 'whew!', lol, as long as it's not spam, I could care less how long your post is. :sad:
I'm doing some weapons coding and got some pretty nifty ideas so you'll be busy nuking your opponents in the next release.(or vice versa) :lol:
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#24 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:16 AM

I also noticed that the Germans does not match-up well in air war. Do you consider a tech airport aircraft for them like France? The stolen tech Allied Mig is too expensive compared to the Flanker Aircraft. The Flanker, by the way is my favorite unit, has 3 shots and can annihilate the Construction Yard with just a single missile! And the Dagger is quite disappointing because I thought that the effects will be pretty much like a lightning on weather storms but instead it functions like a more powerful and costly MiG that shoots tesla bolts. Some mods have units that cause small scale lightning storms. If you want you can try that.

I'm sorry but to tell you honestly I don't play the fourth side. I know it is still on the development stage. But the real reason is that the Rockpatch does make the game crash whatever the version is. If you will notice I only have suggestions for the original three sides. Or is it just my computer?

Thanks again!

#25 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:02 AM

Do you consider a tech airport aircraft for them like France?

Yup. Each country's getting one.
I would make the Dagger like the lightning bolt planes from other mods but I dislike having the cloud that goes with it, and it may cause graphical ugliness otherwise.

I'm sorry but to tell you honestly I don't play the fourth side. I know it is still on the development stage. But the real reason is that the Rockpatch does make the game crash whatever the version is. If you will notice I only have suggestions for the original three sides. Or is it just my computer?

That's ok. I usually don't either. No it's not you, it's probably the AI, which is what I don't understand, as it should work as I have it set up. So it very well could be the Rock Patch and something that's supposed to work but doesn't. We'll have to ask PaD about that...
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#26 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:06 AM

The game still crashes even if I don't choose the 4th side when I use the Rockpatch. But the new attack cursor, blood and decaying bodies and other effects are still there even if I don't use the patch.

You mentioned that you planned to decrease the build speed of units. This may solve the war factory "congestion" problem wherein vehicle units are produced only half of the desired number. I believe some units also are too slow for their cost. That is, vehicles that are cheap are produced quickly but if too slow like the paladdin it will roll out slowly from te war factory causing hindrance of the production of other vehicles. Does this also contribute to the congestion problem?

Also I noticed the following strange unit that AI Yuri builds. It has the name 'missingname:ttharv' or something like that. I thought it might have come from other mod residue. I checked the Ra2 folder and used the RA2YR Clean-up program but still it appears.Attached File  missing.bmp   11.4KB   98 downloads

#27 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:22 PM

The game still crashes even if I don't choose the 4th side when I use the Rockpatch. But the new attack cursor, blood and decaying bodies and other effects are still there even if I don't use the patch.

Odd... It shouldn't be crashing as long as the AI is NOT the Terror Troops, although it should be safe for any human player to be so.
The new attack cursor and the bloody death anims don't rely on the Rock Patch. I directly modified the cursor file; I didn't add any frames to it.

You mentioned that you planned to decrease the build speed of units. This may solve the war factory "congestion" problem wherein vehicle units are produced only half of the desired number. I believe some units also are too slow for their cost. That is, vehicles that are cheap are produced quickly but if too slow like the paladdin it will roll out slowly from te war factory causing hindrance of the production of other vehicles. Does this also contribute to the congestion problem?

Yes and no. The build speed has been corrected to prevent the 'half-production' problem, however the Paladin is a slow vehicle, so it's not really a bug, just a slight inconvenience to have a slow-mover built right before a fast-mover like an IFV or Drone. The AI still sends a lot of its taskforces(so many, in fact, that it doesn't send as much to attack you) to protect its own base, so they tend to clog their bases up really easy. This fix is already under way.

The MISSING:NameTTHARV unit is the Terror Troops Miner. How it got to Yuri I'm not quite sure, but probably due to the way I had Owner= and Forbidden/RequiredHouses= set up, which is ok now. What do you think of its Soviet-originated design? :D

I'd like to hear some more input from the rest of you viewing the forums too! It's been mostly Margwapogi and me, don't be shy. :p
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#28 Margwapogi

Margwapogi
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:29 AM

Of course the speed of the Paladin is not a bug. I believe it may help if you set the speed and price equivalence of new tanks to the old tanks just to minimize the congestion problem on war factories.

For example, make the speed and price of expensive, slow new tanks more or less like the Battle Fortress.
For somewhat expensive, slow new tanks like that of Apocalypse.
For moderately expensive, slow new tanks like that of Prism Tanks.
And so on..until for fast, cheap new tanks like that of Terror Drone.
You can always play around its power and toughness to compromise for its cost. But you told me the problem is fixed so.. what the heck! :)

I found out that constructing 2 War Factories helps solve the congestion problem. If I click on the IFV cameo 2 times, the 1st one will roll out of the primary and the 2nd one out of the other.

I notice that Yuri is not yet ready for true aircrafts. The aircraft cameos do not grey out when the aircraft is occupied.

Yes the concept of the Terror Troop miner is nice. And please make the cameos and the voxels of the new units not too smoooth so as not to destroy the Red Alert 2 game feel. I guess that's what makes it unique and special compared to the other RTS games.

#29 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:04 PM

Yup, building multiple war factories allows for the vehicles to keep coming out, and it also decreases unit build time as well.

I notice that Yuri is not yet ready for true aircrafts. The aircraft cameos do not grey out when the aircraft is occupied.

I assume you mean the cameo doesn't grey out after you fill up your airpads.
My testing shows it's not a Yuri problem, but perhaps a possible limit to the number of entries in the PadAircraft= list that the game will affect. Like with BaseUnit= which could only support 3 units, this tag only supports so many entries and discards the rest. The exact number I don't know, and I'm not sure if my theory is correct.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#30 eva-251

eva-251
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Projects:Star Strike, Cold War
  •  A Person

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:06 PM

One thing I have seen is that the B-2 Spirit and Paladin are ridiculously slow.
My Recommendations:
Make the B-2 Spirit have a speed around 14 or 15...
And make the Paladin have a speed of 3 or 4.

I will be willing to do cameos for Terror Troop units such as the Terror Jeep, which using a HMVEE cameo, could be made... Hold on, I will get one.

The Flanker, by the way is my favorite unit, has 3 shots and can annihilate the Construction Yard with just a single missile! And the Dagger is quite disappointing because I thought that the effects will be pretty much like a lightning on weather storms but instead it functions like a more powerful and costly MiG that shoots tesla bolts. Some mods have units that cause small scale lightning storms. If you want you can try that.

If that is true Yurisarmy, well you need to fix it. I have learned from Star Strike and Stalemate that no matter how expensive it is, 2500, 5000, or 10000, a 1 Hit knock out unit is bad. Make it take more than its payload. If you want I can go through warhead correction as well.
EVA-251 Modding: Star Strike and the Cold War
-Star Strike: A TC for Yuri's Revenge, featuring an array of powerful units and weapons for everybody. One of the few TCs to attempt to make naval combat interesting.
-Cold War: A TC for Yuri's Revenge which brings you into the 1950's, 60's, 70's and 80's. Play as the Americans, their allies and NATO, utilizing the best in technology from the 60's up, or the USSR and its client states and the Warsaw Pact as you take the battle from the plains of Germany to the waters of the Pacific.

#31 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:13 PM

The Flanker is still not the best choice when attacking base defenses. I'm not sure if it can still take out a ConYard now that the ConYard's strength is increased. I haven't checked it yet. I may make another Jeep cameo myself.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#32 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:53 PM

oooo yo this mod dun yet
i mean it's new version
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#33 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:12 AM

No, but it will be really soon. :sleep:
There's just a few things left to go over before release.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#34 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

aiight, uh thats it
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#35 Amadeos

Amadeos
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

You should make the Enterprise a bit weaker (gun-wise) because I took out three AI's w/ just eight, or have a build limit on them. (I know its not complete)

If you wish I can get a few Cameos for some of the units. Cuz it sort o' looks odd having the X-wing's cameo (for example) a Terror Troops Logo and have it say classifide. Good Job on the attack couser and the old "Missing Cameo"

:Supported mods:
Sudden Strike__Mental Omega__Reloded__Xeno's
RA2 Renegade__Robot Storm__Purple Alert__TNTA*
Not in any order

YNTA*-----------*****: Very destructive! GJ
Purple Alert-----*****: I just Love it! GJ Marshal!
Mental Omega--*****: Extreamly Fun! GJ!
Sudden Strike--****(): Like it could have harder AI
Reloded---------****(): Love it dispite the minor bugs!
Robot Storm----***()(): Very Fun
RA2 Renegade-------?: Dunno!
Xeno's-----------------?: Dunno!

*Yuri's New Terror Armageddon

#36 Amadeos

Amadeos
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:22 AM

You should make the Enterprise a bit weaker (gun-wise) because I took out three AI's w/ just eight, or have a build limit on them. (I know its not complete)

If you wish I can get a few Cameos for some of the units. Cuz it sort o' looks odd having the X-wing's cameo (for example) a Terror Troops Logo and have it say classifide. Good Job on the attack couser and the old "Missing Cameo"

Here are the Cameos
Attached File  Cameos.ZIP   17.07KB   91 downloads

Not in any order

#37 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,918 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:57 AM

rofl he stopped modding ages ago but hope he returns some day.

Edited by Allied General, 26 November 2006 - 03:20 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Amadeos

Amadeos
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:09 AM

Oh.... ^_^ lol

Not in any order

#39 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,272 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 29 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

Those camoes arnt even in the correct palette.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:18 AM

Thanks for your comment on the Enterprise and the cameos*. I'll get to that when I get home.

*I'm on my aunt's compy so I'll have to wait till later to see.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users