• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#1 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

~:+: FeNRiS :+:~
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:check out Code Red ^_~

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:40 PM

alrite i need some comments about what to put in the next patch soon so pls give ur suggestions here! and also bug reports....

stealth units - reverse the role? currently only mobile aa can fire at them... wat if now only the pac-3, s-300 and rapier can do so? more realistic this way too! :D

soldiers - make them more useful by making them uncrushable? wat other things i can do to make them more useful?

replace f-15, f-117 and tornado with f-22, f-35 and eurofighter? CR is set in 2010 anyway..

P.S comanche stays coz i like it very much :rolleyes: , and for gameplay balance :lol:
Posted Image

#2 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

I need a few more games first to get an impression.
However English airpower seriously sucks and needs to be upgraded.
Each of their planes should be a bit more effective against their resp. targets.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#3 Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*

Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:26 PM

alrite i need some comments about what to put in the next patch soon so pls give ur suggestions here! and also bug reports....

stealth units - reverse the role? currently only mobile aa can fire at them... wat if now only the pac-3, s-300 and rapier can do so? more realistic this way too!  :D

soldiers - make them more useful by making them uncrushable? wat other things i can do to make them more useful?

replace f-15, f-117 and tornado with f-22, f-35 and eurofighter? CR is set in 2010 anyway..

P.S comanche stays coz i like it very much  :rolleyes: , and for gameplay balance  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First thank you you have very good job but

1)Alf need improve on sea units
2)spies is unstopable

And general i think alf is a bit weaker from other sides

anyway now i think the geme is more balance between 4 other sides

please add more units and improve ai
good job keep woking

#4 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Projects:Absolutely Nothing

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:04 PM

1) Let UK build deployed Rapiers instead of deployed Patriots.

2) Give UK Warrior and Chinese WZ551 AT-Missles, to match US,ALF, and Russia's APCs.

3) Replace Russian BMP-3 and BTR-80 with BTR-90, combine 2 units into 1.

4) US: Remove Apache, keep Comanche. Both have same weapons, but Comanche has stealth capabilitites.

5) Russia has 2 rocket-based artillery. Remove BM-21, ALF use it anyway.

6) Russia: Remove Mi-24F Hind, it is just a combination of the abilities of the Mi-26(transport) and Ka-52(AT-Missles and Machine Gun)

7) ALF has no transport helicopter.

8) Russia and China have no CAS jet. ALF has no "anti-defense structure" jet.

9) Remove Type 90 rocket artillery from China so that each side has 1 rocket artillery and 1 mobile artillery cannon. Maybe remove SSBMs?

10) If possible, give rifle infantry grenades/grenade launcher when elite and deployed(prone) and give jeeps/Humvee a grenade launcher instead of MG when elite.

These are just some suggestions and ideas I've had for a while, let me know what you think and if any are good enough to be used.

Edited by QuiGonJosh, 26 August 2005 - 12:12 AM.

When it's over, so they say, It'll rain a sunny day.

#5 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:31 AM

I've never had a problem w/ Brit airforce except next to US or Russia (whose bombers and aircraft carriers are haxed beyond all belief)... but maybe thats just me. I think the Brit fighters are fine compared to China and ALF.

The ALF is underpowered, but realistically so. If you can think of something unique to add to their navy instead of just boosting their destroyer it would be cool.

I disagree w/ changing the APC's simply to 'match the other sides'. There are better ways to balance things.

I don't think ALF SHOULD get a transport chopper...

Keep SSBM's. They're more interesting and require more tactics than Arty/MLRS's. Not all sides have em anyway.

Try and leave sides unique.

Right now they (essentially) all have the same tank, ifv, arty/mlrs, and aircraft. Their damage and armor differences are negligible. They shouldn't all be the same!

#6 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

well there is a 'slight' difference, its just too small to be noticable i guess :p

--> QuiGonJosh

maybe i'll remove the bm-21 and type 90 from russia and china

what if i remove the hokum instead of the hind?

russia, china and alf airforce is meant to be tat way, not all sides hav anti tank building and defense aircraft

about making BMP-3 + BTR-80, seems to be a nice idea

uk airforce seems fine, they have all the aircraft tat fills different role

why every1 thinks ALF is weak?

and no1 answered my Q from the 1st post ; _ ;

whew so much 2 reply sry if i cant reply all XD
Posted Image

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:52 AM

late game ALF just gets pawned too quickly but the other sides stronger, best units.

ALF rely on early rushes and can't sustain long fights.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*

Guest_Guest_Gouz_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

Alf is very weak in sea buy in land the thinks is more balance maybe a self destruction ship or a ship who can capture enemy ships(like propagada ship) will be good idea also alf will not have a good anti-submarine weapon

#9 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:20 PM

"stealth units - reverse the role? currently only mobile aa can fire at them... wat if now only the pac-3, s-300 and rapier can do so? more realistic this way too!"
--Seems like a good idea. Right now, the Pac-3, S-300 and Rapier don't seem very useful since mobile AA has the advantage of being able to shoot at all air targets and ground targets as well.

"soldiers - make them more useful by making them uncrushable? wat other things i can do to make them more useful?"
--Making them uncrushable could make them more effective in a long game. Any soldier would move out of the way if a tank was speeding towards him and since the infantry can't auto-scatter to avoid being crushed, this woud be a good choice.

"replace (f-15, f-117 and tornado) with (f-22, f-35 and eurofighter)? CR is set in 2010 anyway.."
--Maybe do a poll to see which set of jets people want to see in the next version

"what if i remove the hokum instead of the hind?"
--Maybe removing the Hokum would be a good idea and since CR is set in 2010, replace the Mi-24F Hind with the Mi-28N Havoc

"ALF rely on early rushes and can't sustain long fights. "
--Maybe give ALF a new building(after constructing a strategy center), something to represent, in the CR storyline, France entering the war (in Chapter 7?) and giving ALF some advanced military units. This could allow ALF to train/construct French units. Possibly a AS 665 Tiger and a Leclerc MBT. This could give ALF what they need to sustain a long fight, but it's a big change.

"Alf is very weak in sea"
--add a ship that can deploy mines at sea?

#10 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:54 PM

thx for the input, i like the idea of ALF having french units but its kind of um..... extreme :shiftee:

about naval unit laying mines...i think i'll make Osa II comeswith 5 mines ready to be deployed?
Posted Image

#11 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, I know the ALF with French units was extreme, but since it is mentioned in the storyline that France will turn against the US and is already allied with the ALF, I thought something along those lines could be possible.

#12 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, I know the ALF with French units was extreme, but since it is mentioned in the storyline that France will turn against the US and is already allied with the ALF, I thought something along those lines could be possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

damn those frogs :shiftee:

demo ship seems like good idea
Posted Image

#13 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:28 PM

"what if i remove the hokum instead of the hind?"
--Maybe removing the Hokum would be a good idea and since CR is set in 2010, replace the Mi-24F Hind with the Mi-28N Havoc

The Hind is a 25 year old design, and its 2 uses (transport and attack) are better done by the other Russian choppers available (Halo and Hokum). The Havoc and the Hokum are the current competitors to replace the Hind as a night-capable attack chopper.

If the choice is between the two, my vote goes to the Hokum easily because of it's more distinguishing features. It was the first attack helicopter with a single seat configuration (though a 2-seat version is supported), and its dual rotors (and lack of a tail) are... awesome. The Havoc is just a Russian Apache.

#14 KorJax

KorJax
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

Heres an idea: How about making it so basic infintry (the infintry you get when you first build a barrics), can caupture enemy buildings if they are red and if you have 10 of them enter it (if its possible)? Sorta like how RA1 was when you captured buildings (the building had to be red).

Or, how about basic infin can capture simple things like Barrics, but not CY's, ect when 10 or so enter one?

#15 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

None of that can be done...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Projects:Well I'm working on life.....

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:04 AM

make helicopters regenerate but only when deployed (makes since I think)

if you make infantry uncrushable boost the tank machine gun just a tad up

the ai need the greastest work in stead of 9 tanks make it in the middle of the game launch 20 or 30 or and have 6 artillery and laong range missle launchers (like after 10 or 12 minutes by then you should have a base that would give a force like that a run for its money)

bring back the pill box for us

make helicopters a little less resistant to tank shells also longer range snipers and soildgers come on lets be realestic if you have a m4 you can with out doubt fire more that 2o or 30 feet in front of you and with a sniper mabe like 300 to 350 feet would be nice

in real life a tank would do alot more damage to just about everything (if you do make the tanks better (and more realistic in that case) increace the price of them I mean if youre worried about them being to expensive for quick imedite use thats what the apc's are for I mean what is it if not a lighter version of a tank in the battlefield

this is just a sugestion I understand if you delcline but you could either make a realistic nuclear missle or relace it for another type of missle (come on a nuke would wipe out 20 bases in real life)

I personally think the aromor on all ground vechilicles should be toughened just a little tad more

also the ai needs lots more defence in both air and land

I think there were a few other things I cant rrmemebr at the moment (ill edit it if I remember)

but all the things said I think would extreamly make the game more realistic but I understand if you decline on most of the suggestions its just from b to c after all and it is your mod but I feel like these changes would help thanks for the opertunity of listing others opinion.

well after I read the other post if you take out the koham and leave the hind make it so it satys in the air autimaticly it gets annoying having to undeploy a helicopter to defend your base while your lauching an attack else where I am very serious about that statement

and no dont take out those vechilcles that fire the gint rockets I dont want to play with a bunch of cloned sides with deferent names and I think you should keep the 2 tanks in china and russia but give thim cool weapons like before (although I would think they be given to the more advanced tanks since they pwned infantry)

Yes alf need alot of work (although they all need alot of work)(ai wise)

the alf with french weapons is a brialliant idear but shouldnt that come with a new building like a trading outpost are something although it would work with a stratigy center to

(btw I was just thinking doesnt the year 2010 have to do with ghost recon lol)

ok heres 2 more yes do something about spies im tired of winning by sending a bunch of spies in

and yes change the british aircrafts to the ones you sugested

the idear about taking out the apache and leaving the commache with same weapons but with stealth abilitys is a good idear I think

Edited by Our Last Hope, 28 August 2005 - 05:24 AM.

Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#17 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:56 AM

"I think the jet that fires all the bomb things 2 ammo and also the super machine guns I think its bombs should do just a tad bit more damage to defence structures"
--do you mean the A-10 for US? If so, it was only meant to combat enemy armor and infantry. The F-117 is, like all anti-defense structure jets, is a one shot kill and has the advantage of being invulnerable to static SAM defenses.

"well after I read the other post if you take out the koham and leave the hind make it so it satys in the air autimaticly it gets annoying having to undeploy a helicopter to defend your base while your lauching an attack else where I am very serious about that statement"
--8doczzz1 made a good point a few posts above about the hokum/hind debate, I think his idea is the best

"and no dont take out those vechilcles that fire the gint rockets I dont want to play with a bunch of cloned sides with deferent names and I think you should keep 2 tanks in china and russia but give thim cool weapons like before (although I would think they be given to the more advanced tanks since they pwned infantry)"
--You mean the missles for the T-80U(Russia) and the flamethrower for the T-85_(China)? I didn't even notice they were gone.

#18 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

yah your right about the a10 my bad(its a little late lol) but I think everything else is right (I lookied over what I said and I thing it all makes since and no im not fixing all the grammer in that post but I am keeping it edited for new I dears I added 2 more things on it already and changed some wording (also took out the a10 comment)

yes im going to agree with 8doczzz1

and yes they are gone and personally I think they should be put back but for the flamethrower you should make it against only infantry if you put it back
and for the t80u either make it for only infantry are infantry and tank if you put it back (not sure what would be more effective against a tanks a missle are a cannon?)

Edited by Our Last Hope, 28 August 2005 - 05:26 AM.

Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#19 KorJax

KorJax
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

Yes, well i realize that you cant possible make it so 10 or so infintry can take over a building. Cause, IRL, an engineer going in a barracks is gonna do jack. No matter how much he tinkers with the insides of the building, there will still be enemy soldiers occupying it, and essentually still having it there.

People do "stands" and battles when they capture buildings, not some feasable, unarmed, engineer just walks in and everyone inside pulls a Yuri slave. Just think how Generals did it to see what i mean. Although, yes, your right, i have absolutly no idea how to possibly get this working.

How about a unit called a "Specialized Squadron", and it looks like a group of basic infintry (that has the supplies/tools/weapons neciscary for a base capture)? And the Squadron is the only unit capable of captureing any non-civ building (as in, anything that isnt garrisonable). Although this might look very ugly in movements and the vox's/shp's might be messed up. Not to mention the infintry death animation (although, the Rock Patch, aka the hack mentioned before, allows support for up to 80 or so more infintry death animations).

#20 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:31 AM

well that would be cool (really nice thinking) but like you said im not sure if i'lll work out but hey you never know :grin:
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users