• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Projects:Absolutely Nothing

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:34 AM

I have two PCs in my house on which I play CR online often, this problem occurs only on my newer computer, only when playing an online game, and only with the current Code Red version v0.96b. The black shroud that covers most of the map at the start of a game. It iis partially transparent and I can see the trees, rocks, and even enemy units and structures. After I move a unit over some terrain, a fog of war effect settles in, it is more transparent than the shroud. I can still see the enemy through the "fog" and I can still target the units and structures. However, when the unit I told to attack arrives, it actually won't attack. It's like I can't attack something I target with this "fog" in the way. I know this might have something to do with my new computer, but I didn't have this problem with v0.95. Has anyone else had this problem?
When it's over, so they say, It'll rain a sunny day.

#2 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

~:+: FeNRiS :+:~
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:check out Code Red ^_~

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:59 AM

must be the FogOfWar=yes line i changed! :p i'll note it down :)
Posted Image

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:40 PM

Did you replace the shroud.shp with fog.shp FeN?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:50 PM

nope i didnt

will it bring bak fog of war if i did? putting gap generators in every map is tedious and i dont intend to do it @_@
Posted Image

#5 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

QuiGonJosh did you have any mods installed prior to CR?

Asking because the possibility Mig Eater mentioned is the one most likely to cause this.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#6 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:16 PM

I have played other mods prior to CR v0.96, on both of my computers. I ran the RA2 Clean Up program before installing v0.96. This only happens on my newer computer with a ATI Radeon 9550 256mb and not on my older computer with a Voodoo3 16mb, and it only occurs with v0.96b. So I know something on my new computer is part of the problem. I'm going to try completely uninstalling RA2 and YR and start from the beginning again, to see if maybe something is left over.

#7 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

Before you do that, search your Ra2/Yr directory for the file fog.shp
If you remove that, the "Problem" should be solved :shiftee:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#8 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 09:42 PM

I could not find fog.shp in my RA2 directory, but I did find something new when testing this fog of war.

1) My other computer does actually have the fog effect, it was just harder to notice on its older monitor.
2) The fog is in v0.96, it was not caused by the patch.

I don't know for sure if anyone else has this problem, so I'm not certain that v0.96 is the cause, it might be a leftover file in my RA2 directories. I also don't know why the fog effect would be absent in offline skirmish, but only in online games.

#9 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:09 AM

Hmmm does this fog occur on a specific map or on any map.

Posted Image

#10 QuiGonJosh

QuiGonJosh
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

I've tried official maps and custom maps and the fog is always there, but only online games. Has anyone else played v0.96b online yet? Has anyone else noticed this fog of war?

--I've also tested unmodded YR and various other mods in both offline and online games today and none of them show this fog of war.

Edited by QuiGonJosh, 27 August 2005 - 12:19 AM.

#11 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:34 AM

must the line i added then. i'll remove it in patch c :p
Posted Image

#12 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Projects:Well I'm working on life.....

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:17 AM

if your talking about a patch c already could I make some suggestions?
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users