Suggestions for Infantry

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

Now, there are crazy idea and aircraft idea threads, but there aren't any for infantry. This mod is by far the best mod I've seen for ZH, and these are my suggestions for US infantry. Comment on them, tell me if it can or can't be done, or add your own suggestions. :p

(1) Remove the Marine, or make it availiable to a certain general

(2) If it's possible (I know absolutely nothing about coding :lol: :) ) remodel and retexture the Ranger. Also if it's possible, give him a gun similiar to this. This is the next standard issue of the US military, and if it's going to be in service as long as the M16, then you should use this.

(3) Now use the exact same model and textures and make some varients like a Designated Sharpshooter, Auto-Rifleman, Grenaidier, etc. Each of them should be armed with a gun similiar to the varient shown. (Keep the Pathfinder, he's cool)

(4) Also use the same texture and model for the anti vehicle soldier and call him something realistic, yet cool. :grin:

(5) For the SpecOps use a slightly different model with slightly different textures and give him the carbine. (I'm not sure, however, if you can fire grenades from a grenade launcher under a gun without using the original animation since for the Chinese Grenaidier you used the same over the shoulder design.) Whenever he fires, make it have a silenced sound. If you can, make it so he's stealthed even while shooting, but is expensive and has little armor.

This mod is great, and personally it would be better if you did this. If you can't that's fine, but it's just my idea. Comment if you like and post your own suggestions!

#2 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

humna human human human bout the guns there great

and theres some good ideas here
Posted Image

#3 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

Step away from the Marines son, them be my favorite defensive units. :grin: :p

2 fire bases, 8 marines, and 2 patriot nothings coming through that gap except...

gulp... aircraft. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#4 Yarry

Yarry
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:52 AM

unless your super weapon general, the emp pusle from just 1 of those can take out 2

#5 Guest_Guest (Topic Starter)_*

Guest_Guest (Topic Starter)_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:01 AM

Yeah, that is true. Super Weapon general rocks. :lol:

But, anyway, I really like the Marines, too. But I think they're really out of place with any general except the Super Weapon general, since she's a marine.

To add to my post above, I was wondering if it was possible to add camo, too. I know it probably wouldn't be easy to add good details to foot units, but at least give 'em something to blend in with. :grin:

#6 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:19 AM

I think the Air Gen should have powerful infantry forces. Remember, Air Force personnel need to be trained for all situations because if they get shot down there's no way to know where they will land.
Posted Image

#7 Pilot. Eddie

Pilot. Eddie
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:28 AM

Now, there are crazy idea and aircraft idea threads, but there aren't any for infantry. This mod is by far the best mod I've seen for ZH, and these are my suggestions for US infantry. Comment on them, tell me if it can or can't be done, or add your own suggestions. :p

(1) Remove the Marine, or make it availiable to a certain general

(2) If it's possible (I know absolutely nothing about coding  :lol:  :) ) remodel and retexture the Ranger. Also if it's possible, give him a gun similiar to this. This is the next standard issue of the US military, and if it's going to be in service as long as the M16, then you should use this.

(3) Now use the exact same model and textures and make some varients like a Designated Sharpshooter, Auto-Rifleman, Grenaidier, etc. Each of them should be armed with a gun similiar to the varient shown. (Keep the Pathfinder, he's cool)

(4) Also use the same texture and model for the anti vehicle soldier and call him something realistic, yet cool. :grin:

(5) For the SpecOps use a slightly different model with slightly different textures and give him the carbine. (I'm not sure, however, if you can fire grenades from a grenade launcher under a gun without using the original animation since for the Chinese Grenaidier you used the same over the shoulder design.) Whenever he fires, make it have a silenced sound. If you can, make it so he's stealthed even while shooting, but is expensive and has little armor.

This mod is great, and personally it would be better if you did this. If you can't that's fine, but it's just my idea. Comment if you like and post your own suggestions!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) Nehuh, marines are way TOO cool.
2) That gun i believe is the Heckler & Koch XM8 which is NOT the standard issue rifle and may not be, not if FNCR, Colt and many other companies have anything to do with. By the way, FYI, only the standard variant would b used, all the others are demonstrations of its capabilities, trust me, the M16 had a lot of different variants and the AK.
3) Sounds about right
4) hmmm, how about ub3r 1337 man?
5) This gun would be known as the M4A1 Sopmod ( a fully moddable gun with the new piccatiny rail system ( scopes, silencers, torches, lasers, reflexes and an M2O3 grenade launcher can be attached firing a 40mm grenade), and yer the spec ops needs a new skin.

First post great mod guys.

#8 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:35 AM

Yes it is the XM-8, and it will replace the M-16 fairly soon. A lot of those variants probably will be used. Another gun someone should use is the XM-29 OICW. Only two will be distributed to each squad of nine people, while the rest will probably have XM-8s by then. Here's more info on the XM-8.
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Topic Starter_*

Guest_Topic Starter_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:47 AM

Although it is being debated, read this before you say the varients don't exist yet. :grin:

5) This gun would be known as the M4A1 Sopmod ( a fully moddable gun with the new piccatiny rail system ( scopes, silencers, torches, lasers, reflexes and an M2O3 grenade launcher can be attached firing a 40mm grenade), and yer the spec ops needs a new skin.

Colt M4A1 Sopmod
-5.56 Standard NATO Ammunition
-Gas Operated, Rotating Bolt
-370 mm Barrel length
-700-950 rounds per miniute
95% of that recited by memory. Don't mess with me when it comes to military hardware. :p

Anyway, I'll stop being a show off now. :lol:
1) Read my second post.
2) Read above
3) Thank you
4) I agree!
5) See above, and yes, Spec Ops needs a new skin.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:50 AM

Sorry for double posting, but link.the.first posted before me. I'm a slow typer... :grin:

However, last I heard, the XM-29 proved to be too expensive and heavy and I believe it was scrapped. It was such a nice gun too.

#11 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:09 AM

It would be too big to give an entire squad one each, but a grenade that would detonate as soon as it is within kill range would be pretty handy, not to mention the anti-tank abilities and the six-round magazine. Also, you could load it with flash, frag, incindiary, smoke, tear gas, whatever. If I went into combat, I would want one(unless they have something better by then).
Posted Image

#12 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:15 AM

This is my first post under this account (I started the topic) and I would have to agree with you. The OICW is something I'd want, too. It's too big for a standard issue, but it could be given to select members of a squad. I saw it on a show on the History Channel. When they fired it, I couldn't believe what it did to the target, especially with it's grenades! They fired it through a window into a room filled with targets. This was my reaction to what it did:

:grin: :lol: :p :) :lol: :thumbsup:

Great gun. Really should be issued.
Posted Image

#13 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:25 AM

New unit for the XM-29: Commando/Officer/Colonel

He can fire any of these grenade tpes from his rifle:
White Phosphorous: Burn...BURN!!!!!!!(better known as Willie Pete)

Smoke: Friendlies in the cloud are stealthed. Enemies are completely blinded. If someone else outside the cloud spots for them, they still have no accuracy.

Flashbang: Enemies are stunned and can't shoot anything(slight chance they might shoot randomly) and will walk around in circles if you give them an order. Friendlies cover their eyes but the thing still deafens them so they are a bit less effective.

High Explosive/Frag: KABOOOM!!!! Very good against groups of infantry.

Uranium: A DU shell that can breach tank armor.

Edited by link.the.first, 28 August 2005 - 03:25 AM.

Posted Image

#14 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:48 AM

Nice. :p So I'm guessing he'd be a replacement for Colonel Burton? I especially like the white phosphorous idea. Just think what that would feel like getting hit by that in real life, though. :grin:

Anyway, I can see it now. Getting dropped in by Blackhawk, deep behind enemy lines, XM-29 in hand... :lol:
Posted Image

#15 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:49 AM

No, Col Burton would be turned into an upgraded version of one of these guys.
Posted Image

#16 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

col burton should have e shock nades

black loatus should have a suduce ablity (to make viechles join ur side)

and jarmen kel shoud have a demolise abliltty

a plane comes in drops dead bodies and demolises the units in the area
Posted Image

#17 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

That would be copying another mod, I think it was Boss Gen. Burton should have an XM-29 and better skill with it, Lotus needs a gun and the R/C ability to remote control tanks, Kell needs booby traps and Hostage ability(grab some dude and hide behind him, if they try to shoot Kell they kill the dude first) and the Militia hero could be the Lawyer, who sues enemies for damage. Whenever the enemy kills something around him, they have to pay the other side for it and a little extra for funeral arrangements.
Posted Image

#18 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

I thought of something and went into world builder to see if I was right. I put Col Burton in and zoomed in on him.

This is what I got.

Then I did a Google search for the OICW and this is what it looks like.

It doesn't look exactly the same, but anyone notice some similarities? :rolleyes:
Maybe EA did something right for once. That'd be the first time in history! :dry:
Posted Image

#19 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

The X-m8 is the Spec Ops rifle.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#20 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

Wait, what do you mean? I opened up the world builder and put in a Spec Op and he was still armed with what I call the long, black stick. Do you mean he will be armed with it in 7.0 or what?

While I was there, though, I noticed the SEAL is armed with an exact copy of the OICW. It looks exactly like it, from the placement of the magazines to the trigger. Very nice work :dry: , I can't wait until he can be built in the Barracks ingame (unless I'm missing something :rolleyes: ...)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users