Can Chrono Frigates hit land targets?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 philcha

philcha
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:34 AM

Playing Nexus v Allied League, the most-recently made of my Siege Crawlers went past a Chrono Frigate right on the coast and destroyed it. On land a single Chrono Prison beats a single Siege Crawler, or any single land unit. Can Chrono Frigates attack land units? Can they attack buildings (I know Chrono Prisons can't)?

#2 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:19 PM

yes they can but they must face the target in order to do so as its fixed turret instead of turning so most likely it wouldnt have time to turn around in time and they can attack buildings but like legionnaire/chrono tower, it isn't instant like chrono prison erasing is...

btw, please don't make a new thread every time! I do watch the older threads anyway... :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#3 philcha

philcha
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

Thanks, Apollo.

Looks like a few more notes for the manual - sorry, CJ!

I'll add further comments / queries to "Pilcha's queries" (NB that thread mis-spells my handle).

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:09 AM

I'm pretty sure the Chrono Frigate is documented as attacking ground targets...so long as they're in range, mind. Oh well.

I can't update it just now anyway. I need the BankGothic MD font that I've been using...damn new comp. If someone has this font, can they attach it or link to it here? Thanks.

#5 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:05 AM

Why not bring your old HD into this new comp (not making it the primary HD of course) if you want the font (unless something was wrong with it of course)?
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:16 AM

That's too much hassle. Why spend about 14 hours trying to rig up a second hard drive and possibly fuck up my new computer when I could download it off the Internet or one of my contacts in approximately half a second, with no risk to computer? :cool:

#7 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:15 AM

14 hours wtf? You just plug the thing up and the comp detects. Even win95 had plug and play support, and it aint all that hard to plug it up provided they didnt screw you on the cables.

Also screwing up your computer is out of the question. Just remember to set the old drive to slave and itll start up just fine. AFAIK it takes rather 14 minutes than hours :cool:

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:24 AM

I concur with blodo :cool:

only possible problem might be if computer only had sata connectors and drive was ide connector based. :blink:

Edited by Apollo, 14 September 2005 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#9 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:48 AM

Look, how simple can I put this?

I AM NOT DOING IT.

I asked for a frigging font. I'm NOT wasting any time, or risking my bloody computer for the sake of a font, when I can find it in a heartbeat over the net, or off one of my contacts. Jesus.

EDIT: I have the font now. No need for swapping hard drives heh...

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 15 September 2005 - 03:31 PM.

#10 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 05:55 AM

I suggested it only because some fonts are hard to find and annoying as hell to search for them. Congrats that your fount it though.

Back to the target. If I remember right, even Gunships can attack land targets as long as you target them. Boats and ships to not auto-target much at all if anything (I don't think any of them auto-target come to think of it).
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#11 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:51 AM

I think CFs do...I could be wrong, though. Carriers and Furys don't.

I've updated the manual to include that little snippet. I'll upload when I get home.
CFs hitting ground targets is damn useful. It's fun to erase their AA defence and/or power before Carrier onslaught! :dry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users