#1 HastyNancingEnt

HastyNancingEnt

Skinner that hates coding

• Project Team
  • 276 posts
  • Projects:Third Age Unleashed
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:52 PM

Celegin, I have been working on an eowyn reskin mod/rohan heros mod for at least 2 months. The fact that you are doing what i've been doing on my reskin mod in your mod is almost hurtful bc i feel like i have totally been undermined and my work and ideas taken to someone elses mod. Im not saying you have to take out what you've done but you have practically made all my work worthless...

I dont know if princess eowyn had anything to do with this but i have all these ideas that on my forums. It so happens these ideas are similar to the ideas on your heros page...

At this point i dont care anymore. Im pretty much just going to call off my mod for it though. Oh well....
Leader of Ent Productions
Head Skinner of Third Age Unleashed
HNE Mod Page

#2 Guest_Unrai_*

Guest_Unrai_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:10 AM

You think he STOLE your idea? :lol:

Making new skins for Eowyn isnt the hardest thing to think of, and I do think that Princess Eowyn suggested it (I think)

#3 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 11 September 2005 - 04:30 AM

no one stole any one's idea, people were working on the same thing at the same time. Happens all the time. Happened to AdmiralGt and nickthemenace. How do you think we all met? :lol:

#4 HastyNancingEnt

HastyNancingEnt

• Project Team
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

no im not claiming he stole anything... im just expressing my remorse... in fact this topic was just spur of the moment... im sorry.. emotions got the best of me...
HNE Mod Page

#5 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:41 PM

Sorry for the late response.

A) I spoke with Princess Eowyn throughout the process of updating Eowyn for my mod. I was planning on just giving her new, random skins (like I had already done for Arwen and Elrond) and upping her Shield Maiden ability. Princess Eowyn suggested that I add a leadership similar to your's/her's. I think I still have the PM at the RA boards, if you'd like to see it.

B) It's CelegLin. I'm sorry but, my god you wouldn't believe the number of people who make this mistake.

C) There's no need to cancel your own mod for this. When Princess Eowyn suggested I give my Eowyn a leadership ability, I assumed she consulted you about it. I'm not laying any blame on her, however. If you want, I can most certainly remove the ability. It's no biggy on my part. The Rohan changes in my mod are only there to make up for their missing Legolas (if need be, I can bump up Theoden or Eomer instead of Eowyn).

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 HastyNancingEnt

HastyNancingEnt

• Project Team
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:39 AM

No its quite alright. I dont mind at all. Your explanation is very reassuring. so i feel much better. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
HNE Mod Page

#7 Wofl

Wofl
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Projects:elementis models, drums in the deep webpage, ror manual translation

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:14 AM

why dont u too work together???
Posted Image

#8 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

The purposes of our separate mods are very different, and thus they will stay as different mods. Hasty's (as I gather) is an upgrade for Rohan, while mine is an Elven addition with a couple Rohan changes. The only point at which the two meet is Eowyn and the Royal Guards: not enough for us to merge projects over.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users