Tech_structure ideas

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:57 AM

Cool. There should be a tech factory that builds various uber-units.

Welcome to the team. And yes, cool avator.
Posted Image

#182 Figure.09

Figure.09
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

(donnu if this is called out allready, but posting it anyway)

Tech Ioncannon

it should take forever or a million soldiers to take over... but once captured and charged, it should shoot a beam out much like the partical cannon, but a single, instand shot-hit puls...

devestating... and power consumnig

coming to my next suggestion... tech powerplants, like the once from YR(DAMN im so sorry i lost my disk)

300 units of power, and any upgrade ranging form mines and turrets to camonetting and boobytraps, all depending on what faction captures it(if possible, please inform me if it isnt)

#183 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

I like the idea except who would go for that cannon if it took that much to get??

#184 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:49 PM

I'd like to see a 'Tech Strongpoint'.

It would be a very strong defensive structure that would control the local area, and siezing one would secure supply lines and threaten enemies nearby. Would garrison infantry and maybe a few vehciles, and have a trench system and be mined if it can be coded.

For offensive purposes, it would have a battery of 155mm field guns to attack anything within its impressive range. The building would be hardened against air strikes.

By the way I do not understand why infantry cannot garrison a building that has been reduced to rubble in this game.
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#185 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

Because since when to be hide out in burning, demolished buildings?

#186 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:58 PM

Well the rubble could be useful to hide under. Concrete foundations stop bullets.

Ion Cannon: I like the idea of a tech superweapon, but the Laser Gen should get the Ion Cannon. Also, the number of soldiers you have capturing a building doesn't change how long it takes. I started capturing two oil derrecks at teh same time, one with one ranger and the other with about 20, and I got them both at the same time.

Tech Power Plant: Already in the game.

Tech Strongpoint: Cool. What kind of weapons?

Also, about the mining for resources thing, you can do that to any building in World Builder. Normally you have a Supply Dock and you put a Supply Pile on it, and the game automatically centers it on the Dock. However, you can put the Supply Pile on any building, and it will be considered a part of that building.

Edited by link.the.first, 05 December 2005 - 11:03 PM.

Posted Image

#187 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

Really? I did not know that. Have to check it out, but this just came to me. Kind of a fusion of the idea for a tech comand center or whatever, how about just a tech defense complex. It would allow your workers/ dozers to build all base defenses.

Yeah, but when its all burning and the rubble might lose support and crush you alive, that wouldn't be fun.

Edited by Jsmooth13, 05 December 2005 - 11:03 PM.

#188 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

You could have a tech building that makes a new unit that builds any defense, but I doubt it could make your regular workers build new stuff.
Posted Image

#189 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

Ummm, to get technical, the ion cannon would be a better superwapon for alexis alexander, to replace her particle cannon. It isn't an actual laser (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation), It's more of a, well, cannon. A beam of ions is a group of electrons that have been supercharged and magnetized, or something like that. either way, it's mainly electricity, not amplified light, meaning the laser general shouldn't really get it. Oh yeah, a bit off topic, the laser gen's special forces and blackhawk don't have lasers, they have guns.
@7th -- Mines can be coded into buildings, look at the propaganda tower. it doesn't normally have mines, but PR made it so they do have mines.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#190 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

It still is an energy weapon though. The Laser Gen has a Linear Tank, which fires a particle beam. That's not a laser. It would be OK for Alex, but Townes needs a variant too.
Posted Image

#191 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

00 Nobody: You should know that an Ion beam is really a particle beam that has been charged, making it more unstable, as well as making it seek out units that have atoms of the opposite charge within them.

I say an Ion cannon would be for Townes.

#192 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:55 AM

Regarding those who questioned me about hiding in rubble....look up the Battle of Monte Cassino.

Or for those of you who won't....the Allies bombed the town of Monte Cassino in Italy during WWII. German paratroops moved into the town afterwards and held up the Allied advance for some months with no supplies. A ruined city provides much more places to hide and more protection.
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users