a lil problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 daedra

daedra
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:16 PM

hey, i downloaded the mod and have played it and it rocks, BUT, have a small problem, every time i wanna play online, the game like turns itrs self off completley, dunno if this problems been encountered before, and also, when i wanted to just play yuris revenge (for old times sake) i loaded up the game, but instead of the yuris revenge robot storm popped up, why does this happen.
please help us out
cheers
-daedra- ;)
Posted Image

#2 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:20 PM

I think your mod launcher has crashed. Thus it left the mod files in your YR folder. I'm not sure which files should be deleted to fix it up. But it is easy to fix. Just wait for a later reply by someone else.
Good day.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#3 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 11 September 2005 - 05:26 PM

Welcome and are you sure all the RS files removed because they might of over copied them themselves so I would use the RA2YR cleaner here Attached File  RA2YR_Clean_Up.zip   25.76KB   56 downloads but if this does not work you might need to unstall and reinstall RA2/YR.

#4 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:44 PM

actually one of the westwood/EA servers, i forgot which, euro/usa?, did just that it just closed the game down upon entering lobby... regardless of mod or not

try changing the server in my settings if got better luck.

and you should run the ra2 clean up tool to restore YR if crashes keep happening.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#5 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:32 AM

With your second problem (the one about Robot Storm launching when you launch YR), the solution is simple. Open Robot Storm with the launcher, and then quit the game (make sure the Launcher is still open as well). I had that problem as well. Now I have it that way if I want YR to be the RS launcher :rolleyes:, instead of going the slow launcher route.
But yes, if you close your launcher, or it locks up before you quit Robot Storm, YR will become a sort of launcher for Robot Storm.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

And to solve that, just run the launcher again, and quit YR normally :rolleyes:

#7 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:55 AM

With your second problem (the one about Robot Storm launching when you launch YR), the solution is simple. Open Robot Storm with the launcher, and then quit the game (make sure the Launcher is still open as well).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, Jerkov.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users