#21 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:54 AM

C++ is much more complicated to create a graphic interface. With VB, it's about 4 clicks and one line of code to create a hello world application. I've only done graphical interfaces with VB, and found it to be powerful enough for my work.
:p
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#22 DrPietro

DrPietro

Old timer from Origin

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:10 PM

:w00t0: :w00t0:
Oh I have a question:
I am a beginer at c++ as well(just to the syntax, I know java so you dont have to explain coding to me)
but how do you create a search engine for the local disk files? Yeah I could use the one givin to me by windows but what is the search function used to do this?

#23 Guest_Guest_Ben_*_*

Guest_Guest_Ben_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

I am using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 ... I am trying to use APString and APVector... but when I include them... I get "apstring: No Such file or Directory.

I added them in the includes folder... but the problem still occures:

#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>
#include "apstring.h"

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
apstring name;
cout << "Hello" << endl;
cout << "What is your name?" << endl;
cin >> name;
cout << "Hello " << name << endl;
system("PAUSE");
return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

#24 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:50 PM

Is apstring.h where it should be? It should be in the same folder as the file you're trying to compile. If you put it in a subfolder somewhere you have to include that folder in the include (if you get me :blush: ). I strongly advise against putting it in the standard headers folder. Headers there are reserved for general non-project specific use through < > include quotes. If you want to make your own header usable from every project, just enter "../file.h" as the target, and then stick it up one level higher (where I assume your main project root is where all the project folders are).

Edited by ImmoMan, 11 June 2005 - 10:53 PM.

#25 Guest_Guest_Ben_*_*

Guest_Guest_Ben_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:13 AM

Is apstring.h where it should be? It should be in the same folder as the file you're trying to compile. If you put it in a subfolder somewhere you have to include that folder in the include (if you get me :blush: ). I strongly advise against putting it in the standard headers folder. Headers there are reserved for general non-project specific use through < > include quotes. If you want to make your own header usable from every project, just enter "../file.h" as the target, and then stick it up one level higher (where I assume your main project root is where all the project folders are).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well..all of the files (including apstring.h and apstring.cpp) are all in the includes folder...and not in any sub folder.

#26 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:59 AM

Which includes folder is that then? Is it where all the standard headers are?

Edited by ImmoMan, 12 June 2005 - 03:00 AM.

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

is the secret to understanding programing in the codes/symbols or is it in the practicing? and is there a reference/index of all the code/symbols descibing each in detial?

thanks

#28 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

You got to know what everything does before you can even practice. It's like trying to read without knowing the letters, you won't get very far...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users