#1 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:30 AM

Will this be for C&C RA2/YR if it is I can't wait. :)

And give us details please. :)

Edited by Lurker, 22 September 2005 - 04:31 AM.

#2 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:31 AM

It is.

The Halo-team is working out the detail, so nothing to report yet.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#3 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Projects:Well I'm working on life.....

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:44 PM

halo team? does that mean theres new modders onboard?

P.S. good luck on thinking of units not made in halo (there wasnt enough units in halo1 or 2 to make a real time stratigy base game) I would say I would help with ideas but im up to my neck in school work 24/7 but if you need a no brainer suggestion off the top of my head the arbiter should be the here for the covenant and maser chief for humans :lol: (not sure about the flood, sentinals and rebel covenat though ((man if there going to be divided up like that you would need to quaddripicate the units they have how(((I guess geting a stratigy guide book would help alot to))) are mabe leave out a group :cool: )) well good luck ;) )
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#4 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:43 AM

I'm currently trying to convince Mig eater that there should units other then those shown in the original games, so I can't say yes or no on whether there will be any :lol: however I can fairly confidently say that the MC and Arbitor will be there (though again nothings been finalized so that may change :cool: ), as to the flood etc they won't be playable if they are there, and will most likely only be in the campain ;)
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:46 AM

Ehm, how do you know this? Isn't Mig talking to me anymore? :)

#6 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

I talk to him every socond day or so :) so you probebly not that far behind the rest of the world :)

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#7 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 26 September 2005 - 06:57 PM

Ehm, how do you know this? Isn't Mig talking to me anymore? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to talk contact me threw MSN, I’m normally too busy to start chats with other ppl but if you want to talk just start a convo & I’ll stop what ever I’m doing. Rawlo knows this well & normally sends me a message as soon as I log-on.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 zelda_legend

zelda_legend
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:56 PM

i thought mstr chief started this mod
:blush:

#9 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:57 PM

There have probably been a number of Halo themed mods started and stopped for RA2.
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:01 PM

Yeah. I know of at least 2.

One was started by Natus, another by Rith Kain. Both hosted at the CNC Guild, and both despised the other :blush: Amusing, but true. May this one be marginally more successful.

#11 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:39 PM

yer, like getting finished :dry:

Xeno, RIP mate

#12 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Projects:Well I'm working on life.....

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:43 PM

mig, are there going to be ships (like remodeld kirvo to match halo things)

and for super weapons I think for humans they should be able to use the mac gun from halo 2 (remember that big station your in on the 1st level.

As for the covanent I dont recall them ever using a "super" weapon but I guess it could be a giant partical beam are something like that.

as for veclicles for hmans there is a gauss warhog a gatling war hog and a rocket warhog and sccorpian tank. Theres a peleican , pillar of autom ship thing , in the level relic on halo 2 there is an interesting looking transport ship. they have 2 different kinds of gatling turrents . a varity of different marines and the cheif. Also on the last level of halo 1 master chief escapes in a cool looking black human ship. These are all of the troops and vehicles I can recall from halo 1 and 2 (dont know about the oringinal halo from super nitendo) but I think your going to come of wih some more idears.

as for covenate there are ghost, spectres , banshees, shadows, shades, phantoms scarobs, a variety of space ships.. for troops they have a varity of grunts jackels hunters brutes drones prophits and elites. btw when I said shade back there I was talking about the trrent, they also have a beam cannon (rapid fire turrent plasma gun) and the turrent on xbox live its like slow shots at a60 shots per minute speed that are acualy high on power.altough the covenate has alot more units than earth you should still throw in a couple more (btw as for naval units in halo I havent seen any) your choice to just not make any or not)

If theres going to bae a third side you would have to make alot mot units from scratch. I wold choose the forrunner/sentinal side (forrunners made halo(s), and they made the sentinal things to protect it. I only know a few of for sure units for them right now which would be, setinals,the moniter ,and the big sentinal thing(mabe called a golith , Im not sure), and those little tine robot thins that hover around could be scout things are something, and for the flood if there going to be anywhere there are the tiny ones that make units into flood are kamakize on something, the elete/flood the human/ flood the ones that are really fat that cause a deadly exploion when killed our deployed and release the small flood, there are the weird big things that also change thins to flood (used on captain kes) and they are good at stilling things.

there may be other units I forgot / dont know but these are definately in there

I hope this helps somehow :sad:
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

mig, are there going to be ships (like remodeld kirvo to match halo things)

If by 'ships' you refer to large starships...I hope not! :sad: If you mean Pelican Dropships and Banshees...then yes.

and for super weapons I think for humans they should be able to use the mac gun from halo 2 (remember that big station your in on the 1st level.
As for the covanent I dont recall them ever using a "super" weapon but I guess it could be a giant partical beam are something like that.

If you read the books, you'll find the Covenant's main reason for destroying the humans completely is that they destroy the planets themselves with massive plasma bombardment. In Halo 2, you'll hear a few Marines sometimes say things like:
"I dunno who it was who glassed Reach, but it sure wasn't you stupid bastards!"

So, that makes a good Superweapon for the Covenant...a plasma bombardment (as I've mentioned :sad: ).

For the humans...the MAC guns are always trained away from the planet, to gun down incoming Covenant capital ships. I'd say a tac-nuke bombardment would be more sensible, since it's designed to obliterate ground targets. Note that the tac-nuke is 'clean' with little radiation blast. Just the heat explosion happens.

These are all of the troops and vehicles I can recall from halo 1 and 2 (dont know about the oringinal halo from super nitendo)

Halo for Super Nintendo? o_0 Could you PM me a link to ROM of this? Or is it 'Marathon' (which I thought was for early PCs)

I would also hope that there are no Naval units at all. Covies hover, humans fly in Pelicans. It's all the same.

The Sentinels and Flood will appear in a few maps, according to Mig. I'd hate to see them as a full-blown side, though. They'd be more or less useless.

#14 the50

the50

''Demon Slayer"

• Project Team
  • 427 posts
  • Projects: map making,YR Flashpoint
  •  Maping and Coder

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

ya i came up with some idea its kool if it would work lol but i think its a cheap idea
on campagn mod take some of the senarios from the halo1or2 and then record like the movies9cut scenes and put it into the game. i think you know what im talking about if not i will refrase it.

this mod is going to be tight if it comes through...remember i can beta test for u also :p

and for the covenent hero unit(not the infantry hero unit)but the scerub from halo2 like you can make a huge unit like the cenrtion(excuse the spelling)

and its going to have the music form halo right? hope so the music is awwwsome :dry:

#15 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:10 AM

the sarab is (so far) not going to be in the mod :sad: for balance reasons

Xeno, RIP mate

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:31 AM

And the movie rip can't be done for several reasons:

1) Bungie and Microsoft would kill us with lawsuits.
2) Getting the movies into the game would be very difficult, especially given that ripping movies from xbox games is so hard.
3) Getting movies into the game would make the filesize of the mod extraordinarily big.
4) The movies wouldn't really fit with the mod. For one thing, the Chief and the Arbiter would feature a lot...and I don't think we plan to use them.

However, AFAIK we will use at least some Halo music. Perhaps even some fan-made Halo music...(I have a few in mind :sad: ) All that needs to happen is for MiG to get DSL back...currently he's on shitty dial-up and I don't plan on sending over 100megs worth of Mp3s over MSN or FTP to someone on dial-up...

#17 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:27 AM

I do know were you can get the cutscenes for HALO 2 and possibly 1 but your right we could never use them for fear of lawsuit :)

Xeno, RIP mate

#18 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:35 AM

Theres a peleican , pillar of autom ship thing ,

No I would not like to see this in this mod but the dropships would work.

My ideas

UEF (united earth forces)

Earth tanks: there could be two verison for the Scorpion thanks one with the 90mm
and a air defense AA misslies.

The warthogs would be awesome to use but also make a third verison one the carries missle luncher or rocket luncher.

Now for the infentry (marines)you could use the standard infentry that carry the BR55 Rifle but you could mix them up have them carry the S2 AM Sniper Rifle (sniper marine)and the M19 SSM Rocket Launcher(Rocket Marine). Also for the seal you could change them to special forces which them can carry convenant weapons like the plasma rifle and have a special forces carry the Particle Beam rifle(sniper weapon, but can damage vechicels).

Air units I don't know about but you can use those dropships and and bombs to them to beable to bomb and some flying attack unit.

Master Chief Hero unit

Covenant

Mixed units of the grunts(light and carries plasma rifle)
Jackles(shielded, light, and carries plasma pistol)
Hunter(heavy and carries fuel rod gun)
Elite(medium and carries energy sword)
Brute(medium and carries Brute shot)
Drones? could be used but using the rocket tear concept light carries plasma rifle
Prophets not needed

Hero Abirtar it is a clan leader but it is a more powerful elite.

Vechiels

Ghost(medium, twin plasma cannon and move quick)
Banshee should be used for air units(medium and carries fuel rod cannon)
Warth(Heavy and carries plasma mortar and if you like you could add 2 auto-firing plasma cannons to kill infentry)
Spedtre(medium, carries 2 riders and carries plasma cannon)
Shadow(heavy or medium this could be a APC since it can carry up to 8 people and carries plasma cannon)

Air units Banshee and the rest needs more reserach.

Third side I would not use the forrunners because they did not start the war it was just between the UEF and the Convenant. But you could use the Flood human flood(medium and carries BR55 rifle)and convenant flood(medium carries plasma rifle)
and the rest still needs reserach.

What I ment about light medium and heavy is the armor.

So thats all I have to go on but the buildings for the convenant have to be absarct I mean really future like and the UFE standard future like.

So hope this helps any more questions you know how to contact me. :)

Edited by Lurker, 04 October 2005 - 06:40 AM.

#19 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:54 AM

instaed of making 3 or more different versions of the Wathog use IFV-Logic for it.
the Pelican could be use for a Paradrop-SW.
U could just make a futuristic aircraft for the the Humans...because most of the units and weaponary is "lowtech" compared to the Convenant
so it´s not hard to add new units
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#20 Samael

Samael

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  •  Baller

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:00 AM

instaed of making 3 or more different versions of the Wathog use IFV-Logic for it.

Yes that is what I ment but change the missile weapon look and sorry if I did not make that clear. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users