59 replies to this topic

#21 Dragi

Dragi
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dragi, 12 October 2005 - 03:36 PM.

#22 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

Those are great guys. Release about ready for packaging. Last nite I went through the entire RC1 build and it was beautiful if not armageddon-like! :unsure: All AI skills + game modes work as they should. No issues, no crashes.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#23 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:02 PM

There are issues. Eldar won't build a variety of units with your new unitstats.ai. Check my mail. I used your unitstats and they only build DR, guardians, seer council + wraithlords and RANGERS ! No banshees, no WS, fire dragons, no vypers, falcons ....
Same battle with old unitstats and there are all there ! Relics new effectiveness values for armourclass screws demand code.
Take the old unitstats.ai and all races will build a variety of units.

Edited by LarkinVB, 12 October 2005 - 06:02 PM.

#24 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:10 PM

Errr.. are you sure? Last nite I playtested for 3 hours watching simulated battles. I saw Falcons, DRs, Banshees, etc and no Rangers. Maybe the odd one but that was under EASY skill. I could do a quick recheck but damn I must have watched 10 simulated 3vs3s last nite watching it all happen. Eldar preformed to spec. Still.. I'll recheck quick.

Btw.. I don't get it: why would the Eldar be impacted and NOT other factions? All other sides like the Eldar had an "elegant" assortment of troops out there.

Edited by thudo, 12 October 2005 - 06:11 PM.

Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#25 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:55 PM

No idea why ??? BUT old unitstats.ai is much better ! More than sure.
We can delve into this later but we shouldn't mess up with your file !

#26 Guest_MaxOn_*

Guest_MaxOn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:09 AM

Hi brothers ;-) Where i can download dawn of skirmish 1.5 for winter assault ?
Or this mod will be acesseble later ?

Thanx.

#27 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:13 AM

No idea. I thought I would be released this week but it doesn't seem so.

#28 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI, DoW Mod Studio
  •  Blue Text :)

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:51 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just recieved the files with instruction to package and send to you.

I should get it to you tonight Larkin
Posted Image

#29 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:37 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've just recieved the files with instruction to package and send to you.

I should get it to you tonight Larkin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... PMed the D/L link to Larkin.
Posted Image

#30 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

Link leads to void ...

#31 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:45 AM

Link leads to void ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How very odd :shiftee:
I've uploaded it again elsewhere: http://www.quickdump...1944674945.html
Posted Image

#32 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

Did you test your installer ? It doesn't seem so as the desktop link created leads to W40k.exe though it should link to W40kWA.exe

And shouldn't a click on UninstallDoWAIMod.exe created in the game folder uninstall it as the name suggests instead of reinstall it ?

Though I have checked 'Create Start Menu Items' there is no entry in my start menu. Seems the installer does NOT support german version of WinXP and is not supporting other languages. It assumes the subfolder name is 'Programs' though it is 'Programme' here in germany.

Edited by LarkinVB, 15 October 2005 - 11:27 AM.

#33 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:32 AM

Did you test your installer ? It doesn't seem so as the desktop link created leads to W40k.exe though it should link to W40kWA.exe

And shouldn't a click on UninstallDoWAIMod.exe created in the game folder uninstall it as suggested instead of reinstall it ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you run uninstall from the DoW directory it will not uninstall; I had not intended for it to work as such - you need to run it from the shortcut.
I was unaware that it had to launch 40kWA not W40k

I've now modified the uninstaller to work when run from the folder and it now launches W40kWA: http://www.quickdump.../206629048.html

Edit: As for the whole non-english WinXP thing - It has always worked this way; I was being typically english and not thinking about other languages.

Edited by Corsix, 15 October 2005 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

#34 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:53 AM

Edit: As for the whole non-english WinXP thing - It has always worked this way; I was being typically english and not thinking about other languages.

I see. But shouldn't it support non english languages someday ? I'm pretty sure that there are is an API to get standard folder names like programs in any SDK you are using.

If you run uninstall from the DoW directory it will not uninstall; I had not intended for it to work as such - you need to run it from the shortcut.

Which shortcut ? As a german user I don't have a shortcut and there is also no entry in my windows software install/uninstall tool.

Edited by LarkinVB, 15 October 2005 - 12:01 PM.

#35 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:05 PM

I see. But shouldn't it support non english languages someday ? I'm pretty sure that there are is an API to get standard folder names like programs in any SDK you are using.

Which shortcut ? As a german user I don't have a shortcut and there is also no entry in my windows software install/uninstall tool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have changed it to work running from the exe. I am using window's api (Win32) but I cannot find how to get [Start Menu]/[Programs] - i can get [Start Menu] but not [Programs].
Posted Image

#36 ArkhanTheBlack

ArkhanTheBlack

title available

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Um, why don't you use a proffessional installer like nullsoft? It's easy to use and offers all language independent functions you may need. "Programming" the installer with the winapi sounds a bit over the top to me.

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

So is the file above in Corsix's next to last post the 1.5 skirmish mod for WA? I saw in another post that larkin said hes on vacation "after the release of 1.5", is it still beta right now or not? Kinda confused.

#38 Guest_Planetbuster_*

Guest_Planetbuster_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:00 AM

WOW is all I can say, just played my first game with your Skirmish AI MOD using winter assault. It can easily qualify as the best gaming experience I have had yet with Dawn of War. I have played computer games and the tabletop game for over 20 years....yup 20. We all got our super weapon out at the same time and his Bloodthirster was chasing my Baneblade around while the space marines and orcs were having there own little private war around us!!!!!! I saw tactics and units used by the computer I had never seen before. I played a 2v2 Imperial Guard(me)/Space Marine v Chaos/Orc on Hard. I know I know, everyones pfft'ing because I dont play insane or sumthin but I play at my pace, not the computers heh.

The installer was smooth as well, just wanted to come back to the boards and say THANKS! before I dissappear into this game for a week. Its what I expected it to be now.

PB

P.S. I have it recorded and would love to share it if needed. Good example of how vanilla stacks vs this mod using WA.

#39 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:53 AM

Yea, I would like to see the replay. Send it to dow@viciousbyte.de. Great to hear you like the mod. Hard is fine as harder + insane do use the same scripts but get a req bonus (+20%/+40%).

Edited by LarkinVB, 16 October 2005 - 07:55 AM.

#40 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:04 AM

Ok Larkin, found how to get the Start Menu/Programs folder for every language: http://www.quickdump.../362535309.html
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users