#1 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts
  • Projects:HL2 Community Hub
  •  There should be PINK text. :D

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

Why do you people persist on modding a dying game?
We all know the game is doomed to fail sooner or later. Why persist? There is a much broader horizon of games, such as classics like Half-Life, or it's awesome sequal, Half-Life 2. For realtime-strategy fans, there is Battlefield 2.
Posted Image
Made all my userbars myself :D

#2 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:05 AM

Why do you people persist on modding a dying game?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fun and there are plenty new ideas.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#3 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:08 AM

Ah, but it is an old game engine, a featureless one at that. No SDKs or anything to have full modding capability.
Posted Image

#4 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:49 AM

It's attidudes like yours that kill games, not the age of the game engine. A game never truly dies until noone gets any enjoyment out of it.

the fact that a game engine supports graphics so good hat you can't distingish the images on your screen from movie footage means nothing if the game doesn't play well. were as if the game plays well then it doesn't matter if the game engine only supports 2D graphics, it's still enjoyed by many.

In short, this game has got several years in it yet, now go spread your pesemistic oppinions somewhere else
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#5 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:53 AM

Several years of obvious decay, maybe.
Posted Image

#6 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:01 AM

<sigh> yer what ever Prime, now STFU or I’ll start deleting posts...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:54 AM

<FLAME REMOVED>

Basic Gist: STFU prime, you arrogant git.

</FLAME>

I dont like to see this much bad-mouthing on here. It's immature, and only brings you down to his level, or below. ~CJ

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 10 October 2005 - 10:04 AM.

Posted Image

#8 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:44 AM

if you say ra2 is a dying game...why are you still here?

<Death request removed...but why did you specifically request a WOODEN toilet? :p > ~CJ

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 10 October 2005 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#9 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:56 AM

ahh supressing the will of the people :p

some people need a good flame.

You should have deleted Prime's posts for being off topic i.e. the whole universe is dead debate which he whines on about.

Silence is not the new patriosm, sometimes u need to make a stand.

Air Wars is released, it may not be amazing but its a start a least.

Suggestion: No flame room, just a Prime room :p

Edited by Allied General, 10 October 2005 - 10:58 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

Flameless translation: You can't take a below-par mod and say it's good, or else people will not learn.

I have been wrongly accused of theft, for what relevance this has to the discussion. I tried to stop the arguments by lying in agreement, but it didn't work.

During my time making SHPs, I learned that criticism is the only path to success.
If I see bad work, I figure the creator is STUPID, or does not know shit about SHP making. Of course I flame them, and tell them it sucks, but tough shit. For the non-1337 speaking ones, I usually see potential, and help them out. (E.G. Anderwin and H00ligan.)
In my experience, trying to suggest constructively ways to improve might be a bit better than just out-and-out flame ~CJ

I just wanted to clear that up with you people, maybe you can see some good in my previous actions now.
Nothing is what it seems in this world. I act much differently then some of you fools, therefore you take it as attacking, and flaming, when I only mean to help.

RA2/YR/TS are really not what people care about anymore. The only people who will play your mods are the idiots who don't give up on a dead game. Other games have a much larger fanbase, and therefore your mod will actually be PLAYED, DISCUSSED, and written into history. Well, a chance of that, anyways.
Now don't get me wrong, RA2 is a fun game, however, it is old, impossible to work with, and uses a 2D game engine.

Many of you have told me I do not have the right to criticise others because I stopped modding.
I stopped modding because I had no more free time to do so. Not because I dislike RA2, but because I had a life to attend, and other hobbies to follow.
I hope you got all that. For those of you with short attention spans, too bad.

:p

De-flamed by me. ~CJ

Edited by Prime, 10 October 2005 - 01:22 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:18 PM

Last thing we need in this thread is to incite AG to flame you more, is it, Prime?

Now you two cool it, or I'll be forced to lock this. I don't want to. As good/bad/indifferent as this mod may be, it's still a mod in its own right, and with its own merit. It doesn't deserve to be flamed, or to be inflicted with a flame war that isn't even about the mod.

#12 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

Heh, sorry.
Posted Image

#13 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

Actually - Command & Conquer is a legend, a canon which has hell of fans. And those aren't Gen/ZH which have the most, even though they are newest - Red Alert and Tiberian Saga take the leadership. And will forever. Long live C&C and enough of this heretics Prime, as you don't know anything about what the true canon and legend is.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#14 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

Its a old game but people mod it.

There are several new developments in TS which shows how moddable it is and easy to mod even though there is virtually no offical support.

I still play Dune 2, now that is old.

Also Prime you've only had 13 years of life and u didn't start modding until like a year or something before quitting using the I can't be bothered excuse or I have a life excuse which is even more hilarious to me due to your past events which forever stain your reputation as even a good modder.

Your only limitations are that

1) your can't finish what you start
2) your personslity online went through more phases then a woman's menopause one moment being flammor, speeder you are thief comments, to oh lets help the newbees.

Basically Prime no one takes you seriously. So thats why people ignore you or don't post comments on lets face it average work which any of the veterans could have done 10x better if they wanted to.

I was the one that even tried to give you a chance when you attempted to reform but oh suprise you f*ck it up by abusing people in charge and dissing a community which has more projects and maturity that you could stuff into your cheeks.

But hey you don't find it fun to mod thats fine by me.

Just don't try and cover up the fact that you just gave up.

You say u have moved on yet u continue to visit these forums to bash people and mods which are unrelated to you.

Edited by Allied General, 11 October 2005 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#15 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:57 PM

makes you want to scream
http://www.weebls-st...aaaaaaaaaahaha/

erm, you think YR is dying, take a look at the obsession of this 1994/1995 game, Transport Tycoon Deluxe. there the patching, the stage YR is starting into now(TTDPatch), and theres also the complete re-write(OpenTTD(AKA OTTD)).
http://www.tt-forums.net/index.php
why do you think i was calling PD's now dead secret project OYR?

Edited by BobingAbout, 11 October 2005 - 02:58 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

if you say ra2 is a dying game...why are you still here?

<Death request removed...but why did you specifically request a WOODEN toilet? :lol: > ~CJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wooden toilets are full of flies...
ask the guys from scandinavia... :p
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#17 FK47

FK47

o____0;

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

Don't like it, don't mod it. Pity you modded it all those months and now you say it blows. Just goes to show what a childish attitude you have, Prime.

#18 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

I happened to notice that was a split off of my topic, so i figured it was time to step into the ring and defend what is mine. Prime, why must degrade all who are trying to keep alive the last great C&C? Do us all a favor, and stop whining about how it's dead and whatever else spews out that empty head of yours. there are more graphically advanced games out there, but the reason that i still play and mod RA2/YR is because it is simply the most enjoyable game i have ever played. Air Wars may not be the best mod there ever was, but it was my first mod and i think i took on something quite big for a first mod: i was adding a whole new war to that game. you can preach kirovs and harriers and siege choppers all you want, but for an aircraft buff, that was simply not enough. Air wars may be over for now, but i will still continue to mod and play this game until i find something that will make me want to replace it, and that just hasn't happened yet.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#19 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

And on that note, Prime has been pwnt, and I hope this thread dies of its own accord.

#20 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

And on that note, Prime has been pwnt, and I hope this thread dies of its own accord.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i hope RA2/YR doesn't die with it.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users