#21 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:34 PM

But I hope Prime does so he cant flame anyone and accuse them of releasing crap when he hasnt done anything worthy of even 'standard'.

Phew...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

i agree. maybe he'll have that right when we see something, even it is of no value, come from him.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#23 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts
  • Projects:HL2 Community Hub
  •  There should be PINK text. :D

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

First off, not all of those posts previous were my wording. Never did I say that Ra2/YR is "Damn Old". Those are not my words.

I just said it's a pretty old game, and that the community could move on. Am I not allowed to express my oppinion? Seeing my words twisted against me and my own oppinions turned into hate wars makes me quite annoyed. The fact that you tell me I am immature yet bash me for my own beliefs says a bit about you lot.

I did not mean offense or hate when I gave my oppinions. I simply asked why do people persist on modding something many people have lost interest in, and have stated I have moved on. Now along comes AG and moans and gripes about how I gave up. I did not give up, I moved on, after losing interest.

Now please stop bashing me for my personal oppinions and reasoning. Everyone is unique, and it is best to go through these things in a professional manner.

Also, a word to those who have said I did not contribute anything.
My work is not something I want any odd idiot using. Therefore it was not released. If I released my work, every single newb mod would be having the uber nuclear armageddon remap heavy tank. I do not want that to happen, so I kept most of my work private. I never began modding to help anyone, I modded for my own experience. Now I did help a few people, but contributing to the common good is really not something I enjoy doing. I wrote a tutorial or two, and got a few new SHPers on their feet, but I modded for my own gain.

What upsets me is to see my own beliefs and efforts bashed. I am not perfect. Neither are any of you. None of us will be perfect, no matter what we believe. Not to be egotistic, but I did do some nice work, but it was not perfect. On the other hand, noones work is trash. It is all unique, interesting, and useful in some way.

I hate it when some people say my work is awful, or crap. It is not, it is unique. My goals of restoration of the prerelease graphics was unique. Most of you lot disliked my efforts, and often times I did as well, but I did my best. And that's all that matters.

Edited by Prime, 11 October 2005 - 11:51 PM.

Posted Image
Made all my userbars myself :D

#24 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:11 AM

dude you were a prick on every forum you visited.

You don't have the experience, respect or even the knowledge to be "respected"

If your smart you just keep quiet and you work on your mod.

Only if someone is posting persistent spam or just asking a question which has been answered thousands of time before then should you even reply.

So Prime, you modded for your own selfish interests? Then you wonder why people ignore you, can't be bothered to help you?

Basically Prime your comments are void and always have been.

By being the most hypocritical and quite franky most random forum member I have ever ecounter you have already given the gun to the public in which to shoot you down.

Also it is professional Prime our analyst of you

1) You abuse staff and a entire community
2) You say command and conquer is old when we already know that and we deal with the limitations
3) You abandon a mod because of your own selfish reasons

If you want to treat everyone like dirt and kick a old game in the stomach then thats the attitude you recieve.

Also when you start saying work is crap, people are thiefs or questioning someones effort you will recieve 10 fold the punishment.

Basically Prime a forum is a COMMUNITY of people attempting to work in unison.

Even ComradeJ with his tails of woe and Chemical Ali with his spam monkey ways have more intelligence and common sense not to dish a community.

If you can't understand that then just log off.

Edited by Allied General, 12 October 2005 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Legion

Legion

AHL2mod Admin

• Banned
  • 1,225 posts
  • Projects:HL2 Community Hub
  •  There should be PINK text. :D

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:14 AM

oh, I understand it. Abandoning my mod was not selfish. I had the right to do so, and I personally was fed up with the community and modding as a whole.
People have lives other then this. You do, I do, even ALI does. Life comes before this community in my world, and it should in all you folks' too.

Edited by Prime, 12 October 2005 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image
Made all my userbars myself :D

#26 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:28 AM

TS is old. Yet it is still modded.
Half-Life is old. Yet it is still modded.

Hell there are plent of games that are old and yet people still play them and mod them. Just because its old it don't make it worthless. And besides the reason people Mod "older" games is because no-adays they are somewhat more simple to mod, then the likes of HL2 which you need to have a bloody C++ degree to be able to do a decent mod :unsure:

Edited by Xeno, 12 October 2005 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

#27 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:15 AM

just because its old, doesn't mean its dying.

i mean, check out transport tycoon deluxe.

theres no substitute for a great game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

sorry prime I could have sworn you just said people shouldn't pile shit on you, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE F*CKING ROSES, all you ever do is pile shit on everyone else, I have only ever seen you say something positive to anyone on 2 occasions which doesn't really add up to much. and as to people trying to critisize your personal oppinions, we're not trying to stop you expressing them, we're telling you to stop forcing them on other people and flaming them if they disagree.
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#29 ihateharriers

ihateharriers

Supreme Commander of Flying Squirrel Army

• Hosted
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:YR: Air Wars, Sorta Secret Tiberian Thing, staying alive
  •  Flying Squirrels - Even Crazier Than Me!!

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

prime, shut up. please. you obviously don't care about RA2/YR anymore, so why keep complaining? go flame it somewhere else, cause it is obviously not welcome here, and i was hoping you were smart enough to realize that.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Congrats, mate!!

#30 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:04 PM

L0x0r3d.