#1 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:04 AM

So I went to a concert the other night. The concert was 2 hours from where I live. On the way home, my friend and I were talking about how bad ass the concert was, when he saw a 'weird' (how he described it) airplane. The light arrangement was very strange, in that it was 3 simple white lights forming the shape of a triangle. This thing was moving very slow and was very, very low to the ground. It almost appeared as if it was hovering, but as I was driving, I could not pay attention enough to any nearby stars or landmarks to check if it was actually hovering.

I am pretty good at identifying military and civilian aircraft. When we saw another (there were at least 2 of them that we saw at the same time), it was over a major truck stop, and the area and sky around it was well-lit. It overflew the truck stop, again moving very slow, and we did not see a tail or any apparent wings. No obvious nose. It looked as if it was a triangle in shape, not only in the placement of its lights.

So, in summary: any idea what a triangular shaped aircraft, probably the same size as a F-15, moving very slow and very low to the ground, with no engine noise whatsoever may be?
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#2 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

UFO!!!!!!
:p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or proply a mitlraily experment
Posted Image

#3 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:11 AM

I do not particularly subscribe to the idea of aliens visiting the Earth.
Posted Image

#4 *DR*Hannibal

*DR*Hannibal
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

Some Years ago...i sea a thing like that you discribe !
I don´t know what it was ....but it was the same going....very slowly .....an very low on the ground....and the light make a form like a triangle.......and the important thing...no motor Sound or something like that and it was night...nothing were to hear !
But it was in germany......maybe they make Hollidays ??? lol

Mfg....

#5 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:06 AM

Stealth Blimp, probably.

It could be remote controlled so it doesn't have to carry the pilot's weight.

#6 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

Wow that's weird. I've heard about triangular planes like this, but never from anyone I know. Seems kinda odd that the military would fly low and slow with a prototype.

How clearly did you see the thing's outline?

BTW, I agree about aliens. The first flying saucer reported was probably someone who saw a B-2 spirit head-on, after that the idea of the disk spread so much that everyone used it, and Roswell was either a weather balloon or a military plane(maybe not even a prototype).
Posted Image

#7 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:43 AM

Roswell was a coverup of a coverup, in my opinion. Let me know if youif you want me to elaborate on my theory. :p

When they were moving, they were definitely moving faster than a blimp would.

Its outline was quite clear, though the underside was featureless. One of them had two searchlight-type lights. It was as if they were hunting one another.
Posted Image

#8 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:53 AM

how bout a droid starfighter LOL :p :lol:
Posted Image

#9 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

What's your theory?

Mine is that either a weather balloon or some sort of military plane crashed at Roswell, but it wasn't really a groundbreaking design with any classified technology. They let the Roswell stories go around to distract from a prototype crash that tehy really didn't want anyone to know about.

The same could be true of Area 51: I've seen some decent proof that it exists, but who's to say it is actually where they test alien technology(if they have it)? It could just be an ordinary base they have to enable a quick airstrike in that area and maybe designed during the Cold War in case MiGs made it inland.
Posted Image

#10 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:50 PM

In I believe the eighties and early nineties, a large triangle with one large light in the center and three on the tips was reported over the skies of Belgium and surrounding nations. It appeared many nights, and was not identified. At one time it was reported to fly merely feet above the roof of a nursing home, and shot a small red disk out if the center light, then flew off. Many credible witnesses reported this object.

November 29, 1989 - Belgian 'Black Triangle' UFO Wave Begins

A low flying, utterly silent black triangle sporting bright lights at its end points and one orange beacon in the center slowly cruised through the night skies over Belgium, and was tracked from Leige to the border of the Netherlands and then into Germany. The large number of eye witnesses along with this incredible photograph serve to authenticate a remarkable UFO event, and one by which all other such black triangle events have been measured. The wave of UFOs and black triangles over this region of Europe continued well into the 1990s and then after a brief lull resurfaced again in 2001 following almost identical courses. In 1990 F-16's attempted an intercept...

Two F-16s were ordered to intercept and identify this phenomena, and one of the jet's radars locked the object in. It appeared as a small diamond on the pilot's screen. The pilot reported that only a few seconds after locking on the target, the object began to pick up speed, quickly moving out of radar range. An hour long chase ensued, during which time the F-16s picked up the strange craft's signal two additional times, only to see it fade from view. The triangular craft seemed to be playing a cat and mouse game, and finally was lost in the night lights of Brussels. The pilots of the fighters reported that the UFO had made maneuvers at speeds beyond the capability of their technology, and once the radar showed the craft almost instantly drop from 10,000 to 500 feet in 5 seconds!

-info extracted from official report

Here is a pic of the 'Belgian Triangle'.
Belgian Triangle

@link
The first UFOs were reported in the forties by pilots of both the Axis and Allies. They were reported as 'foo fighters' and were thought to be experimental aircraft of the other side.

Sightings continued well into the fifties, on to current day. This pretty much eliminates the B2 until the early nineties and late eighties.

Also, Area 51 is located at Groom Lake and was built in the fifties. It is used to test experimental aircraft.

Edited by crave22, 14 October 2005 - 02:52 PM.

Posted Image

#11 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

Seems a little odd that a picture would have that good quality when it was completely random. I don't think we had cameras that good that were actually affordable in 1989.

So what were a couple of F-16s gonna do, shoot it down? It sounds like it didn't really do anything wrong.

BTW Panzer did yours have a light in the middle?
Posted Image

#12 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:05 PM

There was a show on the History Channel about it. It was towards the end of the CW, and they thought it could be a last ditch attempet by the Soviets.

It was reported by credible witnesses, and confirmed by radar reports. It was in the area it was reported to be in at the same time the radar said it was there.

Also, this picture is from 1990. It is a famous photo of it. Search 'Belgian Triangle' on a Google image search and you'll come up with many copies of it. It has been authenticated by experts, so there is no tampering involved.

Yes, Panzer. We could use a better description like the position of the lights.

EDIT- Here's a Wiki article.
Wiki Article on Sightings of Triangles(click on the Belgian Air Force report in the navigation index)

Edited by crave22, 14 October 2005 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Guest_Guest_renegade_*_*

Guest_Guest_renegade_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

this is very interesting... (i guess)

#14 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:21 PM

So where do you think it came from? I don't know what aliens would want with Earth if they can go from 10,000 to 500 in five seconds.
Posted Image

#15 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:41 AM

I read that article last night. The objects we saw seemed to be much smaller, as I said, about the size of an F-15C. The white lights were at the points of what would be an equilateral triangle. One of them also had a pair of searchlights coming from the front end, one of them pointing forward, the other towards the ground. We could easily see the light beams generated by the two searchlights. They seemed to be scanning for something.

My theory of Roswell:

One could say that German military technology between 1935 and 1945 was the most advanced in the world. They made incredible strides in rocket technology (the V1, V2 and 'Fritz', the first antiship guided missile), swept back wing design (Me262) and even submarine engines that were not powered by diesel engines, thereby allowing a submarine to travel submerged for much longer periods of time than normal batteries would allow.

It was only their megalomaniac leader, Hitler, and the combined forces of Britain, Russia, France, Poland, Commonwealth Nations and the United States that checked their domination of the Eurasian continent.

Before the defeat of the Axis, the Allies had come up with a plan on how to divide Germany once victory had been attained. Also to be divided were the spoils of war: military technology. Far before the Axis defeat, it was clear to Winston Churchill and FDR that Stalin would likely become the enemy of the free world. They knew of the German technology and simply...took the Russians' share of it.

So, move forward a couple years, into 1947. Its likely the Russians have found out the Americans have more than their share of German technology and have been experimenting with it. So the Americans come up with a grandoise scheme that appears to be a coverup of a 'flying saucer', when in fact it was simply German military technology that should have gone to the Russians.

That is my theory anyway.
Posted Image

#16 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:51 AM

Wow. Quite the theory. You think the triangle was German tech we got after the war?
Posted Image

#17 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:46 AM

No. Its something we developed.

We simply advanced our own technology by looking at theirs. Did you know we used V2 rockets to launch satellites into space for nearly a decade?
Posted Image

#18 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:01 PM

last shighting was in 2004

UNTIL THIS DAY
Posted Image

#19 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

V2s can make it to space?

I mean do you think it is based on German technology and reverse-engineered by our team?
Posted Image

#20 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

V2s were the very first ICBMs.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic