5260 replies to this topic

#101 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

yer the b2 are not too bad if the defences are down but they have to land and rearm and this too me just stinks ;)
all the other teams super units do not have to leave the fight and this is why a heavy armored attack chooper i though would be good of some type.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is what AirF is all about. its thier strengh AND weekness... you can bring in unmatched firepower, but then you have to leave right away.

I'ved added a B1 with cluster bombs to help alot... its cheaper and has about the same attack are, but less damage and no stealth. you can build several B1s to help keep some presense in the area while your B2 reloads.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#102 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:19 PM

OMFG the b1b lancer is such a beautiful plane i love them soo damn much ^^
humm do they have to have cluster? the b2 are already a carpet bomber. could u make the b1 have a more dirext bome with big blast area, and maybe have cluster upgrade on the planes
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#103 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:32 PM

MMM~!

SAC Goodness.

Air unit for SuperWeapon General: AV-8B Harrier with Cannon and 4 Mavericks. Or VTOL JSF with same. Maybe with a forward air strip as a new base defence. Say a sandbag emplacement with landing spots for 1 or 2 JSFs and a light autocannon type defence ) Mebbe a parked LAV?

#104 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

WOW, I was out of connection for 2 weeks and the forum run..........! What you guys are talking about so i can help ?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#105 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:10 PM

Is anyone else having problems loading the remix alpha.
I uninstalled the generals ZH and removed the directory of Zh to be sure all odl mod/patch files was removed.
I then reinstalled and patched to 1.4 and loaded the game once to check it was working, So far generals ZH was running fine.
I then contiuned to place the mod files where needed.
Remix.big into the main ZH folder
skirmishscripts.scp into the data/scripts folder
generals.csf into data/english

i'm sure this is right folders i tryed to load and apone load i get seriose error and game dies, would liek to know if anyone else has this?

and 2 more ideas for china.
Firstly can u change the power for black lotus of disabling the vehicals to actuly capturing them, this would be so much more usfull.
and secondly. instead of hacker vans (if your having them) How about hacker helo. A modifed helix, this has never been in any other mod that i can think off. And maybe make so if u oder the helix to attack with hackers in it can disable ot caputre near by vehcails ^^
just a thought.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#106 Rosco9487

Rosco9487

title available

• Project Team
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

Put the Remix.big in the data folder. It won't work where you have it, I don't know why but it won't.

#107 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

Put the Remix.big in the data folder. It won't work where you have it, I don't know why but it won't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wtf that makes no sence?
mostly if not all mods i ever played the big files go in the main ZH folder... and i'm sure it said that in the read me, cos i'm sure i checked.
But owell dose not hurt to try ^^

edit: never mind i just reread the read me ^^ lol
i think my eyes are playing tricks on me...
blah.. i still think this is odd tho :lol: where the big file go's

Edited by Phoenix911, 14 November 2005 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

#108 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wtf that makes no sence?
mostly if not all mods i ever played the big files go in the main ZH folder... and i'm sure it said that in the read me, cos i'm sure i checked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't speak for other mods, but thats where both Contra and Remix have always gone.

I think the reason is the load sequence on the .big files. its loaded last if its in the Data folder, which lets it overwrite data loaded from other big files. because contra and remix use several pre-exsisting units and weapons but include lots of changes in the properties they make a big difference when they are loaded
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#109 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wtf that makes no sence?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't speak for other mods, but thats where both Contra and Remix have always gone.

I think the reason is the load sequence on the .big files. its loaded last if its in the Data folder, which lets it overwrite data loaded from other big files. because contra and remix use several pre-exsisting units and weapons but include lots of changes in the properties they make a big difference when they are loaded

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok kool.

Anyways down to buisness :-P
I must say its is amazing even tho i'v only tryed airforce so far. Anyways down to changes and such.

* Dropzone times for all US generals are 2:30 this too me seems too steep, I always thought 2:00 was steep also. I think and 2 of my friends have always agreed with me on this. that the times need to be loweded to be between 1:00 and 1:30, as the plane dose not even drop that much cash and u spend faster than u get.

This maybe make others all unbalanced and soo this is what i normaly do with mods i tend to play alot.

Dropzone time i usely alter to 1:00/1:30 depending on what i feel at the time. this seems to work well as i say u spend faster than u get in.
Blackmarkets i tend to alter to 60 per 2 seconds this is pretty nice. but could easly go down to 50 but i would not say any lower than 45.
and hackers i tend to do this. 10/15/20/25 and for infantry general its..15/20/25/30
there the numbers each rank. (this is upto you but i always find money comes in too slow)

combat choppers with the emp missiles needs a guard order command.. i never built regular combat chinook so check that.

Stratiegic bombing needs changing so the bombers can not be shoot down.
Reasons.
1) its not a generals power, so unlike carpet bombers and moab should be immunie to ground fire.
2) U have to wait for 4 mins along with gaurd the builds before u can use it and they cost alot to built and take time.
Seeing them blown outta the air make them pointless. (they are a superweapon)
3) every superweapons should have teh same draw backs. All drawbacks are listed as..
*Long build time.
*Wait time before u can use
*And high cost
All super weapons have this but are all going to hit aslong as u protect teh building.
nuke can not be stopped once fired, scud storm can not be stopped and partical cannons once ative can not be stopped unless u kill the building when it activated but even then u will still be hit by the first few seconds, And 9 times out of 10 if u have not killed it before it ativates u wont kill it intime.

Basicly this is the worst and most pointless super weapons i ever seen simply cos aslong as u have good AA and possable more forword aa units your protected.
make the bombers faster like auoras (unable to be shoot at) or make them invicable.
this will make it usful.

this is a question, the hercules we talkd about adding an upgrade on the aircrafts to modifire them to be spectors.
are u doing this or have u not added it yet?
Dose not matter but i was hopeing ^^ lol

anyways soo far the airforce gen is amazing and i love all the airfields, and the progresion system is a very nice way to do it i enjoyed it.

anyways will continue to test.. back laters ^^
Posted Image

#110 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:58 PM

Dropzone time i usely alter to 1:00/1:30 depending on what i feel at the time. this seems to work well as i say u spend faster than u get in.
Blackmarkets i tend to alter to 60 per 2 seconds this is pretty nice. but could easly go down to 50 but i would not say any lower than 45.
and hackers i tend to do this. 10/15/20/25 and for infantry general its..15/20/25/30
there the numbers each rank.  (this is upto you but i always find money comes in too slow)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never had a problem with money playing as any general... it could be upped, but then the cost to make them should be upped. you might want too look at your spending habbits :lol:
After I mod all 3 factions If it looks like money is a real problem for everyone then I might change it.

combat choppers with the emp missiles needs a guard order command.. i never built regular combat chinook so check that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will check the commandset. easy fix. thanks.

Stratiegic bombing needs changing so the bombers can not be shoot down.
Basicly this is the worst and most pointless super weapons i ever seen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do have plans to make the stratiegic bombing much stronger... I'm looking at several options including make it available earlier and have a stronger super-weapn available later. Or having it as is with an upgrade to replace the B1s with B2s and bigger bombs... or a Trio of MOABs... I dunno yet...

but I do have to disagree with your rules of super weapons... not all superweapons are created equal. they do not, and should not all have the same atributes. I think they should much more strongly reflect the general.

Ive on several occasions shown my friends (who didn't believe me) that the stratiegic bombing is infact on of the strongest super weapons because of how quickly it fires and how large an area it covers... if you have about 4 of them you can very very quickly level a whole base... and then do it again in just 4 minutes. If the AA is a problem there are several ways to drop the power right before the bombers arive.

this is a question, the hercules we talkd about adding an upgrade on the aircrafts to modifire them to be spectors.
are u doing this or have u not added it yet?
Dose not matter but i was hopeing ^^ lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the upgrade didn't look right at all... I tried it and gave up on that exact plan, I also looked at letting an upgrade make them drop humvees instead of infantry, but the vehicles were too big and it didn't look right at all.

but I do have a new plane being worked on, infact, I'm talking to Rosco about it right now. The new plane should prove quite capable. and fill the gunship role admirably

anyways soo far the airforce gen is amazing and i love all the airfields, and the progresion system is a very nice way to do it i enjoyed it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you much :lol:

Edited by Pendaelose, 14 November 2005 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

Ok cool no problem.
I don't really think my spending is bad :lol:
I went for the first 30 or 40 mins of that game with only touching like 30k and had tons.
But latter in the game when your wanting to build units and planes quiet alot easply if your units are being killed just as fast as u build them... the costs can mount.
But owell it is just personal prefrance i guess :-)

and i never really ment to impley all super weapons should be equal in power or anything. i ment equil in the abuilt to stop them. i mena why spend 5k on a building when the planes get owned.
And to be honest it was not base defences that made the problem it was the 1000's of mantacores/gattling/quad guns they was grouping up and doing nothing with them.

i tryed to dispatch the group with b1b's but they moved and the bombers hit a little but missed aswell cos of there moving. and i lost my b1's :(
I would have used auroa strike bombers but before i launcher my SB superweapon my airfields was hit by anthrax bomb aswell as a carpet bomber, And this was not to mention the reble ambush that made my auroas take off and bomb the shit out of my own airfield lol. Owell the game was going well till my /fighter/bomber wings was destroyed lol.

so anyways yer that why my super weaon never got in ^^ lol
so it damn fustrating. as non of my planes could pass there AA.

anyways i think thats quiet a nice idea making it able to be got ealyer and a more powerful superweapon later on.

Ok cool i just lvoe the spector gunships tho is why i asked. if u could not add them it would not be teh end of the world but it nice to hear your working on it.

I had an idea while i was posting this. tell me what u think.
The defences are cool and u have an anti tank cannon that i love. but it makes the patriots kinda pointless. there not great agest air units cos the missiles are too slow.
So i was thinking why not make the patriots AA ONLY but incress the speed of teh missiles inflight so they can actuly hit stuff. The would still have teh range/reload time draw back. but it would then give it a use as i tend to profer the AT cannon over the patriots
Posted Image

#112 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:31 PM

I had an idea while i was posting this. tell me what u think.
The defences are cool and u have an anti tank cannon that i love. but it makes the patriots kinda pointless. there not great agest air units cos the missiles are too slow.
So i was thinking why not make the patriots AA ONLY but incress the speed of teh missiles inflight so they can actuly hit stuff. The would still have teh range/reload time draw back. but it would then give it a use as i tend to profer the AT cannon over the patriots

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The patriots arn't great at either because they can do both. you can build just gattling and tank guns, and this works, or you can build patriots and artilery and this also works... they overlap roles intentionaly. its much more a preference thing. I usaly build Patriots and Gattlings so that I've got tank-infantry- and double AA protection.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#113 Redsst

Redsst
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

okay, I have finished testing Superweapon General with the following results:
1. the Stealth Fighters bomb is just not powerful enough. It won't do even half damage to a power plant. It is, however, fully invisable before droping it's payload, so that bug has been fixed.

2. the Ambulance/Medic (whatever it's called) vehicle does not heal other vehicles even though the text for that unit says it will. So it's pretty much a useless unit.

3. "Long Arm" MHL has the ability to select regular warhead, clean-up rocket, or EMP rocket. The clean-up and EMP features are not selectable. They stay darkened even after all possible upgrades have been purchased.

4. the Sentry Drone shows that it has two possible upgrades - machine gun and spy drone. However, neither can be purchased anywhere in the command structure. Therefore the Sentry Drone does not have a gun and it can't get one.

5. the 1 Star General Power of "All defense structures built as veterans" says MISSING:'Science: Defense Training' when you put the mouse over it.

6. the ICBM Hydrogen Bomb upgrade says it Requires General Rank 5 AND Generals Promotion. It really only needs to say one or the other. If it says General Rank 5, the requirement of a promotion is understood.

7. the pop-up EMP Patriots and F14 Tomcat models are perfect! They couldn't look any better.

That's it for Superweapon General. I am totally impressed with what I have seen so far. This is gonna be great when it's finished.

#114 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:44 AM

Oooh~! Tomcat~!

Yummy.

#115 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:48 AM

OMFG THE CYBER GENERAL ROCKS!!!

firstly tho any bugs/idea's/changes :lol:

1) Mech skins look very plan and borning.. i think if u have time or know someone could give them a better skin to look more.. idk combat like lol.

2) Little bird helo hs missing object when you hover curser over it.
Also it says it can gain rocket pods,Counter meshers and advance traing upgrades but can not be obtained with this general.

3) Earthshakers or any bunker buster time explosion should not be able to move the large size mechs. ie the assult mechs (dashi) or the firna assult mech these are big and heavy they should not move from such explosions

4) you get a 2 typs of 10 strikes in in general promostion but both look and do the same thing.. only pictures are diff. level 5 pics shows 5 a10s and level 3 a10 strke is normal 3 a10 pics, This maybe needs checking.

5) a10s built at aircrafts should drop all bombs on 1 run or else they are not gonna do the damage thats needed before being shot down.
also 2 ides.
is there a way to add a switch on the a10 to select how meny bombs out of there payload to drop at one time. like 2 or 4 this way you can select the amont need to be droped on 1 pass if onyl needs 2 then slect it so u can use the other 2 on another target or select 4 for heavyer targets.

and could the a10s have missile upgrade as bombs are ok agest non moving targets but sometime is nice to use them in there anti tank roll this means missiles.

anyways one last thing and this is something strange.
On my game near the end of the game i got seriose error and game closed.
I had already built everything once and had no problems and so when it happened i was kinda like thinking wtf?
I had just clicked on an airfield when it crashed thats alli did. and the only units being builts at the time was mechs. Firna and dashis
hope this helps.
Posted Image

#116 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:38 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe Cool.

1) Mech skins look very plan and borning.. i think if u have time or know someone could give them a better skin to look more.. idk combat like lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know... I need some one to reskin them to match the quality of the Fafnir skin. This is well outside my skill set at the moment, but I'm hopping to either learn or get an aditional helper. Rosco is very capable, but I've already given him a long list and don't want to over do it.

2) Little bird helo hs missing object when you hover curser over it.
Also it says it can gain rocket pods,Counter meshers and advance traing upgrades but can not be obtained with this general.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll clean those up...

3) Earthshakers or any bunker buster time explosion should not be able to move the large size mechs. ie the assult mechs (dashi) or the firna assult mech these are big and heavy they should not move from such explosions

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just need to up the Mass... good spoting.

4) you get a 2 typs of 10 strikes in in general promostion but both look and do the same thing.. only pictures are diff. level 5 pics shows 5 a10s and level 3 a10 strke is normal 3 a10 pics, This maybe needs checking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try geting the 4th upgrade... this should change your A-10 strike to have 5 A-10s in it. I just need to change the text so it says LVL4 A-10 strike = 5

If it doesn't do this let me know please.

5) a10s built at aircrafts should drop all bombs on 1 run or else they are not gonna do the damage thats needed before being shot down.
also 2 ides.
is there a way to add a switch on the a10 to select how meny bombs out of there payload to drop at one time. like 2 or 4 this way you can select the amont need to be droped on 1 pass if onyl needs 2 then slect it so u can use the other 2 on another target or select 4 for heavyer targets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a catch 22... if I make them dump all thier ammo at once then they over kill one target and leave doing half the damage they could have... if I pace them out they stay in combat longer and engage multiple targets doing double or triple the damage with the same amount of ammo... I recomend not using them for base attacks... instead try using them on enemy groups moving in the open, or just on the edge of your own base. they excell at this better than any other plane.

I would love it if such an optioni were posible, but it is not... at least I don't know a way to do it. you cannot change the fire rate of a plane in flight without changing the weapon... if it had 2 seperate sets of missiles then it would stay in the area until ALL the missiles were used. both the 4 and 2 sets. the ammo count cannot be linked, only the reload time. If ti were posible it would be an awsome idea.

and could the a10s have missile upgrade as bombs are ok agest non moving targets but sometime is nice to use them in there anti tank roll this means missiles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anyways one last thing and this is something strange.
On my game near the end of the game i got seriose error and game closed.
I had already built everything once and had no problems and so when it happened i was kinda like thinking wtf?
I had just clicked on an airfield when it crashed thats alli did. and the only units being builts at the time was mechs. Firna and dashis
hope this helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check your crash log and shoot me a PM with what it says... you can find the log under "My documents/ zerohour..blah" it will be labeled crash log or info... you can't miss it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#117 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe Cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try geting the 4th upgrade... this should change your A-10 strike to have 5 A-10s in it. I just need to change the text so it says LVL4 A-10 strike = 5

If it doesn't do this let me know please.

I did get the forth skill and i used it but i only could see 3 a10's in a 3 set formation. this is why i mentioned they seem to do the same thing.

and i'll send u my crash log info in pm ^^ peace.
Posted Image

#118 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:48 PM

I did get the forth skill and i used it but i only could see 3 a10's in a 3 set formation. this is why i mentioned they seem to do the same thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll add this bug to the list...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

i have had a headache today so not really played it my friend chris was over and was messing with the super weapon gen and i was not really watching much so can't really say any bugs/changes. But from what my mate said the SW is great.

O one ting i did notise was the laser gens obital strike artil when i used guard close, after every shot it would pack up and then uppack, but some of them was not doing this.. idk if thats a bug or something. maybe needs checking to be sure. As i said it worked but somtimes some fo them would just keep doing that.
Posted Image

#120 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:52 PM

i have had a headache today so not really played it my friend chris was over and was messing with the super weapon gen and i was not really watching much so can't really say any bugs/changes. But from what my mate said the SW is great.

O one ting i did notise was the laser gens obital strike artil when i used guard close, after every shot it would pack up and then uppack, but some of them was not doing this.. idk if thats a bug or something. maybe needs checking to be sure. As i said it worked but somtimes some fo them would just keep doing that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

were they trying to attack targets that wre close up?
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users