#1 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:22 PM

Creator....CYBERNETIC general has no hope against the others ! I have played him 6 times and noone of these 6 winned ! And have in mind that in the last 2 i played 2 vs one ! I had a hard ally, and the enemy was alone, i got pwned ! But when on TANKS, OR NUKE....I kicked their asses ! I was kicked because in the begining of the game Cybernetic REALLY SUCKS ! But i have no problem with that ! The problem is at LVL 3 !!!! When other generals have : EMPERORS, PALADINS...and many more monsters he has CRUSADER ! I think that you're joking ! It is like puting a ranger fight a BERTA ! :dry: :) :)
I think that you dont like to pay attention on Cybernetic ! If you dont pls delete him and put something else in his position... ;)

Edited by Creator, 18 October 2005 - 07:04 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#2 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

Cybernetic is not a stupid force. At rank 1 you should build drones and attack weak places of enemy bases. Destroy enemy supply centers and oil derricks with fast Sentry and Guardian drones and you will get great benefit. Leech drones are are very helpfull at rank 1 as well because they stay invisible even when attacking. At rank 3 you have ROBO-RAPTOR and DRONE CONTROLLER. It is enough to counter Emperors and Paladins. Also MLRS with Missile AI upgrade is really powerfull.

#3 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:21 PM

Cybernetic is not a stupid force. At rank 1 you should build drones and attack weak places of enemy bases. Destroy enemy supply centers and oil derricks with fast Sentry and Guardian drones and you will get great benefit. Leech drones are are very helpfull at rank 1 as well because they stay invisible even when attacking. At rank 3 you have ROBO-RAPTOR and DRONE CONTROLLER. It is enough to counter Emperors and Paladins. Also MLRS with Missile AI upgrade is really powerfull.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MLRS with MISSILE AI upgrade is powerfull ??? LOL :) I dont think so ! But i will look into the code......
Whatever, You cant touch noting from the enemys base ! You just cant pass even a single part of it ! A battlemaster can kick 3 drones.... :dry:
Also i meant ground force ! I didnt noticed that at lvl 3 it has DRONE CONTROLLER...I will try it and ill tell you...! Thanks ! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#4 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

I didnt noticed that at lvl 3 it has DRONE CONTROLLER...I will try it and ill tell you...! Thanks ! :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drone controlers are very powerful but require alot of close attention and specific orders. they don't do well at all with generic gaurd orders.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:01 PM

the _tmpchunk.dat is created when you compile AI scrpits from worldbuilder...  most users don't have it,  but it can screw up the AI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Creator....CYBERNETIC general has no hope against the others ! I have played him 6 times and noone of these 6 winned ! And have in mind that in the last 2 i played 2 vs one ! I had a hard ally, and the enemy was alone, i got pwned ! But when on TANKS, OR NUKE....I kicked their asses ! I was kicked because in the begining of the game Cybernetic REALLY SUCKS ! But i have no problem with that ! The problem is at LVL 3 !!!! When other generals have : EMPERORS, PALADINS...and many more monsters he has CRUSADER ! I think that you're joking ! It is like puting a ranger fight a BERTA ! :dry: :) :)
I think that you dont like to pay attention on Cybernetic ! If you dont pls delete him and put something else in his position... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yah. I tried using cyber and it is a bit difficult at start. You gotta be a hardcore player with cyber. Basically rush to damage his economy. If fails you are screwed.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

yah.  I tried using cyber and it is a bit difficult at start.  You gotta be a hardcore player with cyber.  Basically rush to damage his economy.  If fails you are screwed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Screwed is nothing ! F***D UP is the word ! cause if you kill him from the start (do great damage to his base, so you can survive..) then how you will rank up ? when he will turtle all the time ? :dry:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#7 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:57 PM

First impressions on balance

Aircraft General
Weaker than before. Needs help.

Laser General
Better due to new defensive option. (Not counting sniper bug from 003)

Cybernectic General
Much better. Still owned by nuke gen, but thats hardly something to be ashamed of!

Super Weapon general
Big improvement due to working SDI and stealthed defences.

USA ain't complaining! :)

Nuke General
Better! :dry: I just don't get it!

Tank General
Slight defensive improvement.

Flame General
Slightly better. Powerful but short range super unit. Misses the range the old Smerch had.

Infantry General
Better.

Assault General
Big improvement.

Demo General
Nice improvement

Stealth General
Biggest improvement of all Generals!

Chemical General
Good improvement.

Thats it! whats your opinions? :)

#8 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:40 AM

yah.  I tried using cyber and it is a bit difficult at start.  You gotta be a hardcore player with cyber.  Basically rush to damage his economy.  If fails you are screwed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Screwed is nothing ! F***D UP is the word ! cause if you kill him from the start (do great damage to his base, so you can survive..) then how you will rank up ? when he will turtle all the time ? :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically think of cyber gen as a pirate or raiders. They aren't meant for building up huge armies. Got to keep the pressure to rank up.
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

#9 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:42 AM

Aircraft General

Actually I think Airforce is better than before. This have been a real good improvement over last version. Much more balanced than before. Only thing I could suggest is get AI more aggressive before it hits 3rd rank.

#10 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:28 AM

Aircraft General

Flame General
Slightly better. Powerful but short range super unit. Misses the range the old Smerch had.

Thats it! whats your opinions?  :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for Aircraft general, don't you like B-52s? They can launch Tomahawks staying out of enemy range. Also MCV tank can be useful for taking off anti aircraft units. Have you used them?

As for flame general, Smerch is not removed. I recommend you to use both Smerches and new heavy mortars. Mortars are in front, Smerches and gattlings are behind them.

#11 prophet of the pimps

prophet of the pimps

Leader of the Shockwave Minions

• Project Team
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:04 AM

Nukes migs are too powerful. two can take out a defence structure. make the defence structure the same damage they did to air in normal zero hour. now its very difficult to counter air attacks especially with patriots.

PS: The AI is Awesome.:sad:
"I wanted to be a neo-deconstructivist but Mom wouldn't let me"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 ALPHA_AURORA

ALPHA_AURORA
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:22 PM

Aircraft General

Flame General

Thats it! whats your opinions?  :sad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for Aircraft general, don't you like B-52s? They can launch Tomahawks staying out of enemy range. Also MCV tank can be useful for taking off anti aircraft units. Have you used them?

As for flame general, Smerch is not removed. I recommend you to use both Smerches and new heavy mortars. Mortars are in front, Smerches and gattlings are behind them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i loved the B-52, i built a lot of them and attacked with them a lot! great unit to use good work Creator!

#13 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

Well, i dont like CYBERNETIC as it is right now ! But im sure im gonna like like Pendaelose will make it.... :sad: :lol: !
You know why ? Cause if a general is depending on speed then he cant win ! Speed is counting only in real life ! :lol:
Nuke is OVERpowered...BUT I LIKE HIM !!!!!!!
I disnt tested AIRF yet ! (and FLAME) so i cant say something about em !
Stealth is becoming very good ! And nice to play with ! GREAT WORK THERE CREATOR ! :grin:

But pls, make Cybernetic a normal faction in the next CONTRA ! ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#14 ALPHA_AURORA

ALPHA_AURORA
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:02 PM

when i use the cyber gen i build a lot of drones and attack my oppenents tanks and their easily defeated. it does kinda suck that all u can really build are drones, but in big groups the drones are powerful!

#15 renegadezero

renegadezero
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:42 PM

what ALPHA AURORA said. i do think cybernetic is a bit underpowered vs the infantry gen... mainly because his only anti inf unit in the beggining are sentry drones and rangers with flashbangs?... he needs an anti infantry weapon (yes i know about leeches but they are useless vs inf later on as the troop crawlers detect them) and maybe change his guardian drones strong vs text to strong vs tanks instead of infantry (he needs an early anti vehicle drone) and tune its damage vs vehicles up a bit? (only slightly)

Edited by renegadezero, 19 October 2005 - 03:45 PM.

#16 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

Build lots of Scout Drones and research FlashBang upgrade then. Scout Drones will fire flash missiles. I think it is enough to counter infantry general.

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

Build lots of Scout Drones and research FlashBang upgrade then. Scout Drones will fire flash missiles. I think it is enough to counter infantry general.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The CommandBar:ToolTop text for both the flash bang, the TOW missle, and the scout drone should be edited to show what they will do for Cybr because they are so differnt than the same upgrade in other armies
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#18 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

The CommandBar:ToolTop text for both the flash bang, the TOW missle, and the scout drone should be edited to show what they will do for Cybr because they are so differnt than the same upgrade in other armies

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats right....PLS Fix the toolbar !
As for the Cybernetic...lets stop it he wont listen................
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#19 renegadezero

renegadezero
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

scout drones? do you mean sentry drones?

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

scout drones? do you mean sentry drones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, scout drones, the same ones that spot stealth
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users